All Inclusive Drinks.

suzannecorreia

Will be traveling in September on the Royal Princess and was wondering if both of us in the cabin have to buy the all inclusive package. My Partner is a drinker but i may only have one or two drinks on an evening so not sure that it would be worth it for both of us. Any help greatful.....:*

Princess allows one person to buy the package. Of course, you are not supposed to 'share'.

Many other lines require all persons in the same room (and even in different rooms with linked bookings) to buy their version.

EDIT: The package allows you to buy wine (under $100) at 40% off by the bottle in the MDR/specialty restaurants and share it. So, you could go to Share and share. :confused:

Edited by Bill B

Thanks for the answers, we don't want to share it to be honest as i may just have a glass or two of wine with dinner every now and again. We was just unsure if we both had to have it as for me it wouldn't be worth buying but for my partner who likes to drink during the day and on an evening including brandy after dinner we thought it would be worth his while. Thanks again for your honest answers

Princess allows one person to buy the package. Of course, you are not supposed to 'share'.

Many other lines require all persons in the same room (and even in different rooms with linked bookings) to buy their version.

EDIT: The package allows you to buy wine (under $100) at 40% off by the bottle in the MDR/specialty restaurants and share it. So, you could go to Share and share. :confused:

So if he bought the all inclusive drinks and we got a bottle of wine at dinner is that ok for me to have a glass instead of me having to buy my own glass. Wouldn't want to get kicked of the cruise for breaking rules....:')

So if he bought the all inclusive drinks and we got a bottle of wine at dinner is that ok for me to have a glass instead of me having to buy my own glass. Wouldn't want to get kicked of the cruise for breaking rules....:')

You can do that. It's not breaking the rules.

Thanks for the answers, we don't want to share it to be honest as i may just have a glass or two of wine with dinner every now and again. We was just unsure if we both had to have it as for me it wouldn't be worth buying but for my partner who likes to drink during the day and on an evening including brandy after dinner we thought it would be worth his while. Thanks again for your honest answers

The AIBP includes all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages that are menu priced at $10 or under. While this is almost all drinks on the ship there are some that are priced over $10. Some cognacs are over $10, some are not. If you order a drink that is priced over $10 you get charged the full price, not the difference.

That's the best way to do it.

Get the bottle of wine @ 40% off with the AIBP and your partner can drink the wine. :)

Yes you can and it is not breaking the rules. And, if you have a glass or two per night, they can always hold the bottle in the back for you for another dinner. Or ... you can take it back to your room and have a glass while getting ready or even take it to a lounge in the evening.

You are always welcome to bring your own wine onboard as well. You will be limited to 1 bottle per person up to 2 bottles per cabin without corkage but would be expected to drink that in your cabin. Any bottles brought onboard beyond that 2 bottle limit will incur a $15 corkage fee that will be charged to your shipboard account and they will put a sticker on the bottle. You can always take that bottle to dinner or even to a bar since you've already paid the corkage on it ... they will provide the glasses for you upon seeing the sticker.

Also, depending on the length of your cruise, you may be able to purchase one wine bottle package and the one beverage package. I believe these packages come in Gold or Silver and the prices of wines you may choose are up to a certain amount under each package. I think the cruise has to be at least 10 days, though. There are also a couple of BOGO events available each day ... buy one drink and get the second one of the same drink for $1. Since the afternoon one gets very crowded, they do allow you to take these to go.

Many options are available to you to save a little money ... you just have to see which one works out the best for you.

Purchase one AIBP for him. Have him purchase the wine at the discount. Have your one or two glasses at dinner. Princess will gladly save the rest of the bottle for you and serve it to you the next night or whenever. They will bring it to you wherever you are dining so if you purchase it in MDR and the next night dine in Crown Grill or Sabatini's just let them know you have a bottle of wine and it will appear at your table.

Purchase one AIBP for him. Have him purchase the wine at the discount. Have your one or two glasses at dinner. Princess will gladly save the rest of the bottle for you and serve it to you the next night or whenever. They will bring it to you wherever you are dining so if you purchase it in MDR and the next night dine in Crown Grill or Sabatini's just let them know you have a bottle of wine and it will appear at your table.

He doesn't need to drink any wine from the 40%-off bottle. You can drink from the bottle over as many meals as it takes you to finish it. After purchasing the bottle at 40% off for you, he can order his wine by the glass (included at no extra charge in the AIBP).

He doesn't need to drink any wine from the 40%-off bottle. You can drink from the bottle over as many meals as it takes you to finish it. After purchasing the bottle at 40% off for you, he can order his wine by the glass (included at no extra charge in the AIBP).

That is how I would handle it with one small exception. I would get a glass of better wine from Vines and take it to dinner with me. Just tell them you are taking it elsewhere and they will put it in a different glass. (They don't want their nice glasses walking off from the venue.) Much better selection than the "by the glass" wines in MDR. :)

That is how I would handle it with one small exception. I would get a glass of better wine from Vines and take it to dinner with me. Just tell them you are taking it elsewhere and they will put it in a different glass. (They don't want their nice glasses walking off from the venue.) Much better selection than the "by the glass" wines in MDR. :)

I agree. On my last cruise I did that every evening. Since we usually ate during the busiest time at the MDR, we usually had to wait. I checked in at the MDR and got a buzzer and then went to Vines to wait. Sometimes they started with the other glasses when they saw we had MDR buzzers. Other times they gave us their "good" glasses and then changed the glasses when the buzzer went off - topping of the glasses as they did so. DW and I both had AIBP (through Sip & Sail), so we both carried full glasses in to the MDR.

He can also purchase a 50%-off bottle at any bar for you. Once he purchases the bottle, you can carry it with you to another location or the waiter or bartender will go get it. You can drink it anywhere on the ship.

I agree. On my last cruise I did that every evening. Since we usually ate during the busiest time at the MDR, we usually had to wait. I checked in at the MDR and got a buzzer and then went to Vines to wait. Sometimes they started with the other glasses when they saw we had MDR buzzers. Other times they gave us their "good" glasses and then changed the glasses when the buzzer went off - topping of the glasses as they did so. DW and I both had AIBP (through Sip & Sail), so we both carried full glasses in to the MDR.

He can also purchase a 50%-off bottle at any bar for you. Once he purchases the bottle, you can carry it with you to another location or the waiter or bartender will go get it. You can drink it anywhere on the ship.

Can the all inclusive drinks be bought on the first day of joining or must it be purchased before hand on the princess site. Thanks Again

Can the all inclusive drinks be bought on the first day of joining or must it be purchased before hand on the princess site. Thanks Again

You may purchase the AIBP onboard on the first day if you wish. According to other posters on Cruise Critic, if you purchase it on the second day the cost is not prorated and it does not cover drinks you purchased before you bought it.

I'm not the best one to answer this question because I've never purchased it onboard. I'm just quoting posters on other threads.