Cruise Planner and Excursions

Quick Questions-

1. If I book excursions through cruise planner, I am assuming that the charges will appear on my next credit card statement. If they become cheaper and I cancel and repurchase, will it just be refunded and recharged?

2. Also, my cruise is in 3 months, do you think I've missed any sales promotion opportunity?

3. And finally, do they offer more excursions on the ship? (ones not found on cruise planner?)

Thanks!

:)

2. The sales are very hard to predict - for one of my recent cruises the sale was a month before the cruise. That being said you can book an excursion and then if there is a sale, cancel it and rebook.

3. In my experience the only "excursions" that might not show up on cruise planner are the ones at the end of the cruise that involve an airport or hotel drop off (I.e. for a couple of hours they give you a tour or a trip to a local tourist attraction and then drop you off at the airport/ hotel).

1. You can cancel you excursions at any time. Although in my own experience I've never seen the price go down.

2. Have you missed any promotions? Hard to say for sure. Some people love to price watch, others accept the price the pay and try not to watch. Where/when are you going and when did you book, maybe somebody can remember?

3. The planner and onboard are usually the same. The exception can be if there was a sold out excursions and somebody cancels. The other option for excursions is to book one yourself. You'll find more discussion about those choices over in the ports of call area.

I have never seen excursions discounted for a cruise, but I could be wrong. Once I book through my cruise planner, I don't ever compare prices with booking on the ship. I didn't know excursions booked in your planner could be cheaper. We will sometimes book excursions ahead of time too.

I have seen the cruise planner start with minimum excursions months ahead and then as the sailing date gets closer, they will add more excursions. I believe what you see two or three months ahead is what you will see on board.

It doesn't happen often, but I have seen in the Cruise Planner, certain excursions not selling well, discounted 20%. I was able to cancel and rebook our same excursions for the discounted rate with no problem. You would have to keep checking the Cruise Planner for the discount and at times, someone will post on Roll Calls, that certain excursions are being discounted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our Anthem Cruise last march, we had purchased many excursions and beverage packages that were discounted a few times prior to our sailing.

The Parasailing we purchased was discounted. So we cancelled and re-booked about a month before sailing

The Coco Cay Beach Bungalow rental we purchased was discounted. So we cancelled and re-booked about 3 months before sailing

The Kids soda package pricing went up soon after we purchased and even when discounted, they never went a low as the price we had so we kept them as they were (Purchased about 420 days out)

My DW and my Ultimate bev package were discounted and combined as a combo with VOOM package, so we purchased the new combo package, and once it was confirmed, we cancelled the old ultimate package.

I scrutinized my credit card statement and every cancellation was processed within 2 to 5 days after.

dp

Do the excursion discountss get posted with a "banner" to announce it or do you have to know the numbers?

Sort of a combination of both. The way that the coding on the Cruise Planner website is done, the banners may not display on all devices or web browsers. If you have already purchased an excursion it is easy enough to go back and check on your confirmation emails, but for the most part, you can also rely on your Roll Call Friends. There are usually at least a few per cruise that are super organized with charts and excel spreadsheets with all the pricing and stuff :p

Sometimes you have to do the math to see if it is worth it because they sometimes create combo packages. Like the Deluxe Beverage and one device VOOM was just a little bit more expensive than the Bev package alone, but the bev package had an 18% service charge and the combo had only a 14.5% service charge, so the total was actually lower on the combo.

I seen a few occasions where it was cheaper to buy 4 separate single device VOOM packages than it was to buy the 4 device package.

A few times I received an email from RCI that there was a sale going on, with a big counting down timer on it. Other times, it was just on sale in the cruise planner and I found out about it on CC.

dp

Sales going on right now for many excursions, as well as drink/voom combo. For example Labadee zip line or wave runner is $76. As others have said, you just have to keep watching your planner. And for excursions check each port since not all excursions are on sale.