Need creative ideas!

HeidiKeup

Need some help brainstorming. My husband turns 50 😳this month and I have planned a cruise to Alaska. He does know about the cruise but he does not know that one of his best friends and wife are accompanying us (he is going to be SOO EXCITED) This is where I need help.... anyone have any creative ways to let hubby in on the surprise? At first I was thinking about a scavenger hunt but I don't think he would enjoy something like that. He'd probably get irritated. Our friends are on the same plane with us to Vancouver so if I don't think of anything beforehand, we will see each other at the gate and he'll know at that point. Thanks!!!

After you check in at the airport you and your friends can meet at one of the bars and have a quick celebratory cocktail. Have his friend just walk up behind him, tap him on the shoulder and say Hello, birthday drinks on me. happy cruising

We arrive at the airport at 6 am. I love me some cocktails but that's even a little early for me. Lol.

We arrive at the airport at 6 am. I love me some cocktails but that's even a little early for me. Lol.

Celebratory coffee and muffin? :)

I think just having a rendezvous spot in the airport with the friends would suffice.

I like the idea of having your friends volunteer to drive you to the airport....just make sure your husband doesn't look in their trunk and see their suitcases! Or, they could say they're flying to the same city as you but for other reasons, then meet them on the ship!

Need some help brainstorming. My husband turns 50 [emoji15]this month and I have planned a cruise to Alaska. He does know about the cruise but he does not know that one of his best friends and wife are accompanying us (he is going to be SOO EXCITED) This is where I need help.... anyone have any creative ways to let hubby in on the surprise? At first I was thinking about a scavenger hunt but I don't think he would enjoy something like that. He'd probably get irritated. Our friends are on the same plane with us to Vancouver so if I don't think of anything beforehand, we will see each other at the gate and he'll know at that point. Thanks!!!

Who wouldn't get irritated?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good idea with the pick-up from your house.

Mini van / car service with your friends already in the car....

Husband should be in a good mood before you even get to the airport.

I am actually doing something similar this summer with my wife.

We will be in Venice a few days before our cruise, and during breakfast on the day of departure Ill excuse myself and pop across the canal to the train station to collect our friends who, unbeknown to her, will cruise with us.

Look what I found in the street....!

Celebratory coffee and muffin? :)

I think just having a rendezvous spot in the airport with the friends would suffice.

Arrange for the friends to have checked in at the airport ahead of you, and go to the predetermined coffee shop.

After you've checked in, say "phew, I could murder a decent coffee"

Then "good heavens Tom and Barbara, what on earth are you doing here at this time.of the morning?"

I agree with the above. For a man, keep it simple. Pick a seat to wait at the gate. Make sure you take up an extra seat on both sides of you. Quietly just have them sit down in the empty seats and say nothing. Just wait for your DH to notice. Afterwards you will all have a good laugh at how long it took for him to notice.