Questions About Using Value trips for Hyatt Place

HappyValley3

If use value trips to book Hyatt Place on line:

1. How/when do I know the final price of the room?

2. Is there a cancellation charge?

Not sure how this works and I'm still waiting for a call back from then.

Thanks.

If you are talking about Hyatt Place near 17th... check the Hyatt website everyday as I booked last week at 349.00 per night and this week the price was 242.00 for the same room. This is April timeframe.

If you are talking about Hyatt Place near 17th... check the Hyatt website everyday as I booked last week at 349.00 per night and this week the price was 242.00 for the same room. This is April timeframe.

For our date, a Saturday night, the cheapest price is $314 AAA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If use value trips to book Hyatt Place on line:

1. How/when do I know the final price of the room?

2. Is there a cancellation charge?

Not sure how this works and I'm still waiting for a call back from then.

Thanks.

The rate on the ValueTrips website for October is $153 (provided you're not staying on 10/13 or 10/31). The taxes should be about $25 additional, but I believe they tell you the exact amount before you finalize your reservation. There's no cancellation charge up until 48 hours before the date of your stay; otherwise I think (if I'm remembering correctly) you'll get charged for a full night.

The rate on the ValueTrips website for October is $153 (provided you're not staying on 10/13 or 10/31). The taxes should be about $25 additional, but I believe they tell you the exact amount before you finalize your reservation. There's no cancellation charge up until 48 hours before the date of your stay; otherwise I think (if I'm remembering correctly) you'll get charged for a full night.

Thanks. I'm going to go ahead and try them for the night before and night after our cruise.

We just used valuetrips to book Hyatt Place for our pre-cruise last month (March)....you'll receive an email from them (valuetrips) verifying/confirming your reservation with all the info you need. After you receive the email you can call Hyatt Place directly and give your name and date to confirm...they then actually give you their own reservation #. Great hotel we loved it and will book again...any questions I'll be happy to answer.

:o

We just used valuetrips to book Hyatt Place for our pre-cruise last month (March)....you'll receive an email from them (valuetrips) verifying/confirming your reservation with all the info you need. After you receive the email you can call Hyatt Place directly and give your name and date to confirm...they then actually give you their own reservation #. Great hotel we loved it and will book again...any questions I'll be happy to answer.

Thanks, I appreciate you explaining the reservation procedure. I'll be watching for my email.:)

:o

Thanks, I appreciate you explaining the reservation procedure. I'll be watching for my email.:)

You're very welcome....just give it a few days and then a couple of more before you call Hyatt to make sure they've gotten your reservation info from valuetrips.

I used valuetrips for our cruise this past March, it's now one of my favorite hotels for a pre-cruise stay. It was about a week after I submitted my reservation form when I received my confirmation email. There was a confirmation number which I logged into Hyatt's web site, entered my information and my hotel reservation was there. Great hotel, you will enjoy your stay there.

I used valuetrips for our cruise this past March, it's now one of my favorite hotels for a pre-cruise stay. It was about a week after I submitted my reservation form when I received my confirmation email. There was a confirmation number which I logged into Hyatt's web site, entered my information and my hotel reservation was there. Great hotel, you will enjoy your stay there.

Of course you can confirm on the website...however I had 3 rooms reserved and needed to request that two of them were connecting and felt better speaking to a live person directly at the property...

How strange that this hotel's connecting rooms are double beds only no king connecting with a double bed. And to verify how their shuttle works and $ from FLL to their hotel...you just call the main hotel number and it's $2.00 per room for the shuttle not per person.

We usually stay at Embassy Suites but from now on it Hyatt Place.

Today is the 5th business day since my two reservation requests and no confirmation email from Value Trips yet. Is this normal or am I just anxious?

I'd reach out to Value Trips again. I booked a pre-cruise room for my May stay and, after a week of no response, I simply reached out to them again and requested a confirmation. I promptly received a reply.

I'd reach out to Value Trips again. I booked a pre-cruise room for my May stay and, after a week of no response, I simply reached out to them again and requested a confirmation. I promptly received a reply.

I just called and left name, phone # and message and also sent them an email. Maybe I should just try rebooking on their site?

Is it possible that the Hyatt website shows no rooms available for the dates I need that valuetrips will have some rooms available?

You will also receive an email (yes it can take time) that your reservation request isn't available for the dates you have requested.

I needed to change the arrival date for one of our 3 room reservations....so just thought I would make a new reservation but I received a response from VT that my dates were sold out (I was of course holding space verified by my email from VT)....I called Hyatt Place directly and they made the change easily for me ... no problem at all. Once you get a confirmation from VT it's best then to deal directly with Hyatt Place...they are very helpful and accommodating ... even making notes in our reservation that we needed two of the rooms connecting....which they were upon arrival.

It's been a little over a week since booking Hyatt place with value trips haven't heard anything. I wrote value trips a few days ago and nothing yet. What should I do?

You can try calling Hyatt Place directly and give your name and date of arrival and see if they indeed have your reservation. They (VT) never responded to my emails or phone calls either about wanting to make a change...I had no problem then dealing directly with Hyatt Place.

Since it was the start of three weeks yesterday that I haven't heard from Value Trips I decided to call Hyatt Place.

They did have my name on their list for the two reservations I made, pre-cruise and post-cruise. The customer service woman I talked to gave me my reservation numbers, but couldn't tell me the total price of each stay? She also said she couldn't provide me a confirmation email that VT would need to do that?

Does this sound correct? Not getting a warm fuzzy about this and think I am going to call Hyatt Place again today to verify.

Either I am impatient, don't understand the procedure or VT is slacking. To be fair, I am a very over the top planner. lol

Since it was the start of three weeks yesterday that I haven't heard from Value Trips I decided to call Hyatt Place.

They did have my name on their list for the two reservations I made, pre-cruise and post-cruise. The customer service woman I talked to gave me my reservation numbers, but couldn't tell me the total price of each stay? She also said she couldn't provide me a confirmation email that VT would need to do that?

Does this sound correct? Not getting a warm fuzzy about this and think I am going to call Hyatt Place again today to verify.

Either I am impatient, don't understand the procedure or VT is slacking. To be fair, I am a very over the top planner. lol

Glad you took my advice and called Hyatt Place directly. I too think Value Trips is either slacking off or can't keep up on their end with emails and are inundated...not surprised.

Now you will use the registration number HP gave you but actually when you call they just need your name and dates. The cost of your per night stay should be "exactly" what Value Trips website is quoting. I was able to confirm my per night price with HP but I did call after receiving VT confirmation, eventually. At least you know you have the confirmed reservation with HP that's what's important.

True they can't send you a confirmation (only VT can do this) but they should be able to quote your per night stay...I would call back during business hours and ask again.....HP knew my rate from VT and knew one of my reservations was booked with points...and even noted my request to have two of our rooms connecting...On our arrival everything was handled quick and easy.....I had great customer service all around from HP...will definitely stay there again instead of Embassy Suites. And won't hesitate to at least book it through VT to get those great rates...following up along the way on the details and confirmation (OCD planner too). Best of luck I'm sure everything will turn out great for you.

Edited by Ashland

Glad you took my advice and called Hyatt Place directly. I too think Value Trips is either slacking off or can't keep up on their end with emails and are inundated...not surprised.

Now you will use the registration number HP gave you but actually when you call they just need your name and dates. The cost of your per night stay should be "exactly" what Value Trips website is quoting. I was able to confirm my per night price with HP but I did call after receiving VT confirmation, eventually. At least you know you have the confirmed reservation with HP that's what's important.

True they can't send you a confirmation (only VT can do this) but they should be able to quote your per night stay...I would call back during business hours and ask again.....HP knew my rate from VT and knew one of my reservations was booked with points...and even noted my request to have two of our rooms connecting...On our arrival everything was handled quick and easy.....I had great customer service all around from HP...will definitely stay there again instead of Embassy Suites. And won't hesitate to at least book it through VT to get those great rates...following up along the way on the details and confirmation (OCD planner too). Best of luck I'm sure everything will turn out great for you.

Thank you for your help Ashland. :cool: I understand the process much better now and can relax.

The Valuetrip rate does not include taxes, I believe. Last year, the total tax was 11%.

Thank you also phabric, I wasn't sure about the taxes and will factor that in. A great deal using VT, just difficult to understand the process. :D