Oddball Amsterdam/Holland question

wbrumel

We are taking a battery operated fan on our Norway fjords cruise (DW must be refrigerated or she gets very cranky ... part of why we only head north). Anyway, my nightmare is that the batteries die and I can't buy replacement "D" batteries in Amsterdam or Norway. I am trying to avoid bringing extras along due to luggage weight concerns. Anyone know if "D" batteries are available?

Yup, same types of batteries are available. (At least in Amsterdam - haven't been to Norway, but I believe it'll be the same.) But they may be called something else. A "D" cell is called a LR20 (I think, don't quote me on it!). So I'd recommend bringing the battery in with you to make sure you get the right one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Get a doctor's note -- then have your TA sent to HAL and arrange for a fan for your cabin.

For the last 15+ years I have had a medical condition where I need a fan blowing on my face at night.

I do use a fan at home at night -- even when the temperatures have been below zero.

I tried to take a very small 4" fan on a cruise. HAL took it away from me and returned it on the last day of the cruise. It would be best to have HAL set one up for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I tried to take a very small 4" fan on a cruise. HAL took it away from me and returned it on the last day of the cruise. It would be best to have HAL set one up for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why? I can't imagine it being a safety issue unless the blades were not covered.

Anyway, my nightmare is that the batteries die and I can't buy replacement "D" batteries in Amsterdam or Norway. I am trying to avoid bringing extras along due to luggage weight concerns. Anyone know if "D" batteries are available?

Yes, we have D batteries in Europe... and AAA and AA and C, and 9-Volt.

You don't need a doctors note. Our TA sets it up with HAL and we have one in the room on every cruise. She also gets us a power strip from HAL.

Agreed.

I have requested a Room fan on our last 4 cruises from our Room Steward on Embarkation day, with no problems. Received the fan within an hour each time.

I did request a room fan once via HAL's online Special Request Form and even though I received a confirmation email, no fan was waiting for me. Once agaon our Room Steward saved the day:)

Joanie