How bad is noise/vibration in aft staterooms- need to know fast

Petoonya

Suddenly have opportunity to sail in an aft stateroom. It's a 19 day cruise sailing across the Pacific so I assume lots of days with engines running full throttle. Have been fortunate enough to have one on Celebrity ships a few times and vibration/noise never bothered me- barely noticeable. But it was a much bigger ship. I'm a noise sensitive person and wonder if the ship going full bore is excessively loud or if the vibration would drive me batty. Mostly I've liked the vibration part in the past- it's lulling.

Have to act very quickly I'm thinking like the next hour or two- anyone out there on a Sunday afternoon?

Thanks.

PS. I'm aware of the metal railing and good with that. The veranda size more than makes up for it.

The vibration is quite significant back there, but I would say that it isn't very different from any cabin in the back fourth of the ship, if you will.

What I mean by this is that the aft facing cabins don't vibrate any differently from those four or five cabins forward in the corridor.

Personally, I would go for it, but I already know that Stan and I are the kind of people who assimilate to sound very easily, plus Stan once slept (100% sober) through an emergency evacuation of a hotel which we were staying in.

We did a Trans Atlantic in 2015 and were in the Owners Suite on Deck 8 on Riviera. When the ship was going flat out (there was a medical emergency and we had to get north towards the Azores for a helicopter pick up) the vibration was terrible It was also bad when we were docking and the stern thrusters were being used. Aside from that - fine.

We are always in the owners suite and never noticed anything either. Love that suite.

If you're in the Owners Suite and never noticed any vibrations, get thee to the nearest neurologist, quickly.....

Ha, ha, ha!!!

Well, TA wasn't available but I put in a request and will see what happens. Thanks for your input!!!

Hi Petoonya?

What floor are you considering?

As I have expressed on other times, It cause me great wonder and amazement that people would choose to sail on ships, fly in planes etc that they know will vibrate, roll pitch yaw and that noises in an all metal structure will not be transmitted.

Your living, sitting on top of 2, 50,000 hp engines, in a fluid that never stops moving and expecting a Waldorf Astoria suite experience...... it that realistic?:rolleyes:

As I have expressed on other times, It cause me great wonder and amazement that people would choose to sail on ships, fly in planes etc that they know will vibrate, roll pitch yaw and that noises in an all metal structure will not be transmitted.

Your living, sitting on top of 2, 50,000 hp engines, in a fluid that never stops moving and expecting a Waldorf Astoria suite experience...... it that realistic?:rolleyes:

So surely, with all that movement (particularly at the stern), it would be very foolhardy for anyone to suggest skeet shooting.

Then again, perhaps some find the movement of the ship improves their strike rate.... :D

So surely, with all that movement (particularly at the stern), it would be very foolhardy for anyone to suggest skeet shooting.

Then again, perhaps some find the movement of the ship improves their strike rate.... :D

Nope, it just helps to improve ones skill at shooting.... used to do this in RVL, in actuality in the right spot there is little motion at all...;p

At the stern you get some vibration in Marina and Riviera from the stern trusters when manoeuvring in dock etc.

Also had a problem this cruise on Marina with noise,when the ship was cruising at higher speeds , sounded to me very much like some thing associated with props and or shafts , it's around 3hz which equates to around 180rpm which I suspect is the prop speed . It's a sort off low whamp, whamp, whamp noise Lol my attempt to articulate it , did just about disturb sleep a couple of times . We were aware of another room having the same problem , did ask about it , no Official explanation but were asked to report if we had the problem again .