Would an Occasional "Adults Only" Cruise Work?

Yvonne

Interesting that a few folk may think an adults cruise may be more expensive.

Our family sail on the mentioned P&O adult only ships as well as their normal ships and their adult cruises are always cheaper (even in the summer holidays). I personally don't sail with them but I have found the same when looking at southampton sailings and seen the same 14 night Med cruise for at least 400 quid cheaper per person. It is important to note though the smaller ships are adult only in this case and they have had a tought time filling these sailings sometimes...I saw a 13 night Med sailing for £500 ($600) pp 3 weeks before departure.

We are 30 with no kids but would never do an adults only holiday as we like the atmosphere young families bring...and we have to sail peak season as we teach.

On the longer cruises thing it depends on where and when you sail. Both of our European Carnival cruises (12 days) and our X Med one (13 days) had hoards of kids on board as it was European schools out.

I do wish every ship would have an adult only pool though or an adult swim period then a kids swim one.

Otherwise don't mind kids floating about.

We would book that in a heartbeat!

We've actually been considering a Viking ocean cruise to Central America/Panama Canal b/c it is a "no one under 16" policy.

We are late 40's and have 7 grown kids. I find the older we get the less tolerant we are of kids ... especially roudy, unruly ones.

Carnival doesn't need to have adult cruises, sail the second week of September or January, 1st week of December, or last week of February and there are only about 80 kids (out of 3000) on board. They combine the camps those weeks a lot. Personally kids don't bother me, drunk 18-23 year olds bother me(as do smokers, slow walkers, and passengers who push and shove of any age)

This should be interesting for us then. We are scheduled to sail the Splendor 12/01/18 through 12/15/18 to Hawaii.

I totally agree w/ you on the drunk people, although in some past experiences that hasn't been limited to the 18-23 age group. People vomiting in the hallways or stairs is disturbing and we feel bad for those who have to clean up after these people. Smokers only bother me when they don't follow the rules/guidelines (like smoking on the balcony next to us repeatedly). And those who push and shove and walk slow are very annoying!

Count us in for an 18+ years old only cruise!

CCL can schedule it during Oct or Feb when the kiddies should be in school (for the most part).

They can also schedule the camp staff off the ship and clean/renovate the camps during that week.

What I don't get are why people have to bring pre-school toddlers and little kids on a cruise. It's not like they're old enough to be making memories. And they are the leading cause of parents being exposed as not being considerate enough to remove their kids when they are not acting correctly. :rolleyes:

(Disclaimer - that is my opinion and my views are not reflected by CCL, so you have that!)

Years ago we were on a carnival cruise around hawaii that ended in mexico. It was late september. There were 5 kids on board. The camp carnival staff did "adult crafts." Made hawaiian themed items. It was very popular. I walked by and thought "omg i am at the home." Age diversity on the ship can be a good thing.

I would love an adults only cruise, but I suspect the fares would be higher for the same reason others have stated with regards to 3rd & 4th berths. I've noticed in the AI resort world, adults only resorts are typically higher priced than family AIs.

This is true but we are seriously considering paying more to be kid free

What I don't get are why people have to bring pre-school toddlers and little kids on a cruise. It's not like they're old enough to be making memories. And they are the leading cause of parents being exposed as not being considerate enough to remove their kids when they are not acting correctly. :rolleyes:

We just did our first cruise last month and had so much fun we thought about bringing our (adult) kids on a cruise later this year. One has a toddler. We saw a couple families with toddlers onboard and asked for their experiences. The logistics they dealt with were enough for us to scrub the idea.

Honestly, there were probably more obnoxious 12-24 year olds than crying toddlers for us to deal with. Next time I will remember to avoid March-April.

Mid May on a Cunard Transatlantic. Maybe 6 kids. But probably 30 odd service dogs and 40-50 scooters running you down if you weren't quick enough to get out of the way.

Swings and roundabouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk