New Year's Eve

cindyg1963

My daughter and I will be taking our first cruise in December, out of Galveston, over New Year's. Common sense tells me New Year's Eve will probably be formal night, but I'm wondering what to expect. I'm up for dressing to the "nines" for the night, but I'm curious what others have experienced as far as dressing, entertainment, etc. with New Year's on a cruise.

Thanks!

My daughter and I will be taking our first cruise in December, out of Galveston, over New Year's. Common sense tells me New Year's Eve will probably be formal night, but I'm wondering what to expect. I'm up for dressing to the "nines" for the night, but I'm curious what others have experienced as far as dressing, entertainment, etc. with New Year's on a cruise.

Thanks!

New Year's Eve cruises tend to be very exciting and a lot of fun we have done to it love to each of them I think you'll find the same. You are correct it will be a Cruise elegant night

Sent from my iPhone

Lots of NYE cruises over the past few years, and coinciding with that is the more casual dinner dress for Carnival. There is so much going on including the atrium party at 11pm and then the countdown on deck you'd do fine in more casual dress. I've worn khakis and a Tommy Bahama as standard fare for dress for that evening and all the rest of the Cruise Elegant nights.

You're in for a super vacation.

Depends upon the boat/crowd. One Carnival cruise they didn't make it an elegant night because it didn't fall on the scheduled elegant night. Cruise director indicated he was leaving it up to people to decide themselves rather than make it mandatory.

Carnival did have a great party with a DJ by the pool, but it was a little odd having the younger folks in suits/dresses and the older crowd in shorts and aloha shirts.

We have done NYE cruises the last 6 years on various cruise lines and have found in general the "younger" crowd seems to like dressing up more than the more mature crowd. Younger demo on cruise, dressier NYE. Just our experience, but you will have a great time regardless!

Free champagne, noisemakers, hats given out. Make sure you get out on Lido - great deck party with music and dancing, along with Times Square countdown and ball drop shown on Lido screen. One of our favorite times to cruise!