water

Is it worth buying the expensive water they offer, I looked and its like 39 dollars for 12 liters (not a lot of water for 2 people) PLUS 18% gratuity, is it safe to drink the water from the cabin? Really not much of soda drinker mainly water or Crystal lite mix(which I will bring). This is for Adventure of the Seas

Is it worth buying the expensive water they offer, I looked and its like 39 dollars for 12 liters (not a lot of water for 2 people) PLUS 18% gratuity, is it safe to drink the water from the cabin? Really not much of soda drinker mainly water or Crystal lite mix(which I will bring). This is for Adventure of the Seas

My wife has problems with ankle swelling when she drinks the ship's water, so we usually bring on a case of water. I would not mind purchasing water from the ship if it was only 2X retail, but at Royal's absurd prices, I'll continue to carry it on.

There is water available in the Cafe Promenade. In addition to water, the Windjammer also has Iced Tea, Lemonade, Fruit Punch, and assorted flavored waters that are similar to Crystal Light (I love the Tropical Mango). I bring an insulated travel mug from home to fill up and carry around the ship, or bring back to the cabin.

In general, you can usually carry on a reasonable quantity of bottled water. (The official rules say that you can't, but it is very rarely enforced except during spring break_

We buy 2 cases for my wife and I. Works out to about $3.50 per liter. Expensive? Sure. But in the grand scheme of things it isn't such a big deal. Saves having to lug it on board, works out to 2 liters per person per day. For me it's worth it. Each person needs to decide on the value for themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife has problems with ankle swelling when she drinks the ship's water, so we usually bring on a case of water. I would not mind purchasing water from the ship if it was only 2X retail, but at Royal's absurd prices, I'll continue to carry it on.

It's not really overpriced. Retail for the Evian bottles is around $12 six bottles, $3.50 each bought separately. Anything else on a cruise ship is priced at a higher profit...

It's not really overpriced. Retail for the Evian bottles is around $12 six bottles, $3.50 each bought separately. Anything else on a cruise ship is priced at a higher profit...

I don't buy Evian. I buy 16L (32 500ml bottles) of spring water for $4.

The bar water and the sink water are both the same water. All water on the ship is filtered before being used. You are even using filtered water in your shower!

"No need to lug a case of water with you when you go cruising. The tap water on cruise ships is completely safe and drinkable, having been through rigorous filtration and testing, all of which are overseen by U.S. and European heath agencies. While some cruisers claim that the tap water in restaurants and bars tastes different from what comes out of the cabin bathroom, it is all, in fact, the same water." - http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1475

How do you bring water on board; RCCL told us you could not?

RCCL told you the official rules. But in reality, they don't usually enforce this rule at the pier. We've put a 6-pack of bottled water in our carry-on, and we've slapped a luggage tag on a case and checked it with our luggage. Make sure the bottles are sealed, and it is best if you leave the shrink-wrap on. They are mostly concerned with people pouring out the water and using the bottles to smuggle alcohol, so leave your case of water untampered. The rule is more likely to be enforced around spring break time.

How do you bring water on board; RCCL told us you could not?

Rumrunners.......

[emoji23] Sorry! Couldn't resist. You are indeed getting the official response but many here have successfully brought water aboard without problems.

"Bottled" water is the biggest scam ever. The water on the ship is the same stuff as in the bottles. It's fine. The food, beverages and ice are all made with ship's water. Probably cleaner and purer than most "bottled" brands...and it's INCLUDED in your fare, with no plastic waste! Win-win!

The bar water and the sink water are both the same water. All water on the ship is filtered before being used. You are even using filtered water in your shower!

"No need to lug a case of water with you when you go cruising. The tap water on cruise ships is completely safe and drinkable, having been through rigorous filtration and testing, all of which are overseen by U.S. and European heath agencies. While some cruisers claim that the tap water in restaurants and bars tastes different from what comes out of the cabin bathroom, it is all, in fact, the same water." - http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1475

The same people who said that water in Flint Michigan was safe....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The same people who said that water in Flint Michigan was safe....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Actually the Flint water was safe, they didn't add corrosive inhibitors to the water which would have prevented the old lead pipes in peoples houses from leaching lead. Newer homes don't have lead pipes, never had issues...

RCCL told you the official rules. But in reality, they don't usually enforce this rule at the pier. We've put a 6-pack of bottled water in our carry-on, and we've slapped a luggage tag on a case and checked it with our luggage. Make sure the bottles are sealed, and it is best if you leave the shrink-wrap on. They are mostly concerned with people pouring out the water and using the bottles to smuggle alcohol, so leave your case of water untampered. The rule is more likely to be enforced around spring break time.

Thank you and happy cruising!