MSC changed room after booking?

JPMoore

AceDoc ... Keep us updated please, it appears this is happening far more frequent than we have heard about previously. Add those we don't know about and it could be on a larger scale.

I assume your cabin(s) are on deck nine? What is your sail date? There seem to be plenty of Fantastica Suites available on other decks on March sailings, I'm surprised they didn't move you to another one that would hold three or four people. Did you ask about that possibility? Perhaps MSC thought they were upgrading you for the inconvenience. It will be unfortunate if all Fantastica suites suddenly wont hold three or four.

Yes, deck 9, 3/24/18 sailing. I just wanted to know why we were moved and the representative on the phone could not give me an answer. I would appreciate an upgrade if it was to a larger cabin or additional perks but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I understand your frustration but look at it this way...

A new class of ship under construction will have changes made. Something unforeseen could lead to a structural change which could make a stateroom "smaller" than originally planned.

As for the island, I don't know what delayed MSC's construction but I know that NCL's island renovation was delayed by Hurricane Mathew. Can't really fault the cruiseline for things like that.

I have booked many ships before and during construction so I do understand things are subject to change. I guess I would be more understanding if a reason was given when I asked or if I was called before a random cabin was assigned to me. I did not book a "guarantee." The lack of call back from a supervisor as promise is a little concerning as well. Customer service seems to be lacking.

As for the island, I get that delays do happen. I was suppose to visit Harvest Caye on the Escape but due to that delay, we didn't get to go there. At least the replacement port was better than Nassau :)

I think it is a combination of both issues making me question if MSC is a good fit for us.

Yes, deck 9, 3/24/18 sailing. I just wanted to know why we were moved and the representative on the phone could not give me an answer. I would appreciate an upgrade if it was to a larger cabin or additional perks but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Overall square footage is the same, just a smaller cabin and larger deck. What is interesting is that if you try booking a Fantastica suite for your sailing with three people it shows none available, but booking for two people there are three cabins available. Even though on the deck plans it shows they are three and four person cabins. I feel something else is in the works.

NCL hit me with the Harvest Cay itinerary change also, can't say I missed it that much. The Belize tour to Lamanai was great.

I also think there's something else going on. No idea what, but I don't like it. We booked and paid for a specific cabin. It seems the change has come after I made final payment, however it's not actually due until the end of June. I'd love to know why they have moved us out of our "desirable" aft cabin for two people, into a less desirable cabin that will accommodate four people. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, unless someone has more clout than we do and was able to persuade "someone" to remove us so they could have our cabin? Maybe a bit paranoid, but this sort of stuff makes you think like that. And the lack of response from MSC is worrying too. Will update if and when I hear.

It is clearly stated in MSC booking conditions that your cabin number can change up until embarkation. They cannot however downgrade your cabin.

Annie

Actually they can. We were tossed out of the Royal Suite and put into a balcony in the Yacht Club. MSC blamed a computer error for letting us book. This happened after we booked the day the Seaside opened and we found this out a couple months later. Still debating if we are even going to go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually they can. We were tossed out of the Royal Suite and put into a balcony in the Yacht Club. MSC blamed a computer error for letting us book. This happened after we booked the day the Seaside opened and we found this out a couple months later. Still debating if we are even going to go.

Wow, that's a harsh downgrade. I guess you're in the U.S.? We don't really have the option to cancel in the UK, we'd lose a substantial amount of money. Cruise lines have us over a barrel.

Wow, that's a harsh downgrade. I guess you're in the U.S.? We don't really have the option to cancel in the UK, we'd lose a substantial amount of money. Cruise lines have us over a barrel.

I didn't even think about that for other countries. But yes, I'm in the U.S. so we can cancel without issues.

Actually they can. We were tossed out of the Royal Suite and put into a balcony in the Yacht Club. MSC blamed a computer error for letting us book. This happened after we booked the day the Seaside opened and we found this out a couple months later.
I would be extremely angry if that were to happen to me. If the computer error is true (I have my doubts) and someone else actually did book the suite before you, I can understand MSC letting the 1st party have the suite. Making you wait for months (making it nearly impossible to book the Royal Suite for another week) is unacceptable.

I got our booking resolved almost, yesterday, it seems that the MSC system has a flaw in it (bug/Glitch they call it) for some reason if a cabin is booked and then changed the site shows the original booking as Cancelled.

We have our Balcony cabin and MSC have confirmed it by email including a screen shot of their booking system showing the cabin, and telling me that I can now add drink packages etc online.

The website still shows the cancelled booking and it will not let me add drink packages!

MSC have put the blame with the travel agent who they say booked an Inside cabin and then changed it to a Balcony, the travel agent says that they put a hold on both cabins at the same time, somewhere in between lies the Truth.

Instead of adding stuff and changing the look of the UK website they would do well to Fix the issues that are currently affecting it or employ a new I.T team who can sort it out.

Addict ... If you would like to contact me on my mail add below I have some info that may help with your problem.

I got our booking resolved almost, yesterday, it seems that the MSC system has a flaw in it (bug/Glitch they call it) for some reason if a cabin is booked and then changed the site shows the original booking as Cancelled.

We have our Balcony cabin and MSC have confirmed it by email including a screen shot of their booking system showing the cabin, and telling me that I can now add drink packages etc online.

The website still shows the cancelled booking and it will not let me add drink packages!

MSC have put the blame with the travel agent who they say booked an Inside cabin and then changed it to a Balcony, the travel agent says that they put a hold on both cabins at the same time, somewhere in between lies the Truth.

Instead of adding stuff and changing the look of the UK website they would do well to Fix the issues that are currently affecting it or employ a new I.T team who can sort it out.

Addict ... If you would like to contact me on my mail add below I have some info that may help with your problem.

Thank you for this update. I recently booked a room on the Seaside and had to call back and make a change because the website didn't give me the proper promotion when I booked. Now, the website shows the room as cancelled even though the booking status is confirmed and I have the updated paperwork with the right promotions. I was getting worried. I still might call to see if the website can be straightened out.

Were you able straightened out what's on the website? First time on MSC and it's not going smoothly so far.

Update re my fiasco. Voicemail from my TA to say they have received a response from MSC but they are not happy with it and have gone back to them again (no idea what that response was but I'm thinking something along the lines of "tough luck, suck it up". I have sent messages direct to MSC too so I will see what comes from that.

What really irks me about this is that "someone" had to deliberately move us from our original booked cabin in order to give it to someone else. I don't like it. Not one bit!

We thought we had found our ideal cruise line. We will do our two cruises that we have booked with them but will look elsewhere in future.

Update re my fiasco. Voicemail from my TA to say they have received a response from MSC but they are not happy with it and have gone back to them again (no idea what that response was but I'm thinking something along the lines of "tough luck, suck it up". I have sent messages direct to MSC too so I will see what comes from that.

What really irks me about this is that "someone" had to deliberately move us from our original booked cabin in order to give it to someone else. I don't like it. Not one bit!

We thought we had found our ideal cruise line. We will do our two cruises that we have booked with them but will look elsewhere in future.

It's unfortunate that the service is so inconsistent. As I mentioned, MSC (despite the move!) were extremely helpful with me, and the TA unable to do anything. Hope everything gets sorted for you.

Sue ... The shore side certainly does need to get its act together because it is certainly a different animal from what you experience once on the ship.

Until MSC stop micro managing their operation and allow those they employ in managerial positions to actually manage,this issue will not go away.

Sue ... The shore side certainly does need to get its act together because it is certainly a different animal from what you experience once on the ship.

Until MSC stop micro managing their operation and allow those they employ in managerial positions to actually manage,this issue will not go away.

Oh I agree with you entirely. We've only done one MSC so far but we loved it so much we booked two more. They hooked us in but, sadly, they won't keep us. :(

AceDoc ... Keep us updated please, it appears this is happening far more frequent than we have heard about previously. Add those we don't know about and it could be on a larger scale.

Update:

MSC still reports that I cancelled and rebooked, and that caused the cabin change; I still don't see how that would have occurred after final payment, but it's no big deal from my end. They called me directly, were very nice and got the cabin back up to Deck 14, so no worries. Two months to sail. Can taste the Prosecco already!

-Adam

Just when you think you are getting somewhere the booking disappears!

After MSC managed to add our booking on Monday I was able to access the web check in, and the area where you can book onboard services.

Today the whole booking has gone!

Just when you think you are getting somewhere the booking disappears!

After MSC managed to add our booking on Monday I was able to access the web check in, and the area where you can book onboard services.

Today the whole booking has gone!

Oh no, hope you get that one sorted!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Sounds like the website issue is not going to be sorted any time soon, talking in number of months, than days or weeks could be even longer!

Addict ... Have you heard anything yet ?

Sounds like the website issue is not going to be sorted any time soon, talking in number of months, than days or weeks could be even longer!

Addict ... Have you heard anything yet ?

Hi. Got a call today from the TA. Just reassuring they are doing all they can. They are not happy with the response from MSC so have referred it to their head office. Guess it will be a while before I hear anything. Not heard from the other contacts you suggested either. And so we wait......

Surprised that Mr P has not responded to you yet, though he may not have checked his messages.

Also thought you would have heard by email from the other one.

Me too, however it would have gone to his "other" box so could be ages before its spotted.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app