Transportation(cheapest) from Port Canaval after cruise to ft. lauderdale airport

sydney777

Hi, There are only 2 of us and want to know the cheapest way to get to Ft. Lauderdale airport after cruise in June. Has anyone found a shuttle cheaper than $15 each or if you take a taxi how much is it? Thanks for any input I will be at Port Canaval

Hi, There are only 2 of us and want to know the cheapest way to get to Ft. Lauderdale airport after cruise in June. Has anyone found a shuttle cheaper than $15 each or if you take a taxi how much is it? Thanks for any input I will be at Port Canaval

If you are really going from FLL airport to Port Canaveral, I suggest a one-way rental car.

If you are going from FLL airport to Port Everglades, then I'd go with a taxi.

True story... this thread made me relive it. I booked airfare for a family friend who needed help. He told me he cruise left from Port Everglades... so we booked him a flight to FLL. He even confirmed it and assured me all was good. Long story short, he got a taxi to the "port" and their was no cruise ship. After talking to a security guard, he realized he needed to be at Port Canaveral. I guess he got his PORTS mixed up. He took about 5 minutes to figure out how he was gonna make it and if he could. A private car service assured him he could do it... and they did... right in the nick of time. He called me along the way. I felt so bad... had I looked at the cruise itinerary, I would have known. But he did not even bring that to show me. He just told me he needed a flight that day to Port Everglades. We joke about it now, but I don't make anymore flight arrangements for him! :o

Definitely make sure you have the correct port information! That is a long drive between FLL and Port Canaveral. I just drove from Miami to PC 3 weeks ago and it took nearly 4 hours. FLL isn't that far from Miami, so you are looking at a loooooong drive. DEFINITELY rent a car. It is easy, inexpensive (I think we paid $63 for a 1 day rental of an SUV with Alamo) and the car rental places have shuttle buses at the ports to take you to their offices. Just make sure you have your paperwork to prove your reservation. Found out after disembarking from our Miami cruise that you had to provide paperwork to the Alamo shuttle driver that we had a reservation before he would load our luggage onto the shuttle to take us to the airport. Not sure if all places are like that, but it is better to be prepared (I was).

Hi, There are only 2 of us and want to know the cheapest way to get to Ft. Lauderdale airport after cruise in June. Has anyone found a shuttle cheaper than $15 each or if you take a taxi how much is it? Thanks for any input I will be at Port Everglades;p

Hi, There are only 2 of us and want to know the cheapest way to get to Ft. Lauderdale airport after cruise in June. Has anyone found a shuttle cheaper than $15 each or if you take a taxi how much is it? Thanks for any input I will be at Port Everglades;p

Don't bother with a shuttle, a taxi for a party of two will be quicker and less expensive than a shuttle. Probably less than $20 total.

Don't bother with a shuttle, a taxi for a party of two will be quicker and less expensive than a shuttle. Probably less than $20 total.

But remember to tell the Taxi driver that you are going to the Fort Lauderdale Airport. It will be a lot more than $20 to take you to Fort Worth. :D

Of course you might be able to pick up some extra cash for the fare if you swing by Fort Knox on the way.;)

In February, we used Lyft from the Hampton Inn north of FLL to pier 2 at PE. It was only about $8-ish including tip.

Could watch exactly where driver was and he could "see" where we were standing outside hotel. Paid with credit card via the phone...tip too! We aren't exactly tech people but this wasn't difficult at all. We'll gladly use this service again!

I had done some prior research on Lyft and Uber and decided on Lyft for this trip. You can decide who you want to use.

Also, look at the Florida Homeport board as there are many threads/discussions/reports on getting to/from airport & pier.