What's the most useful thing you pack?

I also travel with a tablet full of books, but sometimes there is a book I want to read that isn't available in my format. Then I get it from the library in hardcover and read it at home. Just advocating flexibility. Actually, most of the books I read on my tablet are downloaded for free from my library. Not everyone is aware of this option

If you have a tablet, just get the app to read the format you want. I use Marvin on my iPad Mini for ePub books, and the Kindle app for Kindle books.

There are also ways to convert formats, but a bit beyond this thread. :)

I use a roll up bag for jewlery; found for .25 at a garage sale. I put individual items (if they would get tangled) in the tiny ziplock bags. The roll up bag has several zip compartments and one large compartment.

I don't think my larger necklaces or bracelets would fit in a pill organizer but I can see it would be nice for earrings. Maybe I will try it for home!

I can get quite a bit in the silk bag and yet it doesn't take much space--either flat or rolled. I put it in my carry-on, if I am taking my 'good' jewelry. For costume jewelry it goes in the suitcase.

I just do earrings.... but maybe I'll find a jewelry bag for the next cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use a roll up bag for jewlery; found for .25 at a garage sale. I put individual items (if they would get tangled) in the tiny ziplock bags. The roll up bag has several zip compartments and one large compartment.

I don't think my larger necklaces or bracelets would fit in a pill organizer but I can see it would be nice for earrings. Maybe I will try it for home!

I can get quite a bit in the silk bag and yet it doesn't take much space--either flat or rolled. I put it in my carry-on, if I am taking my 'good' jewelry. For costume jewelry it goes in the suitcase.

For necklaces and things that tangle, try looking up videos on youtube about packing jewelry. The method I prefer uses tissue or toilet paper. lay the chain across the paper, fold the paper over, fold the chain back across on that paper, fold paper over chain again (or roll), repeat until you've wrapped up the length of the chain. ... I don't know if my explanation makes any sense at all, but it's pretty easy to find it on youtube.

For necklaces and things that tangle, try looking up videos on youtube about packing jewelry. The method I prefer uses tissue or toilet paper. lay the chain across the paper, fold the paper over, fold the chain back across on that paper, fold paper over chain again (or roll), repeat until you've wrapped up the length of the chain. ... I don't know if my explanation makes any sense at all, but it's pretty easy to find it on youtube.

It sounds like that would really work; my teeny zip locks work well too though, so I will probably stick with that.

Also, to whoever suggested it, I have now put all my earrings in a plastic compartmented container--I used a craft type one rather than a pill organizer--it works great! But I probably won't use it for travel because it is rigid, plus I don't take that many earrings.

Here's one I haven't seen listed: BONGO TIES (google them)

You know those slick chrome coat hooks on the Princess bathroom doors. Your towels and robes slip off them into the puddle from the shower? Wrap a Bongo Tie around each and they give you just enough rubber grip to keep your stuff on the hooks.

Other uses: Wrap up excess cable to your electrical extension cord, attach your umbrella to your carry-bag, attach about anything to anything else temporarily, Attach your bag to your chair, etc.

My CPAP. I keep a long extension cord in case that has 3 outlets. I have a power strip in there to but find the long cord more useful on cruise ship.

I also bring 2 reusable shopping bag that crunches up to the size of a fist. It has been used as beach bag, to carry shopping and to hold dirty laundry.

We are an apple family so need the adapter and cord for charging.

All these are kept in my CPAP bag when at home so never forget them. My prescription meds go in this bag also. Has a nice highly visable sign that says medical equipment.