Msc divina review with pics

hockeyguru32

Hey Sandpiper glad you're back and had a good experience. I wanted to go into the Yacht Club to take pictures but was denied.

Don't be put off by that Guru, they kept a close watch on guests at the YC.

It was very private. Imagine 3800 plus passengers on a cruise ship, and a couple of time we visited, had the pool to ourselves.

Not perfect, but very special.

Cheers.

I have some left over if I go on MSC again

I am not sure you can? until you said it I believed that after sailing they cannot be refunded and they can ONLY be used on that ship sailing on that date.

I looked at this in some detail as I liked the idea of the voucher system and it said they were available on cruises in the Caribbean. What they neglected to say was "Only on the Divinia and only when sailing from mainland US."

I said I was going to Trading standards in the UK and

shortly after they changed the advert.

Thanks for your review. What was it that you didn't like about the food in Le Muse? The menu? Preparation? We're cruising YC in August and looking forward to the food! I'm curious of what to expect. Thank you!

One of the first things we did when we arrived for the first time at the private YC Topsail Lounge was meet with the Le Muse Maitre'd. As a matter of fact, we were asked to wait, to meet with the MD, to go over any questions we might have abt LE Muse, any special requests etc. We were thrilled. My wife has a food allergy, she stated so. He looked us in the eyes, and said "That is not a problem". he went on to say how careful the chef is and how he would make sure all would be ok. None of that happened. When we questioned the preparation later on, they admitted a lot of the food comes pre-prepared out of a box. And my wife in fact was served food that made her ill.

In all fairness, when we brought it to the food manager's attention, he immediately corrected the problem. But we still requested to eat somewhere else.

Eataly was superb, the Galaxy excellent, and the MDR, perfect service.

We thank the food manager for his quick response, but he has bigger problems to solve.

We have no problems in returning to Divina, and other MSC ships. Their service, for the most part, is excellent, and we do recommend them. Now that you know this you will be better prepared to have a better experience. We are sure you will love it.

Cheers.

One of the first things we did when we arrived for the first time at the private YC Topsail Lounge was meet with the Le Muse Maitre'd. As a matter of fact, we were asked to wait, to meet with the MD, to go over any questions we might have abt LE Muse, any special requests etc. We were thrilled. My wife has a food allergy, she stated so. He looked us in the eyes, and said "That is not a problem". he went on to say how careful the chef is and how he would make sure all would be ok. None of that happened. When we questioned the preparation later on, they admitted a lot of the food comes pre-prepared out of a box. And my wife in fact was served food that made her ill.

In all fairness, when we brought it to the food manager's attention, he immediately corrected the problem. But we still requested to eat somewhere else.

We thank the food manager for his quick response, but he has bigger problems to solve.

We have no problems in returning to Divina, and other MSC ships. Their service, for the most part, is excellent, and we do recommend them. Now that you know this you will be better prepared to have a better experience. We are sure you will love it.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cheers.

That is pretty bad to hear about the food allergy. My daughter has food allergies and she will be cruising with us in November. She is always fearful of eating out in places she doesn't know. I hope they pay closer attention but this is not new to us. We sailed celebrity last year to Alaska and twice she had a reaction to the food. Thanks for the info we will be extra careful.

That is pretty bad to hear about the food allergy. My daughter has food allergies and she will be cruising with us in November. She is always fearful of eating out in places she doesn't know. I hope they pay closer attention but this is not new to us. We sailed celebrity last year to Alaska and twice she had a reaction to the food. Thanks for the info we will be extra careful.

Be very aggressive in watching over your daughter's food intake. We saw so, so, many good, positive reviews here in CC, on the Le Muse restaurant, and were so insured by people that should know better, and we saw so many smiles and so many assurances from people on Le Muse's floor that were just going through the motions of repeating what they were told to say, without really knowing what they were saying, that we let our guard down. You have to look at that Maitre d' in the eyes and let him know you will be watching, and do not take any recommendations from any one except the food preparer, and or the MD'. The waiters and assistants often give you recommendations as to how good an item is and tastes. I finally asked them if they had actually tasted the food and the answer was " we are not allowed to taste food for the customers". If the wait staff is to give recommendations, MSC should at least, at least let several waiters actually taste the food they will be serving, and further more instruct them on possible allergenics, else instruct them to defer recommendations to people that really know and will take responsibility. It wasn't until we brought in the Hotel Mgr. that they started taking the allergy issue seriously. So do not wait, for your daughter's safety, get the mgr involved in the beginning.

I wish you and your family a pleasant journey.

Cheers.

Be very aggressive in watching over your daughter's food intake. We saw so, so, many good, positive reviews here in CC, on the Le Muse restaurant, and were so insured by people that should know better, and we saw so many smiles and so many assurances from people on Le Muse's floor that were just going through the motions of repeating what they were told to say, without really knowing what they were saying, that we let our guard down. You have to look at that Maitre d' in the eyes and let him know you will be watching, and do not take any recommendations from any one except the food preparer, and or the MD'. The waiters and assistants often give you recommendations as to how good an item is and tastes. I finally asked them if they had actually tasted the food and the answer was " we are not allowed to taste food for the customers". If the wait staff is to give recommendations, MSC should at least, at least let several waiters actually taste the food they will be serving, and further more instruct them on possible allergenics, else instruct them to defer recommendations to people that really know and will take responsibility. It wasn't until we brought in the Hotel Mgr. that they started taking the allergy issue seriously. So do not wait, for your daughter's safety, get the mgr involved in the beginning.

I wish you and your family a pleasant journey.

Cheers.

Thank you! We certainly will keep our guard up. I must agree you have to remind the staff and preparer every time. We are looking forward to the MSC experience.

Thank you! We certainly will keep our guard up. I must agree you have to remind the staff and preparer every time. We are looking forward to the MSC experience.

Hope you have a good time and thanks for reading the review

I'm really looking forward to this review since I'm going on the Divina for Christmas and New Years 2017/2018 (it will be my 1st MSC cruise, I have cruised many times on other lines) and I'm also from Canada (I live in Burlington, Ontario). You're off to a fantastic start and I can't wait to read more (and see more pics). :D I'd love to see as may pics of the ship (both inside and out). What ports did you go to?

Hi Avril we are also on this Cruise over Christmas. We are from the UK and have a Daughter that lives near Edmonton Canada. - Ready others reviews helps the cruise seem nearer:)

Great review. Sailing soon, very excited. What time could you embark? Last time we sailed on the Divina we boarded quite a while before our allocated time and were hoping to embark as early as possible. I'm sure I read that people had embarked to YC at around 11am.

Great review. Sailing soon, very excited. What time could you embark? Last time we sailed on the Divina we boarded quite a while before our allocated time and were hoping to embark as early as possible. I'm sure I read that people had embarked to YC at around 11am.

Thank you for your kind words CruisingFox. We embarked around 11:30-12:00pm. It was very quick going through security and getting your sign and sail cards. I wish they would take your credit card information there as well instead of having to do it on the ship, that's one less step as a guest you would have to do. Our paddle number we got was 16.

Outstanding review!! Loved the details and pictures, but more so your colorful commentary. Your enthusiasm for cruising is contagious and it would be great fun to have you as a fellow shipmate! Looking to book a cruise with DH for December and decided to check out MSC. We too love Carnival but on our last cruise in March got a better deal on NCL and surprisingly loved it, especially the FOOD lol. So true that we all have different tastes. Thanks for all the details about the Divine. You've given me a lot to mull over. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review!

Outstanding review!! Loved the details and pictures, but more so your colorful commentary. Your enthusiasm for cruising is contagious and it would be great fun to have you as a fellow shipmate! Looking to book a cruise with DH for December and decided to check out MSC. We too love Carnival but on our last cruise in March got a better deal on NCL and surprisingly loved it, especially the FOOD lol. So true that we all have different tastes. Thanks for all the details about the Divine. You've given me a lot to mull over. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review!

Thanks Carrie for reading my review and your wonderful compliments. You're more than welcome to jump on a ship I am on ANYTIME. As I said before our cruise in April 2018 is comprised of my family, and some friends I met on the Glory in 2015, we have kept in touch and they are bringing their families too, so I will be a happy to see them again.

My thing with NCL was probably comparing to much to Carnival, on MSC I went in with no expectations and glad I did. I liked the MSC brand and of course Captain Pier is an ex Carnival Captain. Maybe they are trying to model after Carnival but it felt like what I am use to, if you know what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved your review and all the Canadain content!! It is so important for people to go in with on open mind when cruising. That way you can have the greatest experience you can. Sometimes things go wrong, after all we are only human, but when you are open minded and are willing to compromise things can always be turned around. You can only take away from an experience what you put in to it!! Thanks HG for your extensive review.

I loved your review and all the Canadain content!! It is so important for people to go in with on open mind when cruising. That way you can have the greatest experience you can. Sometimes things go wrong, after all we are only human, but when you are open minded and are willing to compromise things can always be turned around. You can only take away from an experience what you put in to it!! Thanks HG for your extensive review.

Hi Pepcab and thank you for reading my review, and your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks for the review. It was informative as we just booked for a September 30 cruise to celebrate my birthday. The will be our 16th cruise but the first on MSC. We are really looking forward to getting back to great entertainment as other lines have really cut back we love live entertainment.

One question I have. You said on the 1st night you arrived at the show and only heard the last opera solo. Did they have just the one show or did they have a second Opera show later. We appreciate Opera and would not want to miss it.

Some information for you. Facebook has a page for people against Chair Hogs you might check that out. I know on other lines Princess and Carnival if you complain to the deck people they will remove items from lounges if they have been there a long time without someone there. There is also a movement, and I have done it, that if you have watched a lounger for 45 to 60 minutes you just move the towels. You may not be willing to do that but a lot of people do.

Thanks for the review. It was informative as we just booked for a September 30 cruise to celebrate my birthday. The will be our 16th cruise but the first on MSC. We are really looking forward to getting back to great entertainment as other lines have really cut back we love live entertainment.

One question I have. You said on the 1st night you arrived at the show and only heard the last opera solo. Did they have just the one show or did they have a second Opera show later. We appreciate Opera and would not want to miss it.

Some information for you. Facebook has a page for people against Chair Hogs you might check that out. I know on other lines Princess and Carnival if you complain to the deck people they will remove items from lounges if they have been there a long time without someone there. There is also a movement, and I have done it, that if you have watched a lounger for 45 to 60 minutes you just move the towels. You may not be willing to do that but a lot of people do.

Hi AZbeachboy thanks for reading. Yes there is another show on Italian night, I believe it was the Thursday night show.