Are there any post-cruise excursions from Long Beach?

I have a late afternoon flight from LAX after my cruise. I don't see anything for post-cruise excursions from Long Beach on the website, but I've been on other cruise lines that have had some excursions not listed ahead of time. Has anyone been offered post-cruise excursions from Long Beach which end at LAX? It would be a great way to kill some time.

BTW, I originally had a 1PM flight and the airline changed it to 4PM. I'm looking to make the best of an unfortunate situtation.

Thanks.

I cannot answer your question about LAX, but have had late flights after cruising in the past. We have tried sight seeing on our own with a rental car, which is usually pretty easy. Or we've just hung around the airport, got a snack/lunch & read a book. enjoy your cruise.

I cannot answer your question about LAX, but have had late flights after cruising in the past. We have tried sight seeing on our own with a rental car, which is usually pretty easy. Or we've just hung around the airport, got a snack/lunch & read a book. enjoy your cruise.

Thanks. My friend and I will be flying out of different terminals, so I was hoping an excursion would let us spend a little extra fun time together.

I have never seen an excursion listed after the ship docks in Long Beach.

You can spend time at the Aquarium in Long Beach if you like.

You can rent a car and explore for the day.

You can just go to the airport and hang out in the international terminal where there are some restaurants before security. Then go to your correct terminals for your flights. This shows Tom Bradley(international ) terminal at LAX. The few places to eat on the ticketing level are before security:

https://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LAX/pdf/TBIT.pdf

Walk over and take a tour of the Queen Mary and have lunch there.

(y) (y)

An excellent idea!

They used to allow Carnival passengers to do the basic audio tour for free. It can't hurt to ask if they still do.

I have a late afternoon flight from LAX after my cruise. I don't see anything for post-cruise excursions from Long Beach on the website, but I've been on other cruise lines that have had some excursions not listed ahead of time. Has anyone been offered post-cruise excursions from Long Beach which end at LAX? It would be a great way to kill some time.

BTW, I originally had a 1PM flight and the airline changed it to 4PM. I'm looking to make the best of an unfortunate situtation.

Thanks.

Try calling the airline - if there's an earlier flight that day, they should switch you for free, since they drastically changed your original flight time. This happened to me recently and I got on a much more ideal flight, that was originally quite a bit more expensive.

Yes, of course call the airline to see if there is another flight!

I had assumed this had already been done!

You never have to just accept flight changes like that unless nothing else is available.

Thanks. I appreciate your ideas. I really just wanted an excursion that would drop me at the airport. They have them in Fort Lauderdale on Princess. I thought maybe Carnival might have something. About changing flights, I already changed my flight. They originally changed my flight from 1PM to 11AM. For me, 11AM is too early. My friend's flight is at 3PM and I don't want to have to race off the ship really early and try to get to LAX in time for an 11AM flight. Then next flight is at 4PM. That's what I changed to. I've already been to the Queen Mary. That's not a bad idea. I'd even enjoy lunch at Parker's Lighthouse, but I don't want to haul luggage around all day.

Thanks to everyone who took time to answer my question.

The Aquarium will hold your luggage. The free Long Beach Passport bus has a bus stop in the cruise port parking lot and stops at the Aquarium. Leave the Aquarium no later than 1:30 no matter what day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums