Civitavecchia - End of Cruise How to get to Train with Luggage????

hubofhockey

Our cruise ends in Civitavecchia on a Friday morning. Each of us will have one large rolling suit case. I do remember walking to the train station from Civitavecchia for a day in Rome. Does the cruise line or the port provide shuttles for when cruises end to get to the end of the port? Also, do those shuttles have room for luggage? If we have to, we'll take a taxi from the port to the train station, but I would think taxis don't want to make that trip. Our train for LaSpezia (connection before heading to Cinque Terre) leaves at 10:47 am. We will have plenty of time to get to train. I am just trying to find the easiest way to get to the train station with luggage after our cruise. Thanks.

The port shuttle has a luggage compartment but it takes you to Largo della Pace. There you can take another shuttle (2 Euro) to the train station. The walk would be 20 min.

Taxis should be also available even for the shorter trip to the train station.

steamboats

The port shuttle has a luggage compartment but it takes you to Largo della Pace. There you can take another shuttle (2 Euro) to the train station. The walk would be 20 min.

Taxis should be also available even for the shorter trip to the train station.

steamboats

Thanks. I have done the walk before, just not with luggage. The walk seemed closer to ten minutes, but that was six years ago and I could be mistaken. We'll play it be ear and take into account the weather, among other things.

Thanks. I have done the walk before, just not with luggage. The walk seemed closer to ten minutes, but that was six years ago and I could be mistaken. We'll play it be ear and take into account the weather, among other things.

They moved the port entrance to a different location about 3-4 years ago; it's now about twice as far from the train station as it previously was (when it was located near the fort).

They moved the port entrance to a different location about 3-4 years ago; it's now about twice as far from the train station as it previously was (when it was located near the fort).

Okay, thanks. Taxi from port wins. Since our train is at 10:47 and most people will be gone by 9 am, it probably won't be too hard to find a taxi.

we just did this after our transatlantic to Civitavecchia. We each had one rolling suitcase and our backpacks. We took shuttle to bus station. Then another shuttle bus to train station. Then train to Rome. It was pretty easy to figure out. On both shuttles, there was plenty of storage. Even if you take a cab, you still have to carry luggage up steps for the train.

Did this 2 weeks ago. Disembarked at 7:30 and took the port shuttle to Largo della Pace. From there it was an easy 20 minute walk to the train station. Arrived at the station before 8:30 and took the 8:42 to Rome Termini.