Aft facing suites

TOURMAN857

After all the hype on here about aft wraps, when we were offered one for the last 3 weeks of our 4-week cruise on the NA, we moved from a beautiful SS. Big mistake. It was more like a downgrade, the cabin itself was smaller and with less closets and desk space, nowhere near as nice as the SS - and most of the balcony was unusable much of the time due to being so windy. The part directly facing aft was OK, and that explained why all the balcony furniture was crowded into that section. We have taken upsells to Neptune on almost all of our cruises but I sure wouldn't take an aft wrap again. I love the midship SS cabins and will stick with those in future unless we are offered a midship Neptune.

I don't know about cabin size, but I think the aft balconies on NA and Eurodam aren't as large as the ones on the Vistas because the way the back of the ship is squared off, so that could make the trade less attractive.

We have had one on the zuinderdam (spelling) and would not have one again. Yes huge wraparound balcony but due to wind etc not usable. The regular SS much better and closer to the NS

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have had one on the zuinderdam (spelling) and would not have one again. Yes huge wraparound balcony but due to wind etc not usable. The regular SS much better and closer to the NS

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you mean SA? The SS are not able to use the Neptune Lounge. The SA are bigger than these SB in room size but not as large on the balcony.

It's good everyone likes something different. Otherwise they would never fill a ship because everyone wanted to same rooms.

I had wondered if I was offered an upsrll to the Pinnacle Suite if I'd even take it over my aft corner and decided I would not....but they filled anyway so no decision had to be made :)

Do you mean SA? The SS are not able to use the Neptune Lounge. The SA are bigger than these SB in room size but not as large on the balcony.

It's good everyone likes something different. Otherwise they would never fill a ship because everyone wanted to same rooms.

I had wondered if I was offered an upsrll to the Pinnacle Suite if I'd even take it over my aft corner and decided I would not....but they filled anyway so no decision had to be made :)

I've wondered the same thing. I've never been given the chance to make that decision, either.

• 2 weeks later...
We have been on the partial transits of the canal twice in aft Neptune Suites. They are the very best. We didn't need to leave our balcony during the entire transit process. I only left our balcony and visitors to pick up Panama Buns from the Lido Market for all.

Here is a link to the photographs from our aft balcony:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/panama-canal/panama-canal-westbound-gatun-locks/

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/panama-canal/panama-canal-eastbound/

Thank you for all the wonderful info. We booked 5191. Can't wait!!!!

We just booked an SB Suite. It is listed as a Pinnacle Suite (SB 5191). It does have a wrap-around balcony. At least it's SUPPOSED to. ;)

• 1 year later...

:)Those are only cabins we book! They are amazing and well worth price. Excellent for 3 people (3rd cost less than $400). We are about to do our 3rd one in year, Zuiderdam to Baltic. We were on Zuiderdam to Panama Canal in Alaska last Dec and Noordam in Alaska week of Hune 3, 2017. Just the Neptune lounge alone is worth it!