Time to take a Stand on No Adult Ony Pools

It definitely was much quieter and calmer before they got rid of adult only pools. A lot of ruckus going on most of time on lido by center pool. Doesn't make much difference to me, I'll go where its quiet and don't go in the pool on every cruise anyway.

I do wish they still had a cigar lounge though : ) Must have been nice back in the day - LOL The floor plan layouts were terribly designed

I liked the Serentiy on the Miracle in the back of the ship, no dedicated pool but very nice and you could sleep out there.

I thought the Miracle did have a pool in the Serenity area. I was on her along time ago - but I know she's a sister ship to the Legend & I could have sworn there was a pool back there. I'll be on the Miracle again next month, so I guess I'll find out if my memory fails me (again).

This depends greatly on the class of the ship. On Conquest-class and similar, the Serenity area does seem like an afterthought, piled up front on two decks, often with a lot of wind.

On the other hand, on Fantasy-class ships the Serenity area almost seems like it "belongs" there, on the ship's fantail with little or no annoying wind and a nice view of the ship's wake. There's no "passthrough" traffic involving kids.

I think you are correct. We have been on the Fascination, Conquest & Magic and of the three only Conquest was a disappointment. We loved the Serenity area on the Magic. One of the best areas! Large with lots of lounges, clamshells and hammocks.

I thought the Miracle did have a pool in the Serenity area. I was on her along time ago - but I know she's a sister ship to the Legend & I could have sworn there was a pool back there. I'll be on the Miracle again next month, so I guess I'll find out if my memory fails me (again).

Us 2, we're on 2/24, love it coming to Tampa! :D

if the kids did not have another pool and the water park it would be so different ... its not even the kids in the pool , its the screaming and splashing that goes with it .

I very rarely see kids in the main pool because it's usually younger adults sitting around it. I think the only true area that is majority kids is the Waterworks. Personally as a cruiser that takes my children, I wish there was just a kids only POOL.

Tonight I called Carnival to discuss my options on canceling our cruise on Splendor over this asinine policy to eliminate Adult Only pools.

After getting the news it would cost me about $1300, I was connected to a CS person who heard my complaint.

Of course she could have been feeding me a line of BS but said management was polling the responses and was open to a change.

Love kids, raised 2 and have cruised with their children.

However, adults who pay full fare and spend much of the money on a cruise need and deserve a place where we can go to swim, relax, drink( bar revenue ) and have a good time without the screaming and splashing that goes with kids.

If you feel this way please contact Carnival and make your voice heard!

Go on Viking - no underage kids .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We like the separate adult pool area. When our boys were smaller, we enjoyed getting up on sea days and eating breakfast.... playing a few games together, explore the ship a little...aka ....family time.....before dropping them at Camp Carnival for a little adult fun around the ship. By the time we hit the decks for a little sun, the Serenity area was usually full with not a chair to be found. It was nice to have the adult pool area to retreat away from the playful sounds of children that we heard daily. That was an attractive part of a cruise vacation for us. We could usually find a chair and chill without the sounds of children who naturally squeal with excitement. Another huge thing for us was having a pool SEPARATE from the adult pool when we wanted to take our children for a swim or splash. The adult pool area typically has more alcohol and sometimes more of a party atmosphere. No harm; no foul. After all, those adults were on THEIR vacation just as we were on ours. Just did not always want out boys around that as sometimes the language that slips out when the tongue becomes relaxed is not something we wanted them to ask about. The bottom line is that the ships are big enough to accommodate everyone and should continue to do so with separate pool areas. It simply makes good sense. Good vacation sense and good customer satisfaction sense.

Tonight I called Carnival to discuss my options on canceling our cruise on Splendor over this asinine policy to eliminate Adult Only pools.

After getting the news it would cost me about $1300, I was connected to a CS person who heard my complaint.

Of course she could have been feeding me a line of BS but said management was polling the responses and was open to a change.

Love kids, raised 2 and have cruised with their children.

However, adults who pay full fare and spend much of the money on a cruise need and deserve a place where we can go to swim, relax, drink( bar revenue ) and have a good time without the screaming and splashing that goes with kids.

If you feel this way please contact Carnival and make your voice heard!

I prefer the splashing of kids verses the adults standing/sitting in the hot tubs/pools for endless hours having drinks and never getting out to head to the bathroom.🤢🤢🤢

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival is a family cruise line; they're not going to change that. If you want an adult only cruise ship, look elsewhere. But since you seem to be booking with Carnival may I suggest selecting a ship that does have a pool in the Serenity area. I was just on the Miracle and it had one; I'm sure there are others in the fleet, too. It was a pleasant surprise after cruising on the Imagination, which only had the hot tub. Seriously though, if your life is so great that your biggest frustration is whether or not you have a pool to yourself on a family cruise ship, you're living a pretty good life.

Yes, Carnival is a family cruise line. But, they also advertise and recruit people without kids: singles, DINKS, seniors. And yes they have offered adult only pools and other areas in the past. If they want to continue to attract the other demographics besides families, they need to continue to offer these areas.

I have no problem with supervised kids. I do have a problem kids who aren't supervised and the parents who allow that to happen. If you bring your kids on vacation with you, you cannot take a vacation from parenting!

Sorry people but you’re all missing the point. Even though they currently have adult only pools, Carnival never advertises their cruises as “adult only”.

So for me, if your looking for adults only, go to a land based vacation where they advertise adult only like a Sandals, or a cruise ship that caters to older adults.

Sorry people but you’re all missing the point. Even though they currently have adult only pools, Carnival never advertises their cruises as “adult only”.

So for me, if your looking for adults only, go to a land based vacation where they advertise adult only like a Sandals, or a cruise ship that caters to older adults.

And just because they don't advertise as "adult only" doesn't mean they can't have "adult only" areas on the ship if they want. Bars, Serenity, and Spa are also adult only areas or are you advocating the bars be open to munchkins at 1 am if they want (of course, that would keep them from running up and down the hallways)?

And just because they don't advertise as "adult only" doesn't mean they can't have "adult only" areas on the ship if they want. Bars, Serenity, and Spa are also adult only areas or are you advocating the bars be open to munchkins at 1 am if they want (of course, that would keep them from running up and down the hallways)?

Exactly. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to go on a family oriented cruise line and have a few kid free zones. Even when I brought my own doesn’t mean we had to be around them 24/7. They went to camp and it would be nice to have a little quiet time away from everyone’s children that didn’t involve staying in my cabin.

Some are so quick to jump on adults that want a respite from kids. That doesn’t mean we are kid haters nor should we be relegated to land based vacations or adult only cruise lines. Believe it or not, I would say the majority of the people that enjoy adult only areas also travel with or have traveled with kids in the past. So we shouldn’t bring the family along on Carnival but rather leave the kids home so we can go to an adults only retreat just because we think it’s a positive thing to have some adult only spots? Ridiculous!

Sorry people but you’re all missing the point.
No, I'm afraid that you're missing the point. All of Carnivals main cruise line competition all have adults only areas on their ships. Royal, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, even the ultimate kids line Disney. If Walt had it in his vision to provide the people that pay for the vacation a respite area on the ship to get away from the profit makers that made his empire, why should Carnival not have one adults only pool?

Or are you a member of the me generation that let's your precious darlings run amok while you take a vacation from parenting while you relax on your lounger or consume your favorite libation? You do realize that parenting is a 24/7 responsibility for 18 years.