Time to kill in Fort Lauderdale post-cruise. Suggestions?

j3000

Looks like we might have approx. 4 hours to kill in Fort Lauderdale between the time we disembark and the time we have to be at airport (flight departs at 2:45pm)

Date is Saturday, June 17. Any suggestions what to do, where to go-other than waiting at FLL? 60+ couple, BTW, and bear in mind no car & 2 suitcases (we'd look sweet dragging them up the beach!) :)

Hello

Last fall we took a cab to the airport, used" Bags to go '. a kiosk at the airport and left our bags there. Then we took the free "Sunshine Trolley". into Ft Lauderdale. We walked along the waterway, jumped on the free water taxi fir a tour, and found a nice restaurant for a light afternoon meal before heading back to the airport. We made sure we got off the ship early and had more time to explore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our flight home is at 4, last time we had a 4pm flight and sat in the airport for 5-6 hours. I would rather be out in the Florida sun for a little while more. I did not know they had that option and we may just do that. Or check our bags, get our boarding passes and head back out. We live in Michigan and I want to enjoy it as long as possible!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just sat In the airport on Saturday for 4.5 hours. FLL airport is a zoo on the Saturday after a cruise so allow plenty of time! People not knowing what they are doing, language issues for some, limited food, long security questions, and limited charging stations. Dirty and loud-

Hello

Last fall we took a cab to the airport, used" Bags to go '. a kiosk at the airport and left our bags there. Then we took the free "Sunshine Trolley". into Ft Lauderdale. We walked along the waterway, jumped on the free water taxi fir a tour, and found a nice restaurant for a light afternoon meal before heading back to the airport. We made sure we got off the ship early and had more time to explore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bags to Go is located in each terminal: http://www.bagstogo.net.

The Sun Trolley (http://www.suntrolley.com) runs a free trolley to/from the airport on the weekends. Check out the Airport Link on the website. Alternatively a taxi/uber to/from downtown or the beach isn't that expensive.

Have you considered a post cruise tour offered by your cruise line? Alot of people have recommended the Everglades airboat one (we did this on our own - long story - and loved it)? That way your luggage is with you on the bus and they take you to the airport afterwards.

Looks like we might have approx. 4 hours to kill in Fort Lauderdale between the time we disembark and the time we have to be at airport (flight departs at 2:45pm)

Date is Saturday, June 17. Any suggestions what to do, where to go-other than waiting at FLL? 60+ couple, BTW, and bear in mind no car & 2 suitcases (we'd look sweet dragging them up the beach!) :)

You need to be at the airport checking your bags by 1:30 PM, so you really don't have the time to do anything other than a post cruise excursion, especially considering you have luggage to deal with.

But...If you get up and get off the ship early, you could go to the airport, check your luggage with Bags To Go (or whatever) then catch the free Sun Trolley to Downtown (Saturday & Sunday only). You will have to pay close attention to time, though, because the Trolley only runs once an hour departing from FLL on the hour and I believe the return Trolley leaves Downtown at the bottom of the hour. That means the last Trolley you could catch from Downtown would be at 12:30 PM to be on the safe side.

http://www.suntrolley.com/routes-schedules-fares/airport/

But...By the time you pay for transportation to the airport and bag storage, you might as well rent a car. If it's on the weekend you will probably be able to get a decent weekend rate.

With a check-in of 1:30pm for a 2:45pm flight, your other option is to just relax on board and do a late disembarkation at 10am, or the latest time you may be allowed. That may lessen your waiting time at the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You need to be at the airport checking your bags by 1:30 PM, so you really don't have the time to do anything other than a post cruise excursion, especially considering you have luggage to deal with.

But...If you get up and get off the ship early, you could go to the airport, check your luggage with Bags To Go (or whatever) then catch the free Sun Trolley to Downtown (Saturday & Sunday only). You will have to pay close attention to time, though, because the Trolley only runs once an hour departing from FLL on the hour and I believe the return Trolley leaves Downtown at the bottom of the hour. That means the last Trolley you could catch from Downtown would be at 12:30 PM to be on the safe side.

http://www.suntrolley.com/routes-schedules-fares/airport/

But...By the time you pay for transportation to the airport and bag storage, you might as well rent a car. If it's on the weekend you will probably be able to get a decent weekend rate.

We looked into renting a car as well - but you have to get to the airport to do that so why waste the time and money? The cab ride was about $12 - fixed rates I believe from the terminal, and the bags were $8 each - so our cost was less than $30 - the trolley to Las Olas was free! And you can reserve space at Bags on line before you go!

Hotels

Looking for one night pre cruise and two nights post cruise. Any recommendations. Would like to be near liquor stores and grocery store pre cruise. Thanks

Is this for the same cruise mentioned on another thread:

I've tried two times to book Hyatt place using Value trips and got no response. I emailed twice and left a voice mail. What should I do? I'm looking fir a precruise hotel for early November. Starting to feel it's a rip off company.

Thanks for any advise. :)

If so, you never responded as to the dates in early November (which could be over the International Boat Show weekend). What are the dates and what is your budget?

Hotels

Looking for one night pre cruise and two nights post cruise. Any recommendations. Would like to be near liquor stores and grocery store pre cruise. Thanks

Hi, if you post this as a separate topic you will get more replies [emoji846]

Check Trip Advisor forum. Also, are you requesting Fort Lauderdale or Miami? How much are you willing to spend? You need to specify a little more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With a check-in of 1:30pm for a 2:45pm flight, your other option is to just relax on board and do a late disembarkation at 10am, or the latest time you may be allowed. That may lessen your waiting time at the airport.

Yep, that is exactly what I was going to say as well.

FLL has free WiFi, if you're so interested. It's not that bad a place to spend time. For a flight at that time, I'd rather be at the airport, safely through security enjoying a leisurely coffee than out on an excursion and worrying about the time. Obviously, JMHO. :D:D:D