Excursions in Falmouth Jamaica and Cozumel

I'd love to get some feedback on Falmouth too. I have never been to Jamaica and feel more comfortable booking with RCL. I've looked on TripAdvisor, which focuses on private tour groups. Also, the port of call link through CC is less than helpful as it doesn't appear to be visited often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Dunn's River Falls (ship excursion) the last time we were there. We had a blast, even though it was crowded, and we're in our 60's. We've also gone to the Blue Hole, but you have to do that with a local tour. It was a great time and we got back to the ship way before we needed to board. I think that one was with Peat Taylor tours. He is very reputable and a lot of cruisers use him. Dunn's River was the only ship excursion we've ever done. All the rest have been with local/independent companies. The only time I wouldn't book a non-ship excursion would be if it was an all day trip.

The first time to Jamaica we did the caves and Dunns and had a fun day, minus the vendors at Dunns that could be bothersome.

The second time we did a zip line and tubing, I will never do two excursions again, too much waiting and down time.

Now we just do zip lines and get back to port in time to shop.

Just an FYI, it seems to us that nothing moves fast in Jamaica, always waiting........Just saying

In Cozumel we have done, snokerling, snuba,helmet dive, swim with the dolphins and this year we are going to Playa Mia beach day.

I can only hope it is fun.

Good luck on what you decide.

A good friend of mine recommended the RCI Margaritaville catamaran excursion (Falmouth) to me after she took it last summer. I'm not really comfortable taking my 7 year old on it this year, otherwise we probably would have done it ourselves this summer.

Dunns river in Ocho Rios via Falmouth; you can find an excursion with the Chukka zipline (included) as well. Been to Jamaica several times and the one thing I leave with every time is the people. The Jamaican people are awesome and cater to guests!

Dunns river is touristy, but a Jamaican must do- The zipline that accompanied our Dunns river excursion was medium level, but the staff make it an A+.

Cozumel has great beaches close to the pier. I recommend Nachi Cocum or Mr Sanchos. Basically an all inclusive beach day for the family. Nachi Cocum in particular has great shade and the food was awesome! Lots of water sports (for a nominal fee). Drinks are great for the adults. Easy cab ride along the coast to both locations. $50-$60 pp for either Nachi or Sanchos. Cab ride was about $15 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the Amazing Race in Cozumel last August. Best excursion ever. Ages 9-77. Had a BLAST! In Jamaica we took taxis to Burwood Beach which is a local public beach. Fantastic. Cool beers. Grilled seafood. Rustic but wonderful.

For Cozumel I'd recommend the America's Cup Sailing excursion through RCL. You can be as active or inactive as you want and it's an actual race between two boats that competed in the America's Cup a number of years ago.

Cozumel - Mr Sancho's beach club. Book direct through their website.

Falmouth - Hilton Rose Hall Beach Resort in Montego Bay (20 min drive). We book through resortforaday.con

For Cozumel, we really love Chankanaab Park. It's not so "beach" as there are steps to get into the water areas, but the snorkeling is great! We bring our own gear but you can rent it. Additionally, you can swim with dolphins or manatees or do a small zip line (and at a less expensive price than you'd pay booking directly through the cruise line).

Mr Sanchos in cozumel is an $18 taxi ride away and $50 for a day pass. It's all inclusive and beautiful. Just make sure you keep track of ship time!

We did the white sands beach resort in Jamaica. It was OK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

In Cozumel, we booked an independent snorkeling excursion with Cozumel H20- it was incredible. $65 per person for 3-4 hours of snorkeling; they keep groups small; they provided equipment, food, and water; overall extremely professional and well done and just a lot of fun! I would absolutely recommend that for Cozumel.

For Cozumel, we really love Chankanaab Park. It's not so "beach" as there are steps to get into the water areas, but the snorkeling is great! We bring our own gear but you can rent it. Additionally, you can swim with dolphins or manatees or do a small zip line (and at a less expensive price than you'd pay booking directly through the cruise line).

My wife and I swam with the dolphins here in 2015 and enjoyed it. The dolphins were the highlight but we enjoyed that there was other stuff to do afterwards. Just be sure to haggle if you plan to purchase a CD of pictures from the dolphin encounter. They ask for something ridiculous and will come way down in price if you haggle.

Strongly considering this for next week based on CC and TripAdvisor reviews. Have heard great things but never been.

One of the nice things we like about Nachi is how they limit the number of guests. It's never been crowded for us, and has been a very relaxing day with excellent service. I'd say that if you have kids, it's probably better to go to Mr. Sancho's.

One of the nice things we like about Nachi is how they limit the number of guests. It's never been crowded for us, and has been a very relaxing day with excellent service. I'd say that if you have kids, it's probably better to go to Mr. Sancho's.

No kids, no interest in loud music, don't like crowds, need shade if I'm going to a beach, etc... I have read enough reviews (some might have been yours, I lurk a ton before every cruise, just never signed up at CC until now) to know this is the place for us if we want to get off the boat. We've been to the Caribbean at least half a dozen times and are actually perfectly content staying on the boat at this point or just getting off to wander around the port shops for an hour for the heck of it. All the things you mentioned (along with it being all-inclusive) made this appealing though.

In Cozumel, we booked an independent snorkeling excursion with Cozumel H20- it was incredible. $65 per person for 3-4 hours of snorkeling; they keep groups small; they provided equipment, food, and water; overall extremely professional and well done and just a lot of fun! I would absolutely recommend that for Cozumel.

I have booked this one for our September 3, 2017 Oasis of the Seas cruise. I have heard a lot of good things about it.

I meant to ask this and forgot. Sorry about the double reply.

Do you know if it's possible to do any basic snorkeling right off their beach (with our own gear) or is it too shallow with nothing to see? We don't want to do the 2 hour snorkel tour they offer since it's not my thing, it's my wife's. Plus we'd rather spend the entire time at Nachi. TIA.

I meant to ask this and forgot. Sorry about the double reply.

Do you know if it's possible to do any basic snorkeling right off their beach (with our own gear) or is it too shallow with nothing to see? We don't want to do the 2 hour snorkel tour they offer since it's not my thing, it's my wife's. Plus we'd rather spend the entire time at Nachi. TIA.

You can snorkel off the beach, but there's not much to see close to shore. Ask when you get there if they have a shorter snorkel excursion, they might be flexible.