Question for transatlantic cruisers

we are looking at the symphony and the jewel for next oct/nov.

Like the idea of going to Barcelona again, new ship.

Also like the idea of a couple of days in Rome and that it makes a couple of stops along the way.

Neg - not much to do on Jewel, symphony is more expensive

Pos - the price on jewel is very good, entertainment on symphony

Thoughts? Thanks!

Well we're booked on the Jewel TA so that gets my vote!

We're not great fans of the mega ships, to me it feels more like a theme park and for a TA especially I want to feel like I'm on a ship. We did Brilliance TA last October and it was great, plenty to do every day and certainly not boring.

Jewel is a great price and has a few nice stops along the way, but at the end of the day it probably depends on which size ship you prefer.

Maybe see you onboard,

Julie

Same here, done a T/A on the big ship(Allure) and like the Radiance class best(Jewel), and the Vision class next.

Not a bad cruise on the big ships, just a personal preference.

I would focus on which city do you want to be in: Barcelona or Rome. I have been to both and if you have never been, I would choose Rome. Plan a minimum of four days in Rome, maybe three in Barcelona.

Rome: Vatican, Coliseum, Catacombs in the countryside (Appian Way, Aqueducts, etc), and all the usual.

Barcelona: La Sagrada Familia, Monserrat, and generally walking around Barcelona.

I would focus on which city do you want to be in: Barcelona or Rome. I have been to both and if you have never been, I would choose Rome. Plan a minimum of four days in Rome, maybe three in Barcelona.

Rome: Vatican, Coliseum, Catacombs in the countryside (Appian Way, Aqueducts, etc), and all the usual.

Barcelona: La Sagrada Familia, Monserrat, and generally walking around Barcelona.

We have been to both Barcelona and Rome.

Do you want to be one of the first people to experience Symphony?

If you're not so interested in a new ship and the inevitable hiccups, the Jewel is your choice.

Radiance Class ships are really beautiful.

Barcelona is a great town.

Flip a coin.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I've done a T/A on the Allure both as a guest and crew and i loved it. Another thing you might want to take into consideration is that on a smaller ship, you feel the motion of the ocean more than on big ships. My last T/A on the AL we had rough seas for the first 4-5 days once we entered the open ocean, with waves to deck 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done a T/A on the Allure both as a guest and crew and i loved it. Another thing you might want to take into consideration is that on a smaller ship, you feel the motion of the ocean more than on big ships. My last T/A on the AL we had rough seas for the first 4-5 days once we entered the open ocean, with waves to deck 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. We experienced pretty rough seas on the quantum trans

Since you have seen both embarkation cities, that part is a toss-up.

What I prefer is the proximity of the cities to the cruise terminal. In Barcelona, it's a 10-15 cab ride at most. In Rome, 1 1/2 hour ride from city to port.

Personally, we have been to both cities many times as well, but due to the distance and expense of travelling to the port, if all else is equal, we prefer Barcelona over Rome.

Good luck!