El Yunque Rainforest in San Juan

There are three different excursions for the El Yunque Rainforest in San Juan - one is a drive ($49), one is a hike ($69), and one is an adventure ($139). The overviews are all basically the same - bus tour and nature hike, exploring the rainforest. So what really is the difference besides the price? Can someone tell me which one is better? What are your experiences/opinions?

Not sure I have your answer, but we did the same tour but with a local agency at the port. Bus ride over to the park, a fun but relative slippery portion and then a nice/kinda strenuous up hill portion to the bus pick up. I rather enjoyed it.

I did a tour with a local company, not the cruise. Many local small companies that do it. They literally picked us up in a jeep and took the 4 of us to some great spots in the forest....even when swimming under a waterfall.

There are three different excursions for the El Yunque Rainforest in San Juan - one is a drive ($49), one is a hike ($69), and one is an adventure ($139). The overviews are all basically the same - bus tour and nature hike, exploring the rainforest. So what really is the difference besides the price? Can someone tell me which one is better? What are your experiences/opinions?

Many reviews here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/shore-excursions/excursion/4924/

Option 1 - don't bother unless you feel like sitting in a bus for 3 hours straight just driving around looking out a window

Option 2 - do this one if you actually want the above, but also want a 1 hour walk within trees in the hiking paths

Option 3 - this is the one you should do.... google La Mina Trail, La Mina Waterfall, La Coca Falls & Yokahu Tower and lookout.

You get what you pay for.

There's not many picture reviews of El Yunque on CC... if you want I'll post a couple

Hi

We did the #2 package on our last cruise . We found it very good for us and interesting.We will most likely do it again in Feb . As we have newbies with us on their first cruise . That covers just about all . We want to do in the Rain Forest. Enjoy your cruise:D

Sunny beaches , Cool drinks ,Cruising time

kruise runner:cool:

Four of us booked a private tour with Ellis tours. Did a mild hike through the rain forest and waterfall. Stopped at a pig roast on the way back. Had a blast! Nice newer Ford SUV for transportation. Price was about $80 pp. Definitely worth it. We could stop whenever we wanted for photos etc. We would definitely use them again in San Juan.