Aft Jr. Suites on Adventure of the Seas

JKrise

DW and I are considering purchasing an aft Jr. Suite onAdventure of the Seas on deck 7. Beforewe hand over a tidy sum of $$$$, one question lingers….Has anyone had anyexperience with the Aft Jr. Suites on AoS, with focus on noise or smokingcoming from the crew deck below inside the superstructure?

(Those who have been on AoS will understandthe superstructure description).

We were in a corner aft (1688) regular balcony a couple doors from the junior suites. I don't recall any issues whatsoever regarding noise or smoke. But of course that's several decks up from the crew area. We're in a corner aft deck 7 on Freedom in 2019. Not worried about smoke or noise.

We have had the aft JS, on 7, several times. You can occasionally smell smoke and/or hear noise. It's not enough to bug us, and I often try to sleep with the balcony door open. The JS's on 10 are a little nicer, and this would be less of a problem if that is an option.

Anyone with experience with the Jr Suites on 10 aft since the Windjammer is directly above?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, did experience some noise from Windjammer but it wasn't too bad. Balcony was huge, but almost cavernous with solid steel walls and ceiling. View was nice, but even on deck 10 the superstructure does obstruct the view somewhat. You can also look down on the balconies on decks 8 and 9 and not directly down to the water. Personally I'd rather take a side JS but that's my opinion.

Love the Aft Balconies. Never had any issue with noise. The deck area is huge! The only downfall to the Aft is the long walk sometimes and the dividers do not open for the Aft parties we like to have.

Right Cigar King?

JoeRum

That right about the dividers...they don't open. The balconies are huge though so that's why we book them. Typically a table and two chairs AND a small table and two lounge chairs. Wonderful for parties. We always have one so if you are on a ship with us, stop by.

• 4 months later...
I don't know that it matters, but, we're in 7692 for a B2B in December.

Looking at changing my cabin from an aft cabin on 9 to 7692/junior suite. Any complaints or problems with the cabin location? I have seen some old reviews talking about the crew break area being able to look into the balcony and smelling smoke. Thanks for any reply.

Anyone with experience with the Jr Suites on 10 aft since the Windjammer is directly above?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been on 10 on both the Liberty and the Navigator in AFT JS, no problems at all. The rooms are nice and large. Liked them very much. The superstructure is always a bit obtrusive, but I would book them again without hesitation. I missed being able to look up at the sky in those cabins, but that is true of a lot of cabins on a lot of ships.

JC

We sail with friends that LOVE the aft rooms, so on our last sailing on the Navigator of the Seas (Adventure sister ship), we booked JS 1694 (deck 10 aft). We have no specific complaints about the room, but have decided we like the side facing JS better - especially the hump area on Voyager/Freedom class. Here are some pros/cons from our personal point of view:

Pros

*HUGE balcony - like massively deep. Full size dining table and chairs along with loungers and small table. Plenty of room to hang a packable hammock if you wanted to bring one.

*Quiet hallway area due to very little foot traffic

*The wake sound is super peaceful and relaxing

*The wake view is nice - even with the superstructure

*Great for entertaining due to the extra space on the balcony

*Can sit on the balcony in a pretty good rain storm without getting wet - due to no wind and the large overhang above you

Cons

*Closet is smaller - not really a walk-in

*It is a connecting cabin to the balcony cabin beside it

*Very little airflow and no sunshine on the balcony (could be a plus or minus depending on what you like).

*View isn't that great with the superstructure - outward, downward or upward.

*Long walk if you want to pick up or drop something off in the cabin on a whim.

*Balcony dividers don't open if you have family/friends in a cabin beside you.

We would book one again, without worry, but would not go out of our way to seek one out and would not pay more for it than a side facing JS. Since the recategorization of the JS into two categories, many of the aft JS got put into the J3 category with a higher cost.

I think an aft corner room would be great - JS or otherwise. Gives you the best of both worlds. On ships without the superstructure, we may have a different opinion too. We have no experience there - yet.

-edited to add- We sail the Adventure in a few weeks and opted for one of the two center hump JS. So far that is really our favorite location.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

• 9 months later...