double payment of fare

andy1000

P and ) took £3600 out of my bank account on Friday. I had already paid for the cruise earlier this year. Now I am overdrawn in my bank and have hand no confirmation from P and O about the error. They put a link on their web site which does not work.

Carnival should be responsible for this obvious error. What should i do?

Hi, firstly they know there is an issue and I think it will be resolved, however that's not likely to be much comfort to you if you are unexpectedly -£3600.

I think there was some guidance issued but I would be inclined to email them them and explain the impact of this illegitimate transaction. In my opinion this should include details (with evidence if possible) of:

- Financial hardship as a direct result of the debit

- Costs in terms of bank charges or loss of interest and dividends on any money you have had to transfer from other investments to keep you financially viable

- Stress, worry and embarrassment resulting in an affect on your wellbeing

I would state that you expect the transaction to be reversed as a matter of urgency, any financial costs incurred be refunded and that you are adequately compensated for the stress and the time you have spent trying to resolve the situation and ensure your financial stability in the time you were affected.

I would insist that all financial losses are rectified by a cash settlement, I suspect they will offer OBC for other costs.

I think it is worth telling them that you understand that this is not the first time P&O have made such errors and whilst it was a result of the third party administration, your contract is with them and they have a responsibility to ensure that those they choose to appoint to have responsibility for financial transactions, must have sufficient safeguards in place to ensure integrity of the process.

These incidents severely reduce confidence and damage reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't see this email? View it online

P&O Cruises

Important information

Dear Akram Ebied,

I want to inform you that we have been notified by our third party payment processor that they incorrectly processed a pre-authorisation transaction yesterday against your card. This has been reversed overnight. As a consequence, no monies have been taken from your account. We apologise if this has caused you any concern or any inconvenience.

We are able to confirm that this was not a result of a security breach and that no personal information has been compromised.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, we recommend in the first instance you contact your bank who has been made aware of this situation. If they are not able to resolve the matter, we recommend that your bank contacts Elavon Merchant Services on this number 0345 600 0292. This information is also shown on our website at brand specific website http://www.pocruises.com

Kind regards

Paul Ludlow

Senior Vice President, P&O Cruises

P&O Cruises

P&O Cruises is a trading name of Carnival plc, a company incorporated in England with company number 04039524 and with registered office at Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton SO15 1ST. VAT reg no: GB 761 4300 58. ATOL 6294 ABTA V8764.

AbtaAtol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received this email yesterday.

I have already paid phoned the number mentioned a man replied Payment was not processed I replied to him I will phone P&O tomorrow to verify .

I hope nobody was caught with this scam.

I don't think it's a scam - it's an error in the processing of payments made by P&O's intermediary Elavon. The problem is that this 2nd payment which has been erroneously taken from your account is now 'tied up' in a pending payment. This payment apparently won't go through but in the meantime is not available to you and may very well put a current account into the red until the payment is returned. This, we are told could take up to 7 working days.

• 7 months later...
As British subject do I need visa to USA our cruise 35 nights Southampton USA cruise

Yes you need an ESTA which you can apply for on line, just make sure you are on the official US Govt site or you will pay extra.

I would double check, if you are a British subject rather than a citizen you may need a visa rather than an ESTA. From the US embassy website -

"United Kingdom Passport holders please note:**A passport indicating that the bearer is a British Subject, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British National (Overseas) Citizen, or British Protected Person does not qualify for travel without a visa."