Chef's Table

Headed out next week and would consider the chefs table, but I don't eat seafood and probably wouldn't care for the lamb. Do they do substitutions on RCI? I did chefs table over Christmas on carnival and they did substitute my seafood for chicken. Would like to do it, but it depends on that...

Headed out next week and would consider the chefs table, but I don't eat seafood and probably wouldn't care for the lamb. Do they do substitutions on RCI? I did chefs table over Christmas on carnival and they did substitute my seafood for chicken. Would like to do it, but it depends on that...

If you visit guest relations in advance of your Chef's Table appointment they'll consult with the waiter and ensure that you have substitutions instead of the portions you wouldn't want to have.

I wish I had thought of that with the "crackling pork" portion at Chef's Table on Anthem. That was disgusting.

Great, Thanks for the info. Certainly may be looking forward to it now.

Chef's Table is a BLAST.....prepare to get your drink on and eating with others you don't know....we loved it. At the far end of our table there was this big family who never spoke to us and the "godfather" looking guy apparently didn't eat or say anything....he looked mad but that didn't stop the rest of us.

100% do it, we had so much fun! They will totally accomodate requests. There was one diner there who didn't communicate an allergy ahead of time and they had a new (beautiful) plate with an entirely different protein in front of them in minutes.

As a heads up, though... they don't hold back on those pours of wine. :)

I'm wanting to do the Chef's Table on our cruise, which is a cebration of our 20th wedding anniversary. Neither my wife nor I drink alcoholic beverages. Would they substitute alcoholic drinks with non-alcoholic beverages?

Chef"s Table is a pairing of wine and food , they serve still and sparkling water , may be chops would be better as you only paying for food .

Happy Anniversary :)

I'm wanting to do the Chef's Table on our cruise, which is a cebration of our 20th wedding anniversary. Neither my wife nor I drink alcoholic beverages. Would they substitute alcoholic drinks with non-alcoholic beverages?

Totally do it! We brought our girls (8 & 10). They brought out really fancy non alcoholic versions of what we were drinking. They also accommodated substitutions for them on the meal.

They will, but as someone else said, you're sort of losing part of the dining experience if you don't pair the wine. I myself do not drink, in general, but will do so at Chef's Table. Its probably the only time on the cruise where I will actually drink alcohol.

Check your cruise planner, we booked chefs table last week and they were offering 20% off. Went from 95 to 80, only Royal would call that 20%. happy cruising

What ship and sailing date are you going taglovestocruise? I booked chef's table last month and have not seen it go on sale yet.

What ship and sailing date are you going taglovestocruise? I booked chef's table last month and have not seen it go on sale yet.

We just booked it a couple days ago for the Independence TA this October. The cruise planner had discounts for dining, beverage, and excursions. happy cruising

We did Chef's Table on the Jewel last year and one of our CC participants didn't drink. They received a reduction on their bill which was around $20 less. Talk to the coordinator ahead of time which in our case was the manager of Chops.

We just booked it a couple days ago for the Independence TA this October. The cruise planner had discounts for dining, beverage, and excursions. happy cruising

We are on Oasis in August. It still is not on sale, but I will keep checking now that I know its a possibility. Thanks and happy cruising to you also.

Is the Chef's table done once per cruise or at any time on any evening of the cruise? When I did a mock booking for it, they asked what day and time I would prefer?

Yes, it is held every night, but only one sitting per night. If that makes sense. :confused: I believe they only accommodate up to 16 people per night.