On Grand Princess now..Butter and Blue Bags..Answers.

Belle

We just got of the Royal on April 19th from a B2B. First leg no blue bag we ended up having to by a bag to carry towels etc. because DW did not pack one because "we always get on of those blue bag things". Lucky for us they had a sale on canvus bags for $10, we noticed several (like hundreds) others had purchased these to because according to DW "we" were not the only ones to forget a towel/junk bag. Which she loved how it had a zipper pocket, etc.

Then second leg we go back to cabin and find A BLUE BAG! Well the new bag gets put in the closet the rest of the trip and she carrys the BLUE BAG every where. What about the cool features of the zipper pockets? But it is not a BLUE BAG!

Funny thing is we could pick out the people who did the first leg the B2B with us by the bag they had, then oh yea they went on the ... tour with us on the first leg.

As to the butter, every meal in MD.

Lucky for us they had a sale on canvus bags for $10, we noticed several (like hundreds) others had purchased these to because according to DW "we" were not the only ones to forget a towel/junk bag. Which she loved how it had a zipper pocket, etc.

I think their "sale" just may have had something to do with the fact that they missed on giving out blue bags? :D:D;)

Thanks Belle, we will be boarding the Grand Sunday and my DW has packed an old blue bag in her suit case for old times sake:). Hope the seas have been calm for you and thanks for posting. I believe the phrase "social media" is a misnomer sometimes and it seems CC has changed over the years, IMHO

49er

If you bring your bag from home, you might get a lot of "fun" out of it when people see it and want to know where you got it. If they are "snotty," then you say it was in your cabin (which is mostly truthful) and let them stew they didn't get one or, better yet, go to the front desk and tell them they were "missed."

I had heard they charged for hot chocolate on the Alaska itinerary so I brought a box of Swiss Mix with me for my family. As I was mixing it in the Lido, a lady came over and asked where I had found it. Told her I brought it from home and she asked if I would sell her a packet. I had an extra packet with me and I gave it to her. New BFF on the cruise!

I'll have to check that out. Is there whipped cream for topping?

Not that I've ever seen although I guess you could first get your chocolate & go to the dessert area (close by) and ask them if they have a can of reddi wip. I know the girl we knew last Nov would have gotten it....at least for the next day. ;) `

Not that I've ever seen although I guess you could first get your chocolate & go to the dessert area (close by) and ask them if they have a can of reddi wip. I know the girl we knew last Nov would have gotten it....at least for the next day. ;) `

I know for the afternoon offerings buffet they have the whipped cream for the scones that you take yourself. So I could get some from there - put it on my plate and then when seated, put it into the chocolate! Yum-o!

How much should you tip for extra butter?

I must say in Feb. on the CB it did seem a bit strange to be given four rolls, six breadsticks and only two pats of butter for two people. I didn't ask for more as the allotment seemed to suggest that was all you should have.

...four rolls, six breadsticks and only two pats of butter for two people...

Well since I don't eat butter but my wife does the above would be pretty ok for the two of us. Maybe they modeled the serving portions after us! It must be true! We're so honored! And so proud! Autographs anyone? [emoji1]

Well since I don't eat butter but my wife does the above would be pretty ok for the two of us. Maybe they modeled the serving portions after us! It must be true! We're so honored! And so proud! Autographs anyone? [emoji1]

Could you please sign my butter? It's usually plenty hard enough to engrave.