Dinning Availabltity

Doing the kids

Last cruise a steak, maybe flat iron, was offered nearly every day. Lobster was offered second elegant night. Also prime rib at some point. If there was Beef Wellington it was on a night we ate elsewhere.

Every cruise I have been on the Lobster is on the first elegant night not the second.

Last cruise a steak, maybe flat iron, was offered nearly every day. Lobster was offered second elegant night. Also prime rib at some point. If there was Beef Wellington it was on a night we ate elsewhere.

What ship did you have Beef Wellington on? I have wanted to try that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After reading that the main dining room now offer steak House selections, doe's that mean no steak or lobster will be offered on the main dining room menu? Would be pissed!

Steakhouse selections have been on the Menu for over 2 years that I know of and Steak and Lobster are still offered as a free selection too. Kind of a negative attitude, don't ya think? Your name should be Chicken Little.

What ship did you have Beef Wellington on? I have wanted to try that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our HI cruise had it two nights, prepared differently. One was cut from a large roast. The other was served as an individually cooked entree, the puff pastry formed a 'nest' around the mushrooms and beef.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

People seem to be making much more big of a deal over the steakhouse selections than should be made. It's simply an option they are offering if you choose to purchase a meal from the steakhouse without actually going there. It doesn't really affect the rest of the menu.

People seem to be making much more big of a deal over the steakhouse selections than should be made. It's simply an option they are offering if you choose to purchase a meal from the steakhouse without actually going there. It doesn't really affect the rest of the menu.

I agree.

As I have done both (ordered a steak from the steakhouse selections in the MDR & go to the Steakhouse), they are both fine added experiences that I think are well worth the price, I don't believe they are there to replace choices of entrees on the MDR menu. Just more choices for cruisers to pick from.

Frankly, I find the steaks (flat iron) in the MDR not that high of quality and an extra $20 for the Steakhouse selections once in a while a real bargain.

On the other hand, the Steakhouse itself, for only $35/person more, is a very good bargain for the quality of courses, service and ambiance, especially the cheesecake:p:p:p.

I agree.

As I have done both (ordered a steak from the steakhouse selections in the MDR & go to the Steakhouse), they are both fine added experiences that I think are well worth the price, I don't believe they are there to replace choices of entrees on the MDR menu. Just more choices for cruisers to pick from.

Frankly, I find the steaks (flat iron) in the MDR not that high of quality and an extra $20 for the Steakhouse selections once in a while a real bargain.

On the other hand, the Steakhouse itself, for only $35/person more, is a very good bargin for the quality of courses, service and ambiance, especially the cheesecake:p:p:p.

Ewwww, the cheesecake? I saw so many people say it was super and what I had on Vista was absolutely disgusting. It was not New York Cheesecake. It had a chocolate crust and stupid coconut in it! Nowhere on the menu did it mention coconut. I almost got sick as I was picking the strands out of my teeth. I just got shivers down my spine thinking about it right now. Bleh! :fever:

Steakhouse selections have been on the Menu for over 2 years that I know of and Steak and Lobster are still offered as a free selection too. Kind of a negative attitude, don't ya think? Your name should be Chicken Little.

OK, Thanks.Last time I cruised, the carnival pride was on it way to getting refurbished. I only looked recently, because I'm sailing again.The last 2years held no importants for me.This forum is good for updating yourself. I wouldn't dream of name calling you .. But if I did, I'd rename you bad taste.

Ewwww, the cheesecake? I saw so many people say it was super and what I had on Vista was absolutely disgusting. It was not New York Cheesecake. It had a chocolate crust and stupid coconut in it! Nowhere on the menu did it mention coconut. I almost got sick as I was picking the strands out of my teeth. I just got shivers down my spine thinking about it right now. Bleh! :fever:

I don't believe that the steakhouse cheesecake is described anywhere as "NY cheesecake." There are all different styles of cheesecake. I rather like it and I've had it several times. I can't honestly say I ever tasted coconut.

I don't believe that the steakhouse cheesecake is described anywhere as "NY cheesecake." There are all different styles of cheesecake. I rather like it and I've had it several times. I can't honestly say I ever tasted coconut.

I know it doesn't say NY Cheescake. It just says cheesecake. And it most definitely had coconut as evidenced by the strings of it. There is no mistaking the texture of coconut. At least not for me.

It may be different on different ships. All I can attest to is that I was sadly disappointed in it on Vista. I saved extra room for it and got that awful slice of yuckyness.

ac35a6173499df188b93d697bc81649e.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

I agree.

Frankly, I find the steaks (flat iron) in the MDR not that high of quality and an extra $20 for the Steakhouse selections once in a while a real bargain.d I was hoping that it was an added option.

On the other hand, the Steakhouse itself, for only $35/person more, is a very good bargain for the quality of courses, service and ambiance, especially the cheesecake:p:p:p.

That answers the real question. More options or not.Was thinking great, wouldn't have to take my grandson up to the steak House,then I also want to go to the Brazilian steakhouse soon after, so why go here? Then it lead me to ask my question. I love conversation, but wish for once in my life that I had gotten a yes or no answer.

Gotta ask. Basic steak and frozen lobster tails are readily available at your local supermarket. Why is it a big deal on a cruise?

Personally, lobster is ALWAYS a big deal! I will eat it any and every time It's available [emoji39]

Well I wasn't expecting coconut that's for sure!

If it had pineapple topping, it would then be a Pina colada cheesecake. But seriously, I hate coconut and that would be a major turnoff. The desserts are the only bad thing about the steakhouse besides the elimination of the porterhouse steak. I usually just end things with a scoop of the homemade ice cream. The chocolate monstrosity is overkill... I know that's blasphemy to some people on here. [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app