Boarding

malony33

Hi, everyone,

I haven't cruised for years - illness and marital problems - so forgive this very basic question: I'm sailing Equinox this October. What time does boarding begin? I want on ASAP so I can enjoy exploring the ship, getting a seat for lunch without a crowd problem, and feeling the freedom of doing whatever I want as I solo - cruise for the 1st time.

THANKS!:cool:

The ships usually allow you to board by 11:30 or so. Your room might not be ready tho. So plan on carrying the stuff you don't check upon boarding to the dining room/buffet. Make it manageable.

People start arriving around 10:30. Earlier than that and you can run into the cruisers leaving the ship.

We are on a late September Equinox cruise and we usually get to the ship around 10:30 to 11:00 for a 4 or 4:30 Sailing. Our ship however is leaving a bit earlier at 3:30 so we will probably take that into account.

I'm currently on the Equinox and we arrived at 10.15am, a little later then we wanted but due to traffic we were a little late, we were onboard just after 11am

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, everyone,

I haven't cruised for years - illness and marital problems - so forgive this very basic question: I'm sailing Equinox this October. What time does boarding begin? I want on ASAP so I can enjoy exploring the ship, getting a seat for lunch without a crowd problem, and feeling the freedom of doing whatever I want as I solo - cruise for the 1st time.

THANKS!:cool:

Congratulations on successfully working through your problems and bravely getting back on board as a solo traveler! I'm married, but still try to take a solo vacation every 1-2 years. Often I go somewhere first and spend a week or so on my own, then my husband joins me.

Traveling alone is so rewarding and I hope you love it as much as I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have mentioned, boarding usually starts around 11 AM. There is a pecking order on when people can board, suites, aqua, concierge and somewhere in there, zenith, elite+ and elite passengers, after which all others not in one of these categories will be allow to board. If you show up after 11 AM, you will most likely not have any waiting time for embarkation.