Best beaches- Labadee and Falmouth

Hello all,

I've searched through various boards and forums but couldn't really find what I was looking for regarding my question.

What are the best/your favorite beaches in Labadee and Falmouth? We are considering the Bamboo Beach Club VIP day in Falmouth; I've seen mixed reviews here, but positive reviews on TripAdvisor (not many recent reviews on here, either). Are there better options for a beach day? We're looking to be able to relax and eat on the beach the majority of either/both of those days, and I'd like to be comfortable and know that the service will be decent (and, if it's an excursion we're paying for, that it'll be worth the money)!

Hoping to hear from anyone who has done the VIP Bamboo Beach Club excursion- and whether or not you recommend it- and anyone who has recommendations for other beach excursions or other beaches in walking distance!

Thanks!

Is that the one that you can get to for free on a boat? If so, can you come back on the boat, or do you have to take a land shuttle? TIA

Yes, there is sometimes a water taxi that goes to that beach. However, you must take the tram back because you have to go through security.

Since there are no nice beaches close to Falmouth, the Bamboo Beach Club or one of the hotel beach breaks are your best bet for a nice beach day. . RCI offers a shuttle bus to a place they call Red Stripe Beach, but you have to pay for any food, drink and loungers once there. And it is a small area. We didn't care for it and left after about 45 minutes. We love Labadee. Just pick a spot you like. Columbus Cove and Nellie's beach both face the calm side of the island with mountain views. The other side of the island is not good for swimming as the breakers are pretty rough and the shore is rocky. At some points along that shore there are signs warning not to enter the water.

I loved Columbus Cove but it was awful having to walk by the "locals" selling their goods and harassing you. I felt like being acosted during my walk from the tram down to the beach, but then for some reason, on the return back to the ship, the shuttle actually came down to the beach to get us (but a nightmare getting on the shuttle itself). wish I had known that since hubby is disabled and difficulty walking. No one told us the tram also went further down to the beach. The tran driver said that Nellie's was the best for swimming. I shouldn't have listened and gotten off at that stop, which I will do on my next visit to Labadee. Not crystal clear water, but very warm.

Bamboo Beach Club. Worst beach on any island I've ever been to. We had to stay with our group and they sat us in front of blaring speakers, so no nice relaxing and quiet beach day for us. The sand was course like kitty litter! We were told no taking pictures of the entertainment, which consisted of dancers dancing on a small wooden plank. The food was horrible, and the lemonade smelled like urine! Just not a nice beach experience.

Does RCI set up a lunch at either Nellie's or Columbus Cove, or just back near the entrance to Labadee.

The only additional lunch I've seen is for guests at Barefoot Beach. However, when I look at the Labadee map, I do see a "food" icon near Columbus Cove.

There is a lunch pavilion at Columbus Cove. We loved that beach last year, it was perfect for families.Easy access into the water, sandy beach for playing, close to bathrooms, food, and bar. There is a marketplace set up there, but as long as we were sitting on the beach, no one hounded us. We did go back there and shop, primarily to spend some money in the local economy, and while they certainly did try to get us to visit each of their booths, everyone was very polite and I didn't feel like they were being overly aggressive.