Suggestions for Amsterdam Hotel for 2018

Have searched the port threads, now trying here. We are looking for a mid price hotel in Amsterdam for next year post cruise. Would like walking distance to train terminal. Would love one in area of Ann Frank House. Hotel we stayed in several years ago is no longer in business.

Please don't suggest reading the ports thread. Done that already and there is not one. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are at all interested in apartments, I'm renting one in the Jordaan area (2 blocks from the Anne Frank House) for $220 US a night mid-May. I can come back and let you know how it was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by JoyMouse

If you are at all interested in apartments, I'm renting one in the Jordaan area (2 blocks from the Anne Frank House) for $220 US a night mid-May. I can come back and let you know how it was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would love to hear. We probably will look for a hotel as we are only going to be there 3/4 days post.

Did Amsterdam a couple years ago. I did all the booking for 6 of us. Before booking be sure and inquire about their cancellation policy! Most hotels charge your c.c. the full amount upon booking. When asked about cancellation policy,was told"If you are sick you don't pay". Ended up staying at the RHO Hotel. Nothing fancy,reasonably priced,great location, and c.c. wasn't charged until arrival. Hope this helps and have a great trip.

Have searched the port threads, now trying here. We are looking for a mid price hotel in Amsterdam for next year post cruise. Would like walking distance to train terminal. Would love one in area of Ann Frank House. Hotel we stayed in several years ago is no longer in business.

Please don't suggest reading the ports thread. Done that already and there is not one. Thanks in advance.

Banks Mansion , tram service just outside . Includes full cooked to order breakfast , all drinks and snacks in the afternoon. Friendly staff that can provide tickets to most attractions.

We stayed at the Doubletree Amsterdam Centraal Station in December. It is right next to the train station and walking distance to Anne Frank and most of the main areas of Amsterdam. And it is a beautiful hotel with great staff and a delish breakfast buffet!

I'll second the Doubletree at Centraal Station. We had a great experience there & it is right by the station. Anne Frank house is walkable (not a short walk, but totally doable).

The Crowne Plaza near Centraal Station & The Renaissance are also very nice. The Crowne Plaza is very convenient!

We've also stayed on a houseboat (via online booking). It was on the same canal as Anne Frank House. This was a great experience (& a little less than a hotel).

I'll second the Doubletree at Centraal Station. We had a great experience there & it is right by the station. Anne Frank house is walkable (not a short walk, but totally doable).

The Crowne Plaza near Centraal Station & The Renaissance are also very nice. The Crowne Plaza is very convenient!

We've also stayed on a houseboat (via online booking). It was on the same canal as Anne Frank House. This was a great experience (& a little less than a hotel).

Would love the houseboat idea. Can you email me or share the one you used. Gagirl7143atyahoo.com

Would love the houseboat idea. Can you email me or share the one you used. Gagirl7143atyahoo.com

We booked via apartments.com. The houseboat we rented was Prinsengracht Houseboat. They had several other options as well.

We booked via apartments.com. The houseboat we rented was Prinsengracht Houseboat. They had several other options as well.

Thanks so much. Love the house boat idea. Stayed in a charming small hotel when we were there several years ago but it has been bought and upgraded and now too expensive. Thanks again!!

We stayed as Swissotel on Dam Square. It is such a wonderful walking city, easy to walk to the Anne Frank House, canal cruises. We were a block from the tram which takes you to the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. This is a city to people watch, and our hotel was a great location for that. We took a cab to the port (river cruise)

We stayed at the Doubletree Amsterdam Centraal Station in December. It is right next to the train station and walking distance to Anne Frank and most of the main areas of Amsterdam. And it is a beautiful hotel with great staff and a delish breakfast buffet!

I don't know if it's the best hotel, but I'm staying at the Doubletree also, to use my free points. Sounds like a great location, next to the trains, and next to the port, with easy access to everything.

We stayed at the Amrath last May and liked it. However, if we go back, we will stay in the Jordaan district. Lovely walking city and always felt safe, even in the RLD.

We did use Rudy's Taxi company from the airport to our hotel, then the day of the cruise hired Rudy again for a tour of the tulips, and outskirt cities. He then dropped us off at the port. Rudy picked us up after the cruise for the ride to the airport.

I don't know if it's the best hotel, but I'm staying at the Doubletree also, to use my free points. Sounds like a great location, next to the trains, and next to the port, with easy access to everything.

It's very nice--new and modern. Not to mention, the location is very convenient.

For airport transport, we found Tinker to have good rates (better the earlier you book) and very reliable transportation. We used the train in the past, but private transportation met our needs better on our last trip.

Another vote for the Doubletree Centraal Station. We have stayed there twice, short walk to the train station, easy walk to the ship, lots of others places are an easy walk too. You can pick up the hop on hop off canal boats right there too.

We've stayed at the Mouvenpick which is right at the port and an easy walk from Central Station. We booked the "executive" level which included breakfast and an evening cocktail hour. We've also stayed at the Crowne Plaza. Also within walking distance of the station. Across the street is a nice breakfast place. We would recommend either hotel.

I would recommend Die Port Van Cleve. It is within walking distance to the train station. It was a 10 min taxi ride to the cruise terminal. You can catch a hop on hop off river cruise by the train station and get off right at Ann Frank House. The hotel is situated across the street from Dam square.