Am I missing something on FTTF?

famof4togo

The person I was replying to wasn't quite clear because they mentioned "get on the cruise," which I take as boarding, but also mentioned "regular check-ins." They might be confusing check-in time with actual boarding time. It sounds like they got an email stating their new check-in time will be 1:00, but if they have FTTF, they can check in before then. FTTF passengers still have to pick a check-in time online, but are free to check-in anytime.

Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival
or 'Faster to the Fun'
must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure,

So yes, it applies to those with FTTF. If I had FTTF and selected a 1pm check-in time online, I can still check in at, let's say, 11am. But they do recommend you pick a check-in time online that better matches your arrival time to the terminal to make it smoother.

Got it, thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I can add to the above, apparently there is a segment of "firsties" that like to hurry up to the Lido deck to watch people standing in line waiting to board. Apparently that is a sense of perverse enjoyment :rolleyes:

Standing on Lido and making fun of the drunks (sorry, the inebriated) trying to make it onboard before leaving port is much better enjoyment. :')

If I can add to the above, apparently there is a segment of "firsties" that like to hurry up to the Lido deck to watch people standing in line waiting to board. Apparently that is a sense of perverse enjoyment :rolleyes:
If that were true, it's no different than the enjoyment some get from "pier runners" nearly missing/missing the ship. I don't think being a first-timer has much to do with it.

We are trying it on our first Carnival cruise in the fall, mainly for the perk of having our room ready early. We hate schlepping around with our carryon bags and my husband's CPAP machine. And yes, I know we can board later and our room will be ready but since this is only a 4 night cruise we want to start asap! Don't know if it'll be worth it or not but I think it's worth trying once to see.
That right there is probably the best assessment of the value of FTTF there is. In the end, it's a personal preference and if you think it might possibly be worth it for the reasons you deem beneficial, try it once and find out.

If that were true, it's no different than the enjoyment some get from "pier runners" nearly missing/missing the ship. I don't think being a first-timer has much to do with it.

That right there is probably the best assessment of the value of FTTF there is. In the end, it's a personal preference and if you think it might possibly be worth it for the reasons you deem beneficial, try it once and find out.

Organized, I think you misunderstood my use of "Firstie". It has nothing to do with a first time cruiser. A firstie is someone that always has to be "first"....first on the ship, first to the Lido, get the first drink of the day, etc

Totally off topic but I just love your user ID here. Reminds me of the MDR and debarkation morning :)

LOL - never heard of anyone boarding the ship before check-in

So much confusion, so many threads already dedicated to this topic.

No, FTTF does NOT allow you to board earlier then when the ship is cleared for boarding. What is does do is move you up in the queue to board earlier, once boarding starts. Maybe Carnival should figure out a way to take your money and allow you to board before the previous cruise folks are off!

Sorry, beer = sarcasm!

Edited by Keys2Heaven

Organized, I think you misunderstood my use of "Firstie". It has nothing to do with a first time cruiser. A firstie is someone that always has to be "first"....first on the ship, first to the Lido, get the first drink of the day, etc
My bad. So many terms to keep track of. Even so, I still think the ones you describe are similar to those who get a kick out of pier runners. Admittedly, I've watched videos of pier runners to see what all the fuss was about. I don't necessarily enjoy it, but I think to myself, hey you had plenty of time to get back, that's on you. But I do feel bad for the ones who totally miss the ship. Especially ones I've seen of parents with their child. That poor kid has to pay the price for their parents' stupidity.

Totally off topic but I just love your user ID here. Reminds me of the MDR and debarkation morning :)
Thank you. It came from my own style of organizational skills. For instance, I store stuff in boxes & totes stacked in the garage or shed. To the "untrained eye," it might look like chaos because there's no rhyme or reason to where each thing is stored, but to me it's perfectly organized because I know right where everything is. So I just started calling it organized chaos. :D

Basically, like this:

If your cruise has a lot of tendered ports, you like to live at guest services, want to be the first in line at the buffet, have your luggage delivered (possibly) earlier, put your stuff in your cabin at 11:00 vs.1:00 p.m. then FTTF might be worth it to you.

No-one wants to "live" at Guest Services, but things CAN come up.

On one cruise years ago on Liberty our cabin was not getting any air-conditioning at all. I had to do a lot of back-and-forth at Guest Services the entire first day before we were finally moved to a room with A/C. We had purchased FTTF and there's no question that the quicker line at Guest Services "saved" that cruise for us...I'd estimate that it saved me at least an hour and maybe 90 minutes of waiting in line there.

Note: although it's possible our FTTF status might have helped us obtain a different room, I'd like to think that Carnival would have treated any guests in a similar predicament the same way....but who knows?

I did have to invoke the Vacation Guarantee and we did have to go all the way up the chain to the Hotel Services Director, but for medical reasons there was no way my sister and I could have handled a hot, sweaty room, especially on an 8-day cruise.

The TL;DR: even though you might not expect to need the priority line at Guest Services, you never know...and FTTF can truly be a cruise-saver.

Hi. Im in a suite as well as purchased FTTF. We will do early walk off. Is it correct from above there is a separate area where FTTF people wait to disembark? We had it in the Breeze last year but wasnt aware of the priority disembarcation.

Thanks.

Hi. Does anyone know about above. Thanks so much!

When I had FTTF for Glory, I don't remember having a separate area. It was a small terminal though. They just made announcements on which groups can board.

Hi. Im in a suite as well as purchased FTTF. We will do early walk off. Is it correct from above there is a separate area where FTTF people wait to disembark? We had it in the Breeze last year but wasnt aware of the priority disembarcation.

Thanks.

Please note that js is asking about debarkation, not embarkation.

Sorry, I don't know the answer myself.

Suite guests do not get early access to their cabin, priority luggage delivery, or the special line at guest services. They do get Priority boarding, dining reservations, tendering, and debarkation.

weirdly enough we booked a suite and had plans to purchase FTTF but it was always sold out. When I printed my documents they actually say Priority and FTTF on my luggage tags. I nor my BF purchased it because it was always sold out. Only thing I can figure is the TA paid for it but I stalked it everyday/all day so I don't even know how she could have done it.

Has this happened to others?

To me it's not worth $70.

Back when it was $49.95, and before Carnival implemented staggered check-in, FTTF wasn't such a bad deal. I'll admit it, I bit the bullet and got FTTF at the increased price for our most recent cruise. However, for our next cruise, I may choose a check-in time of around 12:30 to 1:00 and save the $70.00 for something else.

Thanks.

No, there isn't a separate area for debark. If you're doing early walk-off ("self-assist") you can basically head to the gangway as soon as the ship is cleared for debark; you'd be first to go.

For luggage service, FTTF patrons are automatically issued Zone 1 or Zone 2 luggage tags, and so you'd be among the first to debark after self-assist passengers do.

No, there isn't a separate area for debark. If you're doing early walk-off ("self-assist") you can basically head to the gangway as soon as the ship is cleared for debark

This needs some clarity. Those with FTTF will get a letter in their cabin explaining debarkation options. If the want to self-assist then they in fact do go to a waiting area on deck 3, usually in the dining room nearest the atrium and wait.

Diamond, platinum and then FTTF exit in that order. Some ships have a separate waiting area for all three.