Underground Juneau Gold

Rambler5678

I have a daughter 14 that would like to try gold panning. Did you enjoy the excursion? Find any gold flakes?

We took it when we went to AK w our granddaughter. She enjoyed it. The mine was interesting and between the 3 of us we got enough gold to put into a locket.

DON

The gold panning is a minor part of this tour. The pans are seeded so everyone finds gold. The history of the mine and local gold mining industry were quite interesting, and the guide was entertaining.

19594618374_f0b40b565a_z.jpg

• 8 months later...
We took it when we went to AK w our granddaughter. She enjoyed it. The mine was interesting and between the 3 of us we got enough gold to put into a locket.

DON

Do you mind telling me how old your granddaughter was at the time? My boys are 4 and 8... do you think the underground part might be too scary or long/boring? (Knowing that you don't know my kids... I'd still be interested in your opinion). :) Thank you!

The bus ride might be a little boring, The mine underground is dark and noisy when they fire up the air drill. What 4 and 8 year old boy wouldn't love that. To add some excitement to the panning spend about 20 bucks on ebay on pickers to add to the pan when they are not looking.

The bus ride might be a little boring, The mine underground is dark and noisy when they fire up the air drill. What 4 and 8 year old boy wouldn't love that. To add some excitement to the panning spend about 20 bucks on ebay on pickers to add to the pan when they are not looking.

Awesome idea! Thanks a lot!