I Figured Out Where Chair Hogs Disappear To On Port Days

I was a little slow to figure this out, but now I know where chair hogs go on port days after they plop down a towel, a flip flop, and an old paperback on a prime lounger early in the morning,

They sit in the back of excursion buses and talk loudly right through the narration.:eek:

:D:D

We had that happen to us in Victoria. Three young ladies were nattering back and forth in the back of the bus. I turned around and told them to be quit and suggested they text each other instead so the rest of the bus could hear the narration. To my surprise they actually started texting.

:D:D

We had that happen to us in Victoria. Three young ladies were nattering back and forth in the back of the bus. I turned around and told them to be quit and suggested they text each other instead so the rest of the bus could hear the narration. To my surprise they actually started texting.

Who do you think they were texting about? :D

They also make everyone on the bus wait for 20 minutes after the all back on the bus time while they finish their ice cream. Grrrrr.

Had this happen in St. Maarten and caused us to miss seeing the big plane at Maho. We were furious.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Who do you think they were texting about? :D

Who cares? I hate when people talk over a tour leader. I also hate when people talk over the Captain's noon report and then are surprised when seas are high or it rains.

I was a little slow to figure this out, but now I know where chair hogs go on port days after they plop down a towel, a flip flop, and an old paperback on a prime lounger early in the morning,

They sit in the back of excursion buses and talk loudly right through the narration.:eek:

Yes and spoil it for excursion passengers as well as people who can't get a lounger​ because they hogged it.

43 cruises and counting.

They also make everyone on the bus wait for 20 minutes after the all back on the bus time while they finish their ice cream. Grrrrr.

Wow some great, funny but probably true posts on this thread.lol lol.

43 cruises and counting.

You mean they actually leave the ship and do not reserve a deck chair;)!

Actually, some of the do reserve their chairs. A couple on our Radiance cruise had the same two chairs reserved in the Solarium every day, even on port days. Their towels were clipped to the chairs each day, for the entire day.

We were returning from port one day and rode up in the elevator with them. They had obviously been off the ship shopping. We went straight to the Solarium and the towels were there. We had been there for over an hour before the couple showed up.:D

Sherri:)

Actually, some of the do reserve their chairs. A couple on our Radiance cruise had the same two chairs reserved in the Solarium every day, even on port days. Their towels were clipped to the chairs each day, for the entire day.

We were returning from port one day and rode up in the elevator with them. They had obviously been off the ship shopping. We went straight to the Solarium and the towels were there. We had been there for over an hour before the couple showed up.:D

Aha! Even though I posted this in jest, you just confirmed what I have long suspected. Why doesn't RCCL keep tract of such an outright violation of other passengers right to use a deck chair? To not even be on the ship for hours and yet tie up several deck chairs is just overdoing it and very, very inconsiderable.:(

MARAPRINCE

Aha! Even though I posted this in jest, you just confirmed what I have long suspected. Why doesn't RCCL keep tract of such an outright violation of other passengers right to use a deck chair? To not even be on the ship for hours and yet tie up several deck chairs is just overdoing it and very, very inconsiderable.:(

MARAPRINCE

The funny thing is I've seen this couple on at least two cruises since and they somehow manage to save their two seats in the Solarium every time.!:D It is extremely inconsiderate but I believe they are top tier cruisers so perhaps that is why the pool attendants ignore it?;)

I have to admit that I've done that a few times. My bad; well not really. After looking around for about 1/2 hour, I had the attendant remove them for me. The guests were "pissed" but I said that the steward removed their 4 hour seating reservations. Oh well.