LIVE! First time on the Allure of the Seas - May 7, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

Thank you for this great review! It is making the 26 days until our trip on Allure more bearable. I was wondering if you ended up getting the Ultimate Dining Package. Since it is a relatively new option, I am curious how it is being implemented. On days at sea when you can go to a specialty restaurant is Sabor included as an option? Since it is a la carte, do they give you an amount that you can spend? Also, for dinner it looks like Izumi Habachi is not part of this package??? Is it included in the 3, 4 and 5 night dining package? Since it is just my husband and I sailing this time, we are only planning on going to specialty restaurants and am trying to figure out what our best option is. We love going to Johnny Rockets and Sabor for lunch.

Sorry for so many questions...I just don't want you to get bored while lounging at the pool today. I am so envious!!! I will be teaching my 24 third grade students all day...but maybe I will sneak a peak on cruise critic! :)

Izumi Hibachi is not included in any package. We bought the 3 night dining package and thought if we wanted the hibachi restaurant we would have a $30 credit towards it because of the package, but we've been told that isn't the case. If we want Hibachi it's $49 pp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning!!! Here is what I woke up to....

efc8d0eefbd23aae2f311cc7fec4cab7.jpg

Perfect weather and calm seas!!! My DH is out on the pool deck so I'm going to grab a coffee and join him.

I'll be answering your questions all day, after all....I'm clearly not going to be that busy [emoji6]

So excited to follow along with you this week! Please thank your husband and your daughter for sharing you with us! We have a multi-generational cruise planned for Thanksgiving week, so your thoughts on everything like shows, food, etc. are helping me plan a perfect trip!!

Are the roast beef sammies only available on Day 1? I've heard so much about them, and didn't know if they are around all week, or if I need to hop on board and grab one with my welcome drink!! Enjoy your day, and stay hydrated at the pool! lol

Tomorrow is a day at sea. DH has strict instructions to head up to the pool deck at the crack of humanity and save me a chair [emoji41]He will be sitting in it until I get there so it's not chair hogging if he's only saving one chair right??

It's time to turn in for the night... it's been a fabulous first day onboard. Thanks for joining me! See you in the morning! [emoji4]

Bless your husband. I thought I was the only person on Earth who did this. Actually, I think it's necessary on Oasis class ships, right? They actually have deck police who confiscate unattended belongings after a half hour or so.

Welcome to LIVE from the Allure of the Seas!

I am excited to finally try an Oasis Class ship - I need to see exactly what I've been missing and decide for myself if bigger really IS better?! ;)

As many of you already know, I really enjoy reporting live from the ship. I try and respond to every question, and hope to bring a little bit of the Caribbean to you wherever you are. I'm a little nuts in the sense that I update a lot, so be sure to check this thread often! I won't be posting the Cruise Compass (unless someone asks a very specific question), and I won't be posting the MDR menus as we have pre-purchased the 3 night dining package, and will probably add a 4th specialty restaurant once onboard. I did register for My Time Dining, so it is possible we may visit the MDR once or twice during the week.

I post primarily from my iPhone 6, and upload pictures often in "real time". I will be bringing my Samsung tablet along as well. I like the picture quality on my iPhone, and I just dumped 3645 pictures on to my PC, so I have a lot of space to fill with pictures of just about everything :cool:

We are booked in a Superior Ocean View balcony on deck 11 (I already know the bed is near the closet, thanks to our amazing expert Clarea!). I guess this is a good time to mention who I am cruising with! Accompanying me on this trip are my DH, and my 20 year old DD who has just completed her 3rd year of university :)

We are flying from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow on Air Canada, and expect to arrive at our pre-cruise hotel at about 6PM. I sailed on the Freedom in February and stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, it is a great hotel that has been renovated from top to bottom and that's where we are staying this time as well. I got a super deal with breakfast included, and because I am a Gold Elite rewards member, they have upgraded us to the Concierge Level. We have reserved a car that we will pick up, and then return to the airport on Sunday morning. The Marriott North is about a $45 cab ride from the airport and then $45 again to the port, so we were able to rent a mid size SUV for $109 total and it just made perfect sense. My DH and DD have never been to Fort Lauderdale, so we will definitely head down to the Las Olas beach area, and do a little sight seeing on Saturday.

My suitcase is half packed, and I just printed out our boarding passes. Time to grab a bite of dinner and finish all the last minute preparations before we leave for the airport tomorrow.

I can't wait to start this vacation and bring you all along with me! :D

Sent from my LG-H631 using Forums mobile app

Robyn, it sounds as though your first impressions of Allure are positive.

Yes, very much so.

There are so many differences between the Freedom class and this, and each of them has their own uniqueness. I am still finding my way around, I'll keep posting my thoughts [emoji4]

Looks fantastic. Thanks for all you do, it is greatly appreciated. Have a great day at sea:).

Thanks Rick [emoji16] my pleasure, I'm enjoying it as much as you are!

So excited to follow along with you this week! Please thank your husband and your daughter for sharing you with us! We have a multi-generational cruise planned for Thanksgiving week, so your thoughts on everything like shows, food, etc. are helping me plan a perfect trip!!

Are the roast beef sammies only available on Day 1? I've heard so much about them, and didn't know if they are around all week, or if I need to hop on board and grab one with my welcome drink!! Enjoy your day, and stay hydrated at the pool! lol

Glad to have you along! [emoji41]

I'm not 100% sure, but 99% says the famous Kummelweck sandwich is available at the Park Cafe all week....I'll find out....

Bless your husband. I thought I was the only person on Earth who did this. Actually, I think it's necessary on Oasis class ships, right? They actually have deck police who confiscate unattended belongings after a half hour or so.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Forums mobile app

My husband said that towels were everywhere at 7AM [emoji44]Yes, deck patrol roams around, and I'll let you know how effective they are on this ship.

I have a pretty awesome guy, I think I'll keep him ❤️

My husband said that towels were everywhere at 7AM [emoji44]Yes, deck patrol roams around, and I'll let you know how effective they are on this ship.

I have a pretty awesome guy, I think I'll keep him ❤️

I will be heading up to The Solarium every morning very early to grab chairs for DH & I, and NO i won't leave chairs unattended. I will be sitting there with my hot :hot-beverage: enjoying the sun and quiet!! :)

We are definitely sailing! Hard to pick a spot to be when the ship finally pulled away from port.... we were up on the pool deck [emoji41]

I just checked out the diamond lounge (which incidentally is about 15 paces outside my cabin door) and grabbed a cosmo to go [emoji6]I am currently enjoying it in my balcony!

We stopped at 150 Central Park shortly after we boarded to make our dining reservations for our 3 night package. We are going to Giovanni's tonight at 8:30pm. I love the outdoor seating, so hoping for a table there.

Some thoughts on our cabin....

I like it! I managed to unpack all 3 of us, and there were a surprising number of nooks and crannies to store stuff...now to remember where everything is?!?! [emoji44]

I had requested an egg crate mattress topper in advance for medical reasons, and I am pleased at how they manage them here. The egg crate is zipped inside a washable bag - all ships need to do this, it's very sanitary.

Hope some of you caught the sailaway on the webcam? The weather is outstanding today ☀️☀️

Hi There,

What is the email you used to make the request? I cracked a rib two weeks ago, and we leave on Oasis on Sunday, Im stressed about the bed situation as it's hard to sleep. Thanks, and have a blast!

Izumi Hibachi is not included in any package. We bought the 3 night dining package and thought if we wanted the hibachi restaurant we would have a $30 credit towards it because of the package, but we've been told that isn't the case. If we want Hibachi it's $49 pp.

Thank you for clarifying this for me!!!

This post confuses me as Royal's website states that hibachi IS included in the 3,4, 5 night dining package. Do you think the person who told you it wasn't included thought you were trying to do FNDR? I ask because we have a 5 night package for our Allure cruise and planned to use it at Hibachi.

This post confuses me as Royal's website states that hibachi IS included in the 3,4, 5 night dining package. Do you think the person who told you it wasn't included thought you were trying to do FNDR? I ask because we have a 5 night package for our Allure cruise and planned to use it at Hibachi.

I am totally and completely sure that Hibachi is not available on ANY package. I asked 4 times last night and was given the exact same response. The person was aware that we have the 3 night package. The exclusions are Chefs Table and Hibachi.

Hi There,

What is the email you used to make the request? I cracked a rib two weeks ago, and we leave on Oasis on Sunday, Im stressed about the bed situation as it's hard to sleep. Thanks, and have a blast!

I don't have it saved on my iPhone, but I think it was specialneeds@rccl.com I think if you call RCCL they can confirm. Hope you feel better soon! Cracked ribs HURT!!

I am totally and completely sure that Hibachi is not available on ANY package. I asked 4 times last night and was given the exact same response. The person was aware that we have the 3 night package. The exclusions are Chefs Table and Hibachi.

Thanks, but that is really disappointing.

I don't have it saved on my iPhone, but I think it was specialneeds@rccl.com I think if you call RCCL they can confirm. Hope you feel better soon! Cracked ribs HURT!!

I sent my request and received a Confirmation for our June 18th Sailing,

it's special_needs@rccl.com

Also, following, WOW talk about calm Seas. I remember one Cruise experiencing similar seas, I swear we could have been on Labadee Type Mats.

I'm curious to get your thoughts on Schooner Bar and Bow & Stern entertainers.

Thanks

I sent my request and received a Confirmation for our June 18th Sailing,

it's special_needs@rccl.com

Also, following, WOW talk about calm Seas. I remember one Cruise experiencing similar seas, I swear we could have been on Labadee Type Mats.

I'm curious to get your thoughts on Schooner Bar and Bow & Stern entertainers.

Thanks

We were sitting at the pub last night for a while and thought the entertainer was excellent! Everyone was singing along to some great tunes from the 60's and 70's! Haven't ventured into the Schooner Bar yet.....

Hi Robyn, thanks for the information on how to request a mattress topper. We will be on the Oasis of the Seas in less than 3 wks and I just had back surgery. Thanks again!

Awesome review so far . Continue to enjoy. I'll be on her in November for the Eastern

trip. How is the wifi working so far ? I'm interesting in getting one of the packages any recommendations? Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Robyn, thanks for the information on how to request a mattress topper. We will be on the Oasis of the Seas in less than 3 wks and I just had back surgery. Thanks again!

You're welcome! Sending healing wishes for a quick recovery, and then a fantastic cruise!! [emoji4]

Awesome review so far . Continue to enjoy. I'll be on her in November for the Eastern

trip. How is the wifi working so far ? I'm interesting in getting one of the packages any recommendations? Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The wifi is fantastic [emoji106][emoji106]best out of any ship I've been on. When I was on the Freedom the past 2 cruises, I kept getting booted off and needed to reconnect. None of those issues here. The connection is great everywhere!!!! [emoji106][emoji106]

Hands down, the Park Cafe is the place to be for lunch. The Kummelweck roast beef is available every day, and the fresh salads are amazing. I tried the Asian shrimp and noodle salad and it was delicious. I don't think the WJ and I will be friends at lunchtime this cruise [emoji4]

af0bbe9a5f7932476a3fd8da85bfac8e.jpg