Alaska - Port to Airport

Ladybuggers

We are sailing in May. Delta moved our outbound flight to 11:35AM. Seattle. I read mixed reviews from last year about the transfers. One was that suite passengers get off first, and others have to wait. Others said If I make request with guest services it will guaranteed that I will be able to make it to the airport on time to clear customs and check in. Has anyone recently gone through this process.

Thanks

Edited by Ladybuggers

Have you called Delta to see if there would be a later flight in the afternoon or early evening that you could take?

What if Delta, could change your flight to another Airline, would that work?

I know Princess asked that no flights before noon or is it 1:00pm?

I hope you can find a workable solution so you are not in a rush to meet your flight.

What port/airport are we talking about? Vancouver, I assume. 11:30 is very tight, but doable if you can carry your bags off, and be off the ship in the first group or two. Or, you could have Delta change your flights, for free, to a later flight.

Princess IS NOT going to guarantee you can make this flight. That just ain't going happen.

Where are you disembarking? Whittier? Vancouver? Seattle? I would assume Whittier from the thread title, but since you mention "clearing customs" that leads me to also think Vancouver :confused:.

If Whittier that is cutting it too close, unlikely Princess would sell you a transfer for a flight that early:

ANCHORAGE

[...]

Disembarking Passengers

For voyages arriving in Whittier at 12:30 am, the earliest flight departure from Anchorage is 11:00 am, however 1:00 pm is the recommended earliest flight departure.

For passengers on the Scenic Rail transfer, the earliest flight departure from Anchorage is 1:00 pm.

For voyages arriving in Whittier at 5:00 am or 7:00 am, the earliest flight departure from Anchorage is 1:30 pm.

Where are you disembarking? Whittier? Vancouver? Seattle? I would assume Whittier from the thread title, but since you mention "clearing customs" that leads me to also think Vancouver :confused:.

I assumed Vancouver for the same reason. Guess we are wrong...

OK still confused about your statement regarding "making it to the airport on time to clear customs" for a flight from Seattle to Michigan.

You are JUST within Princess' flight guidelines

SEATTLE

[...]

Disembarking Passengers

For voyages that arrive in Seattle at 7:00 am, the earliest flight departure is 11:30 am.

For voyages that arrive in Seattle at 7:30 am, the earliest flight departure is 12:00 pm.

Please note, the above flight guidelines are for passengers sailing on a cruise roundtrip from Seattle.

...meaning if you cannot change to a later flight I would not rely on a coach transfer, but jump into a cab as soon as you are out. If you are unable to do self-carry make sure you are in the very first bag tag group. To guarantee that be sure to enter the flight details into your cruise personalizer.

I forgot to airport, i fixed the post. I had read in other posts we would have to clear customs so I was not sure about that either.

Any Immigration and Customs will be at the pier in Seattle. Not the airport. Passport check at Seattle if you are flying out of the US.

To me, that's a bit risky, but you could probably swing it if you do Express Walk-Off with your own luggage and take a taxi or sign up for the Princess transfers. My top recommendation would be to call Delta, though, and see if there's a later flight they can move you to; when things like this happen, they will usually move you at no cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing in May. Delta moved our outbound flight to 11:35AM. Seattle. I read mixed reviews from last year about the transfers. One was that suite passengers get off first, and others have to wait. Others said If I make request with guest services it will guaranteed that I will be able to make it to the airport on time to clear customs and check in. Has anyone recently gone through this process.

Thanks

Also enter your independent flight arrangements in your booking in cruise personalizer. This helps when getting assigned a disembarkation time/baggage tags onboard. I would not take a Princess transfer. If you can I would sign up for the first walk off group and get a and Uber, cab, or a private car.

In the past we have used Solomons Limo 206-245-3540, he uses Lincoln Town cars and SUV's.