MSC changed room after booking?

JPMoore

Update: Just received an email to say that our cabin has been reverted to the original one booked. Surprised and delighted as there has been no communication giving the reason why this happened in the first place. Hopefully that cabin now stays locked in. :)

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

So glad to hear that this has been resolved for you. Your persistence has paid off! Makes you wonder why you were moved in the first place, though, if the cabin was still available to be returned to you. :confused:

Update: Just received an email to say that our cabin has been reverted to the original one booked. Surprised and delighted as there has been no communication giving the reason why this happened in the first place. Hopefully that cabin now stays locked in. :)

Glad to hear! Strange that for both of us they just returned our original cabins. Makes me wonder if two other cruisers are now in the same position as we were... :confused:

Glad to hear! Strange that for both of us they just returned our original cabins. Makes me wonder if two other cruisers are now in the same position as we were... :confused:

I think you're probably right, but they shouldn't have taken them off us in the first place, then nobody would be in this position. Absolute madness.

Hi Sue ... Good to hear you got the original cabin back, clearly the word got through ... :D

I think it did :) Would rather not have to do battle with them though. Now if our cabins just stay the same for both booked cruises, we'll be happy bunnies. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going on MSC Preziosa in October and had originally booked an inside cabin with fantastica. Cabin number was 11111 (yes, I picked it for the number!)

I've just checked my booking and found out my cabin has been upgrade to an ocean view (5064) but my experience has been downgraded to bella.

Not sure what to do as I'm happy with the upgraded cabin, but I definitely want to be on fantastica.

Any suggestions?

I'm going on MSC Preziosa in October and had originally booked an inside cabin with fantastica. Cabin number was 11111 (yes, I picked it for the number!)

I've just checked my booking and found out my cabin has been upgrade to an ocean view (5064) but my experience has been downgraded to bella.

Not sure what to do as I'm happy with the upgraded cabin, but I definitely want to be on fantastica.

Any suggestions?

Oh no, what on earth are they playing at? It seems they are just choosing your cruise for you, instead of providing what you want. I presumably you chose Fantastica for a reason? First port of call will be to speak to your travel agent or ring MSC directly.

Oh no, what on earth are they playing at? It seems they are just choosing your cruise for you, instead of providing what you want. I presumably you chose Fantastica for a reason? First port of call will be to speak to your travel agent or ring MSC directly.

Yes, I like the guarantee of a table in the MDR! I've just called MSC and they have confirmed that I will keep my fantastica benefits so ignore the fact that it is a bella cabin. It's a complimentary upgrade to an ocean view apparently. Not sure why, but the same thing has happened to my parents.

Yes, I like the guarantee of a table in the MDR! I've just called MSC and they have confirmed that I will keep my fantastica benefits so ignore the fact that it is a bella cabin. It's a complimentary upgrade to an ocean view apparently. Not sure why, but the same thing has happened to my parents.

That's good news.

Just checked their T&Cs and this is what they say............

Cabin Numbers and Other Preferences

Specific cabin numbers, decks, dining arrangements or bed types can be requested at the time of booking. However, these arrangements cannot always be guaranteed. When a complimentary upgrade is offered, our guests will benefit from the higher category cabin, and continue to receive the experience benefits booked (precruise or on-board).