What was your BEST Caribbean port tour/excursion?

bluecruisin

My favorite tour in the Caribbean is my self guided tour in St Maarten......from liquor store to liquor store looking for the unusual (some Blanton's bourbon is only sold internationally and is available there) or inexpensive (eg. Stoli Elit vodka). Great tour....easy walking and since some of the shops give tastings, I sometimes remember getting back to the ship at the end of the day.

"sometimes remember getting back to the ship" Brilliant!!:')

Andy

I liked reading the other thread and have so many great ideas and hints for when we take a cruise abroad. Right now we are just doing Caribbean cruises, waiting for my DH to retire in a few years when we can take longer trips.I think we have already been to almost every port and are repeating ourselves and would love and appreciate any new ideas. Thanks in advance!!

For us, it would be the Catamaran sail & Lobster lunch on Antigua. Went to a few beaches. Just overall fun. Not cheap at about $150/pp. On Cunard it had to be a beach extravaganza on St. Lucia at the "Exquisite Cap Maison" resort.. This is where the "Bachelorette" was filmed some years back.

For us, it would be the Catamaran sail & Lobster lunch on Antigua. Went to a few beaches. Just overall fun. Not cheap at about $150/pp. On Cunard it had to be a beach extravaganza on St. Lucia at the "Exquisite Cap Maison" resort.. This is where the "Bachelorette" was filmed some years back.

Loved the Cat and Lobster tour. One of our favs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ours was in Aruba. It was the Trikes Aruba Tour.

http://Www.trikes-Aruba.com

I just had an email from them that they have just started up in St Martins and will be running soon in Cancun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agree! We had a blast on the trykes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have two:

2) America's Cup Regatta Race in St. Maarten - another picture perfect day on the water. So fun to become a crew member for the day and race against another boat.

I totally agree. It was one of the best days ever. My DH says it is his favorite excursion ever. For me, it is a very close second only to zip lining in Costa Rica.

One of our best trips in the Caribbean has been with Cosol's Tours in St Lucia. Not the cheapest, but certainly varied and lots packed into one day which is probably why they get good reviews on CC and TripAdvisor.

Agreed. It was one of the best tours we have ever been on. Helped us fall in love with St Lucia!

Barbados, Catameran Silver Moon! What a day trip! We actually loved it so much this past February we are thinking of chartering the catamaran next May for a week!

We have sailed many catamarans in the Caribbean but this one topped anything we ever had experienced. They only take 12 people max.

Try them! :cool:

Trikes might be fun in Aruba, but ATVs were a blast. You go over some rough terrain, to the beach, to the top of the island. It was awesome. Best part was going in places where all the jeeps with bouncing tourists could not go! Kini Kini is the company we used. Guides were great!