Balcony Guarantee question (Multiple reservations)

mikeysed

Hello,

I have a cruise booked; in my room is my wife and I - in the other room my father and my brother.

I have my CC number for mine and my father has his. We got assigned rooms and I prefer his room and he prefers my room. Is it possible to call them and switch. I booked through my TA who is my friend also. Can she do this on her end or is it possible for her to call Celebrity to do this?

Essentially, we just want to switch rooms but with a balcony guarantee I don't know if this is possible and we have 2 different reservation numbers.

Thanks for any help.

-Mike

Sure! When you board, go to the customer service desk and get your keys switched...it's not a big deal at all. Do NOT attempt to do this prior to boarding....it will get totally messed up, and it's not worth the hassle. It's easy to do once you've boarded.

Sure! When you board, go to the customer service desk and get your keys switched...it's not a big deal at all. Do NOT attempt to do this prior to boarding....it will get totally messed up, and it's not worth the hassle. It's easy to do once you've boarded.

Thanks for the suggestion. Once we do that, they will be able to update the names for the rooms and I have a King Bed and they have 2 beds, so they can set that up easily before we go to the room?

Thanks for the suggestion. Once we do that, they will be able to update the names for the rooms and I have a King Bed and they have 2 beds, so they can set that up easily before we go to the room?

Don't all rooms have a king bed that can be split into two single beds??

There's only a 50-50 chance they have it set up correctly to begin with. Just express your preference to your room steward when you see them and they will fix it. Agree to just switching onboard; your family has rooms it wants and far too good a chance of screwing things up if they change it ahead. Just make sure the people choose the perk they want; regardless of the room they want to move in to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

I have a cruise booked; in my room is my wife and I - in the other room my father and my brother.

I have my CC number for mine and my father has his. We got assigned rooms and I prefer his room and he prefers my room. Is it possible to call them and switch. I booked through my TA who is my friend also. Can she do this on her end or is it possible for her to call Celebrity to do this?

Essentially, we just want to switch rooms but with a balcony guarantee I don't know if this is possible and we have 2 different reservation numbers.

Thanks for any help.

-Mike

Hi Mike! I couldn't help but notice your post. We sailed with you and your lovely wife last November. Word to the wise....take it easy at sail away!:D

You will be getting off the Equinox as we get on her this year! Sorry we'll miss you. Have a great cruise!

Call the Captain's Club prior to sailing. They will be able to assist you in switching rooms. Of course, you can also do this after boarding, but if you can handle it earlier, why not? We have moved guaranteed cabins on previous cruises with no problems.

I, too, would just have the rooms reassigned once onboard .... they will reassign which credit card is associated with each room and make sure each key they provide is for the correct passenger. I would say it takes about three minutes to get it all set up once onboard.

I would, however, just have the beds set up the way you prefer before you go ... just so the poor room steward(s) don't have to redo both rooms. There are different sheets for singles and for doubles and it would be a shame if they had to do double the work on what is already a very busy day for them.