Breakfast orange juice

catperson02

Can anyone tell me whether the juice provided at breakfast in the buffet had "bits" in it? We have just returned from a weekend away and both my daughters turned their noses up at the juice provided at breakfast for this very reason. How they have managed to reach 16 and 18 years and still refuse to consume anything which they perceive to have "bits" in it is beyond me! One will drink apple juice if the offending "bits" are present but the other, who is totally adventurous regarding food in all other respects refuses point blank. They both, with real reason, declare the coffee provided to be foul which I have to agree with.

I am desperately trying to remember what the juice was like from our last P&O cruise which was a couple of years ago but cannot for the life of me remember what we did for breakfast drinks. I have a feeling that they regularly missed breakfast on sea days and went straight to lunch (I went to the MDR for my breakfast while they were still sound asleep). If the juice is of the offending variety I may stuff a few 250ml cartons in the case to take with us but if not needed I would rather not.

Bits or not, it isn't freshly squeezed orange, it's concentrate. And it's vile. Sadly, even in the fabulous Epicurean Restaurant, which we enjoy for breakfast when we book a suite, it's still not the proper stuff and is equally undrinkable! The smoothies however are delicious - well on Britannia anyway. On Ventura recently, the Epicurean team managed to make every flavour taste of vanilla. In fact, even vanilla has more flavour than the ones they served.

When my son attended a slimming club he was told to only drink orange juice if he would eat 10 oranges at once as that was how many it took to produce a glass !!!!! So i always have tomato juice, even the apple juice is very sweet!

Catperson02

I had to laugh at your post - my daughter is now 31 and also refuses to drink juice with "bits" or eat any yoghurts with bits. She has just had her first child so they will be able to eat baby no bits yoghurts together lol

As mentioned above, the juice has no bits in because it's not really juice. I'm not even sure it's from a concentrate and it tastes more like squash or that "Capri Sun" stuff you get in pouches. Stick to tea, coffee or water.

Thank you. It appears that we will be free of "bits" in the juice. My next task will be getting the pair of them up for breakfast.

You could hide the room service card so they do not complete it and hang it on the door handle at night. Then in the morning mention bacon.

Regards John

I can recommend the OJ with a drop of gin

Should that not be the other way round.

:)

But a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app