Flight time after Adventure of the seas

We will be on Adventure arriving back in San Juan on December 2nd. If I book a 10:50am flight how early would we need to be off the ship? My husband is concerned we would need to rush to get to the airport and be stressed all morning. If we book that we can be back home about 4 hours earlier than the later flight.

Otherwise if we book the later flight. Are there restaurants in SJU where we could go and have a leisurely breakfast/early lunch? I'm guessing we would have probably 3-4 hours in the airport before our flight if we booked the 1:30 flight.

What would you do?

If I had a 10:50am flight, I would try to be off the ship, in front of the terminal no later than 8:30am.

There is a restaurant called Barranchina that will store your bags for free and also has excellent food and drinks. I don't know if they serve breakfast, but they do serve lunch.

I would ask for an early debarkation time slot or do self assist debarkation. As Bob mentioned, you should try to be off by 8:30. The ride to the airport is 20-25 minutes. Grab a TAXI to the airport. DO NOT board one of the shuttle buses. They can take a long time to fill up and it will be a lot later when you arrive at the airport. I would not be at all concerned with a 10:50 flight as long as you can get off early and you take a taxi.

I was in the exact same situation when choosing flight times for our September Adventure sailing. We ended up choosing the 1:30 option. I don't want the added stress just to get home a few hours earlier. Our plan is to stay on the ship until as late as possible, enjoy a leisurely breakfast and mimosa before heading to the airport. No biggie sitting around the airport a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your replies. We ended up picking the afternoon option. We really are not morning people and just didn't want the added stress on our last vacation day. For all of our past cruises we stayed in the port city an extra day and then flew home, but this time decided to just head home right away Saturday so we could have Sunday to relax and catch up on laundry and grocery shopping before heading back to work on Monday.

We recently sailed out of Puerto Rico and had a 10:30am flight. We did self assist and were off the ship at 7am and at the airport through security by 7:30. No lines for customs, taxi to the airport or security.

We recently sailed out of Puerto Rico and had a 10:30am flight. We did self assist and were off the ship at 7am and at the airport through security by 7:30. No lines for customs, taxi to the airport or security.

We were off Adventure at 7:30am and at our gate before 9:00am for our 10:30am flight...not my choice of flight time ultimately, but we had had 6 flight changes with AA when booking in November for a May cruise.