MITSUGIRLY decides to CONQUEST new ports-complete pictorial review

mitsugirly

I will definitely give it a shot.

You should be able to transfer photos since the camera does have wifi. I have never personally used it before (or the GPS) and I'm not too tech savvy and have no idea what purpose I would need for these features personally. But, I would say you would be able to find out how to do it via the instruction booklet that comes with it or searching online or youtube I would think.

Thank you again for the info. I wanted to show you what my hubby bought me for my birthday last week!

e57f70073125da281ff379cb1b1fcb05.jpg

I'm just a little bit excited!! [emoji7][emoji1] He had to wait because the Tough TG-5 had not released but he couldn't find the TG-4 available anywhere. I would've been fine with the TG-4 but I'm excited about this little guy, too. Now to figure it out before we set sail next month! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Done :)

edit...it's being rejected

Just saw that you tried and failed.

I'll give it again...maybe it will work.

janet katz nj @verizon.net again, no spaces in my name.

I'm trying to reach you about Sam's shop. Boy #2 wants a new longboard for his birthday (which just passed). I'd love to see what he thinks of the potential options and maybe he has a better selection or idea for him.

Edit: I also think I sent you a friend request on FB. Not sure how often you are on there.

I'm trying to reach you about Sam's shop. Boy #2 wants a new longboard for his birthday (which just passed). I'd love to see what he thinks of the potential options and maybe he has a better selection or idea for him.

Edit: I also think I sent you a friend request on FB. Not sure how often you are on there.

I believe she is on vacation now too....so she should be back soon

Great trip report! Spent the last 2 days reading your report and really enjoyed it; recently had surgery, taking it easy per MD's orders. We just booked the Conquest for March 2019 with our dear friends. I have only been on one cruise prior, as an adult, and that was the Disney Wonder just over 3 years ago. It was fabulous all around. My only complaint would be there was zero nightlife; the ship was a ghost town after midnight. The Conquest will be DH's first cruise. I cannot believe I finally have him talked into one.

Have you been to Princess Cays? We have the same itinerary except we go there instead of the Dominican.

Sad to read about the lack of off hour food choices but yay for losing weight.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you again for the info. I wanted to show you what my hubby bought me for my birthday last week!

e57f70073125da281ff379cb1b1fcb05.jpg

I'm just a little bit excited!! [emoji7][emoji1] He had to wait because the Tough TG-5 had not released but he couldn't find the TG-4 available anywhere. I would've been fine with the TG-4 but I'm excited about this little guy, too. Now to figure it out before we set sail next month! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm jumping up and down for you in excitement! I hope you have a wonderful cruise and a great time figuring out your camera and taking awesome pictures!

I just tried again. We'll see if it works. I check fb daily. I looked for someone named Janet and don't see a request on there. :confused:

Great trip report! Spent the last 2 days reading your report and really enjoyed it; recently had surgery, taking it easy per MD's orders. We just booked the Conquest for March 2019 with our dear friends. I have only been on one cruise prior, as an adult, and that was the Disney Wonder just over 3 years ago. It was fabulous all around. My only complaint would be there was zero nightlife; the ship was a ghost town after midnight. The Conquest will be DH's first cruise. I cannot believe I finally have him talked into one.

Have you been to Princess Cays? We have the same itinerary except we go there instead of the Dominican.

Sad to read about the lack of off hour food choices but yay for losing weight.

Hello. I hope you have a wonderful time on the Conquest. No, I have not been to Princess Cays (only the places listed in my signature line and on this trip report).

Yea, I was a little excited I lost weight this time around. It will be a first for me! :D I just returned from 10 days in Aruba and managed to shed 8 pounds there (not from lack of food but from busy super busy the entire time!) and another 3 since I've been home. I'm thinking I need more active vacations in my life! :p

Did you take a land vacay Kim? I've been trying to look for a recent review as I know you cruise so often and I get to live vicariously through you as I read them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Yep. We went to Aruba for 10 days and it was amazing! I'm on the Aruba boards doing pretty much picture reviews (not full reviews like I do over here because their picture space is limited). :)

Yep. We went to Aruba for 10 days and it was amazing! I'm on the Aruba boards doing pretty much picture reviews (not full reviews like I do over here because their picture space is limited). :)

Where do I find your Aruba Stuff???. Our Favorite Land based vacation

Where do I find your Aruba Stuff???. Our Favorite Land based vacation

Over on the Aruba forum. They are really small reviews with links to pictures. The board over there is not quite like this one so that's how I had to do it.

You still cruisin on Nov 11th .. this the wife's b/day ,,, and your hubbies as well believe ,,, :cool:

it is veterans day on the 11th ,,

Absolutely. :D

Hi all!

Mitsugirly - looking forward to your review of Aruba. Did you see any turquoise lizards there?

How did you like a land vacation instead of a cruise?

Which ship are you on in Nov please? I was hoping you'd be on Escape in Oct. I'm doing it followed by Conquest & can't wait!

Jo

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app

Hi all!

Mitsugirly - looking forward to your review of Aruba. Did you see any turquoise lizards there?

How did you like a land vacation instead of a cruise?

Which ship are you on in Nov please? I was hoping you'd be on Escape in Oct. I'm doing it followed by Conquest & can't wait!

Jo

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app

My Aruba review is over on the Aruba boards. However, I'm going to post a few things on our Aruba board when I can get to it with the links to my pictures (for those going to Aruba as a port).

Yes, there were TONS of the blue lizards everywhere. Sakari was able to get really close to them and get some good pictures. She was the lizard and iguana whisperer. Me...they run like heck. :D

We absolutely LOVED the land vacation. It's so different when you are there for an extended amount of time and can go to all the beaches and attractions during the entire visit and not have to worry about getting back to a ship at a certain time. You truly are on "island time". We will probably do this once a year if possible.

We decided to do the Magic this time around. We will be going back to places we have visited many times, but haven't been for a few years now (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Roatan). :)

***All pictures taken by Sakari***

P8010118-L.jpg

P8010119-L.jpg

P8030266-L.jpg

P8030279-L.jpg

Hi. Can't seem to locate your review on the other forum but maybe I am on the wrong site. What was it titled or what is your user name there? Would love to read it. I am glad you took a chance on a land trip. I am sure Sakari loved the extended beach time. I am a mermaid at heart too.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Forums mobile app

Hi. Can't seem to locate your review on the other forum but maybe I am on the wrong site. What was it titled or what is your user name there? Would love to read it. I am glad you took a chance on a land trip. I am sure Sakari loved the extended beach time. I am a mermaid at heart too.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Forums mobile app

User name over there is AudiaS4

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ thanks so much for your prompt response & beautiful pictures. Sakari did a great job!(y)

I did a private tour on Grand Cayman once to see blue Iguanas but they were nowhere near as beautiful as these are.

My Escape cruise is going to those same ports, only Harvest Caye will be new for me this cruise.

We did a land trip to Panama in Feb. but since we are not beach/water people there was limited things to do so I decided there & then cruising is best for me. Also it was just too darned hot for me!

Looking forward to learning more about your Aruba vacation, thanks for the link.

~ Jo ~ :)

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ thanks so much for your prompt response & beautiful pictures. Sakari did a great job!(y)

I did a private tour on Grand Cayman once to see blue Iguanas but they were nowhere near as beautiful as these are.

My Escape cruise is going to those same ports, only Harvest Caye will be new for me this cruise.

We did a land trip to Panama in Feb. but since we are not beach/water people there was limited things to do so I decided there & then cruising is best for me. Also it was just too darned hot for me!

Looking forward to learning more about your Aruba vacation, thanks for the link.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hello there "already retired". :D

These Aruban lizards were amazing! Sakari did a great job on taking pictures. She may take over my job one day.

Thanks for the link, Kim, I just checked it out and the pictures are great.:):)

Heather

No problem

Hey Kim!!! I see that your next cruise is on the Magic. Great minds must think alike since we will also be on the Magic next, but unfortunately not at the same time. We will be on her for a B2B in October. Looking forward to reading another awesome Mitsugirly review!! Take care and cruise on!!! :D

Hey Kim!!! I see that your next cruise is on the Magic. Great minds must think alike since we will also be on the Magic next, but unfortunately not at the same time. We will be on her for a B2B in October. Looking forward to reading another awesome Mitsugirly review!! Take care and cruise on!!! :D

Well hello there! Glad you will be on the Magic before me...that way I get to read yours first. :D Have a great cruise.