Earliest scheduled check-in time for Carnival Spirit out of Sydney

I know that the ship is almost always ready for boarding before the "official" time.

What I don't know is when is the "official" time? I might be in the first group, and would hate to wait my turn if my turn started an hour early.

Maybe you could post when your boarding time was, and whether you were able to board early or were sent away (thus, your time must not have been in the first group)?

Thanks!

I think Carnival is very strict about boarding times. We had priority boarding but I did notice there were two queues - one long one behind a sign that said 12:30pm, and another shorter one which was probably 1pm but I didn't actually see the sign.

We got to the terminal about midday, I think. We were able to go straight through to check-in but they weren't allowing the 12:30 people to check-in early.

Your check-in time should be on your cruise documents.

I agree, either show up at the designated time or later or a wait may be required.

Yes, except...if the 12:30PM people are the first group, and the ship is ready at 11:30AM, then it's not a problem to show up an hour early. Obviously if you're in the 3PM group, you can't show up at 11:30AM.

What I'm asking is which group is #1? I now know there's a 12:30PM group. Is there a 12PM group? 11:30AM group? What group do you need to be in to be first in line (other than Priority Boarding, of course)?

Thanks for the replies!

If your ship departs at 4:00 the first group is generally 11:30. if departure is at 6:00 the first boarders are at 12:00. it says on your boarding pass what time you board. My biggest bugbear is people with later trying to push-in or board earlier.. This is with every cruise lines. The first groups are generally the people in suites who have paid more & people with higher loyalty rewards. If you cruise a-lot & show loyalty you should be rewarded with this benefits. In The USA you pay extra to board earlier. It Called First to The Fun.

Oh don't forget you can drop luggage off from 8:30...

When you are doing all the online check-in stuff you get to select your check-in time, from whatever is left. If you booked late you may find that the earliest available option is mid-afternoon and there is no choice to select an earlier time.

The cruise we went on was a last minute cruise so I'm not sure when the options open - when you've paid your deposit, or after final payment. A friend who booked a June cruise in March went straight to the online check-in and scored an 11:30am time.

I think Carnival is very strict about boarding times. We had priority boarding but I did notice there were two queues - one long one behind a sign that said 12:30pm, and another shorter one which was probably 1pm but I didn't actually see the sign.

We got to the terminal about midday, I think. We were able to go straight through to check-in but they weren't allowing the 12:30 people to check-in early.

Your check-in time should be on your cruise documents.

This was our experience also. We have no priority with Carnival. Our group of 11 (4 separate reservations) had selected 1pm check-in. We arrived around 12:30 and by the time we all greeted one another & took photos etc it was around 12:45. We joined a queue marked 1:00pm - the other was marked 12:30 and was moving along.

People were being turned away by the agent apparently as they were too early - they stood off to the side, some looking glum :(.

Soon our line started to move thru & the sign on the other line changed to 1:30 & a line started forming.

All worked well. I suggest for Carnival the best option is to turn up at the scheduled time.