Escape? Love RCCL Big ships. Will I like?

Kathie13

D+ on RCCL, but running out of ships. Need a change!! Celebrity too quiet!! Tell me about Escape. I have been on 2 celebrity & 2 carnival. Not our cup of tea. We were on Norway many years ago. We love the entertainment on Royal. What shows can we expect on Escape? Or is there another Ncl we should look into? Thanks so much. We are in our 60s and travel with our 40 year old son. Son wants slides.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

D+ on RCCL, but running out of ships. Need a change!! Celebrity too quiet!! Tell me about Escape. I have been on 2 celebrity & 2 carnival. Not our cup of tea. We were on Norway many years ago. We love the entertainment on Royal. What shows can we expect on Escape? Or is there another Ncl we should look into? Thanks so much. We are in our 60s and travel with our 40 year old son. Son wants slides.

I've never been on RCCL but it sounds like the Escape has everything you are looking for.

My one and only cruise was last October on the Escape. The ship was bigger than I personally wanted, but the Waterfront, bars/restaurants and general decor of the ship were perfect so we booked it. Crew were all friendly and helpful. I do think I'd prefer a smaller ship but I'm still not willing to give up the Waterfront Space...it was heaven. And after the first 2 days crowds smoothed out. Except by The pool. Never by the pool. Way too small. The slides were fun and DH loved the racer. He went several times. Enjoyed every meal. Mini suite was well appointed and comfy. We enjoyed our cruise. It won't be our last!

Thanks Mistizoom and TenForward. I have another ? DH & I are in our 60's and son is in his 40's. Are we too old for this ship? I use a scooter at times but we do like to party and go to shows. TIA

Thanks Mistizoom and TenForward. I have another ? DH & I are in our 60's and son is in his 40's. Are we too old for this ship? I use a scooter at times but we do like to party and go to shows. TIA

There is no age limit on NCL :D Sounds like you would be a perfect fit for the ship. Just realize that the dining is different, its all anytime dining except for the specialty restaurants. Being that this ship is big you will have to plan and reserve your shows and dining 90 days prior to sailing. The shows will be one broadway show and it will rotate with something else. There is dueling pianos, comedy and other venues for music.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

There is no age limit on NCL :D Sounds like you would be a perfect fit for the ship. Just realize that the dining is different, its all anytime dining except for the specialty restaurants. Being that this ship is big you will have to plan and reserve your shows and dining 90 days prior to sailing. The shows will be one broadway show and it will rotate with something else. There is dueling pianos, comedy and other venues for music.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much! Kathie

T Just realize that the dining is different, its all anytime dining except for the specialty restaurants.

Been on the Escape 2 times within the last six months. They do have two MDR seatings that are not anytime dining. Unless they changed it since Dec 2016.

I don't think you will like the Escape. I think you will LOVE it.

Seriously, give it a shot. It's a great ship. I've enjoyed all of our RCI cruises on the Oasis, Quantum, Freedom and Voyager class ships but the Escape is my favorite.

I would recommend you read everything you can about the ship and NCL as a cruise line. You can also check out ship tours and videos on YouTube.

We are going for the first time this summer and I can't wait!

We just got off the Escape a week ago and I already booked her again for Thanksgiving.

As far as your age, I do not think it would matter unless you don't want to have a lot of children around. If that is the case, I would avoid holiday travel time. Personally, I loved the slides (I'm 47) and thought they were a blast.

In relation to mobility issues, make sure you book a cabin that is disabled.

Been on the Escape 2 times within the last six months. They do have two MDR seatings that are not anytime dining. Unless they changed it since Dec 2016.

NCL does NOT have any scheduled MDR seating. It is all freestyle. You can make a reservation if you want, but otherwise you just show up when it is convenient for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We generally sail Celebrity and we love their Solstice Class ships. (We are Elite + on X and Diamond on Royal.) But a couple of years ago I wanted to take a cruise in September and X doesn't sail out of Florida then. We went on Getaway and absolutely loved it and then subsequently the next year sailed on Escape. I really, really, loved the Waterfront area. I want to look at the sea but I don't want to be in the sun; the Waterfront was perfect. Nice comfy chairs and sofas and tables and out of the sun or rain (or passing window washing equipment.)

We loved that a MDR was open for lunch on embarkation day. We loved that there were three MDRs and two of them feel like specialty restaurants in decor and size. The large MDR has music and a dance floor. We loved having a coffee machine in the cabin. We loved the fact that cell phone chargers are on the bedside lamps. We liked the light arrangements where you could flick a switch to tell your cabin steward you'd like your room done. No flimsy cards.

We loved experiencing some different menus and shows. We loved that you can get a cooked to order hamburger 24/7 at O'Sheehans. You can't get that at Johnny Rockets (and there is a cover charge) and Celebrity's Mast Grill closes at 6 pm.

Asctony,Yorkvillain, tonit964,UGLaw,poop_Deck, and especially Helen Haywood,

THANK YOU ALL!!!!! We are going to book this weekend!!! We will try and get a disabled cabin and maybe even book TWO. On RCCL we would get a suite so we could get free drinks all day in the suite lounge!! But on Ncl we will get the free beverage pkg for 2. Son does not drink alcohol. Win win!! So we will probably be able to get in 2 cruises a year!!

Thanks again to all!!

Sorry, I am wrong. Been on too many cruise this past year. Was thinking of MSC. We loved the Escape even when we do other cruise lines. You will love the Escape.

Again, sorry.

Spice H20 on the Epic is a perfect adults only venue. It has a pool, hot tubs, bars that serve food.

Do you know when they serve food back there? Spent a lot of time at Spice H2O on both Getaway and Epic, saw the food serving station but never actually saw any food. Not a disappointment or complaint, these ships certainly aren't lacking for food options :)