Live from Empress - May 20, 2017 (Key West, Havana, and Cozumel)

There is an HDMI port on the TV. We did not personally try it but heard from another cruiser that they brought a cable and used it to connect their device so their child could watch cartoons.

Our cabin had USB plugs on the underside of the two bedside lamps which was very cool for charging phone while using it as an alarm clock....they were not marked and almost invisible, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is an HDMI port on the TV. We did not personally try it but heard from another cruiser that they brought a cable and used it to connect their device so their child could watch cartoons.

Our cabin had USB plugs on the underside of the two bedside lamps which was very cool for charging phone while using it as an alarm clock....they were not marked and almost invisible, lol.

I wonder if different cabins have different lights? I can't find the USB port on my bedside lights. That definitely would have come in handy.

Thanks for the info on the TV. It did occur to me that, if this is used for streaming, I'm surprised it worked well. Internet was HORRIBLE. I now know why there aren't many live reports from her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info - I can feel something along the wall, but can't get a good photo. I do wonder, if this is for streaming, that the service would be awful (internet is HORRIBLE), but downloaded items should work.

I looked all over my bedside lamps and don't see anything! I did look a little when I boarded also - was a little surprised when I didn't see any USB ports as Empress was remodeled as the newest ships were being built with them. Maybe not all rooms have them?

Final day was full of cruise classics.

Love & Marriage

4c963abe207b17c2101151a2ef133711.jpg

Final production show "Three". A smaller version of Quantum's "Feathers and Sequins". I may have preferred Bailamos a bit better.

00febd922a197c07948b935e1a36dde1.jpg

7a10b2edfb445c1317acd6916a53c516.jpg

590c04457b3f336d8a9b59cbabf9b13e.jpg

Thanks for the info - I can feel something along the wall, but can't get a good photo. I do wonder, if this is for streaming, that the service would be awful (internet is HORRIBLE), but downloaded items should work.

Well, duh, the TV moves.

91a753100fdbac6b14c9c449cbc16389.jpg

There are currently Oasis level lines to disembark. Flavio, the Activities Manager, just stopped by to apologize and say immigration was doing face to face checks (not sure what that means, but it's taking a long time.). I got in line at 8:54.

On the plus side, I see Southwest gave me TSA pre check. Love when that happens!

We just got the email yesterday saying we needed to have 2 copies of the Cuba Travel Certificate with us. We already submitted the form to our travel agent and did not know to keep another copy. Did you actually need to have copies of this on hand when you boarded and during the rest of the cruise? Thanks!

We just got the email yesterday saying we needed to have 2 copies of the Cuba Travel Certificate with us. We already submitted the form to our travel agent and did not know to keep another copy. Did you actually need to have copies of this on hand when you boarded and during the rest of the cruise? Thanks!

I don't know why your travel agent needs this?

When you get to the Tampa terminal you stop at a desk first before you get in line to check in. Here, you fill out the "are you sick" form and give Royal one copy of this affidavit (they have copies if you didn't bring.)

You are supposed to keep a copy yourself for, I think, US government reasons for 10 years? Nobody asked me for this copy - don't need to provide it when going into Havana. Will let you know what immigration does. I read that somebody just took a photo of what they signed.

Have my bags and out the door a little before 10. Am currently in a shuttle bus to airport, $8 a person, available right outside the doors.

Not sure why we barely moved for 40 minutes only (line snaked through theatre to Schooner Bar as far back as Photo Gallery...if not further) to finally move non-stop. We were told they were taking fingerprints, but that didn't happen to me. I was also told that everyone needed to be off the ship by 10, but I can't imagine immigration would worry about that. Whatever the reason, I should make my noon flight. Hopefully.

This was AWESOME, I already had Alaska booked for this summer, when this itinerary came out. I live in Missouri, so basically have to fly to [emoji568], but am looking at Cuba for 2018!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

a607ab675d0e447a07c6d894870a6ea0.jpg

My plane just landed and I'll be driving into work.

I hope everyone found my review useful. It may not have been the most interesting or fun, but wanted to share some information that I had been looking for in other reviews. Will look over photos to fill in.

Thanks everyone for responding so positively!

Thanks, this is perfect! It's the little details sometimes that are the hardest to find confirmation of ahead of time :)

I'm not planning on streaming anything, just hooking a laptop up with a bunch of shows and movies I already have downloaded that I need to catch up on. So this will work out nicely.

I really appreciate all the posts, especially the detailed pictures of the menus, stairs, etc.

Well, duh, the TV moves.

91a753100fdbac6b14c9c449cbc16389.jpg