Which RCL Ship for Solo Traveler

I just finished a 7 day cruise on the NCL Escape (Eastern Caribbean). I would like to start looking at the RCL line for my next cruise (probably next April again) for a 7 or less day package... I have been on the Freedom of the Seas ship in the past. Loved the Solo Cabin on the Escape!

Recommendations for a Solo Traveler (50+) who likes the adult only area sun decks, and doesn't necessary need all the bells and whistles that the Escape had.

Ports of Call are a bonus, just trying to find the right ship for me. Pretty much been everywhere (as a traveling nanny).

Thank you in advance for all recommendations!

If you don't want a lot of bells and whistles then the Radiance class is likely your best option. Smaller ships but without things like Ice skating rinks and stuff like that. All Royal ships have an adults only solarium of some sort. In terms of minimizing number of kids - obviously stay away from school vacations and the like. End of April is a good time to travel for minimal kids.

I have done several solo on Royal, from short 5nighter to 13night transatlantics... on Brilliance (radiance class) and Jewel (Vision class). I much prefer the smaller vessels for my solo trips...

I've been on 54 cruises, all as a solo, and on every class currently in the RCI fleet. I can't say I prefer one class in particular, each has its pros and cons. If you are interested in a studio cabin others have already listed the ships that have them. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that while the studios will start out cheaper than standard cabins due to there being no single supplement the prices will most likely rise and may even end up at a higher price than some standard cabins. The reason for this is that the price, like other cabins, it based on supply and demand. Once the inventory drops the price mostly likely will rise. Twice I was able to get a standard balcony, with single supplement, that was cheaper than a studio cabin at the time I booked. The lesson is to not just check the studio prices but all cabin prices for the best deal.

I've been traveling the past few years as a solo (since DH passed - but had traveled for many years as a solo prior to marriage). I was just on Anthem and honestly loved it. Much to do, many quiet areas and some adults only (the Solarium was lovely). I'm not much of a "doer"; however, I enjoyed iFly and watching some of the other activities. The choice of restaurants and bars/lounges was also very nice. (I was on Escape last September and loved Anthem far more than Escape).

I always cruise solo and my last cruise on Royal Caribbean was on the Allure of the Seas and my next one is on Harmony of the Seas. My preference for these ships as a solo passenger is that the size of the ships mean that there is always something new and interesting to do. There are so many dining venues and bars I can eat at a different place for every lunch and dinner without repeating restaurants; ditto for pre-dinner or late night drinks. There are not only a lot of different shows, but different types of shows--water show, production show, comedian, outdoor movies, 3D movies, ice show, headliner show; so there is interesting entertainment every night.

The downsides: as a solo there are advantages to traditional dining--you get to spend some time every night with some people you get to know, but on the Allure the cruise line did the worst job of matching people up of any cruise I have ever been on. Plus, because of all the dining options, you can expect whatever table you get to have missing people every night or no one at all on some nights, which defeats the purpose of a shared dining experience. For the Harmony, I am going with My Time Dining. Another downside is you have to make reservations for everything in advance--shows and dinners (and sometimes lunches). This negates one of the real advantages of sailing solo--you get to do what you want. Perhaps you would be comfortable not making reservations and taking chances with long waits in line or missing out on seeing a show but I would rather make sure I get to experience everything the ship has to offer, which means reservations.