Oasis MTD for 11

We will be on Oasis in Oct. We have 6 adults and 4 kids. When making reservations it will only allow me to make a reservation for 10. The kids age in range from 7-12. Does anyone know how to make a reservation for 11 or can we just get an extra chair added?

Thanks

We will be on Oasis in Oct. We have 6 adults and 4 kids. When making reservations it will only allow me to make a reservation for 10. The kids age in range from 7-12. Does anyone know how to make a reservation for 11 or can we just get an extra chair added?

Thanks

Maybe I'm missing something but 6 adults + 4 kids = 10, which is what your reservation is allowing. Where is the 11th passenger? :confused:

That being said you should be able to make a reservation for everyone who is listed in your booking. But perhaps you may need to split into two tables.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Ok so I wasn't a math major! DOH! 😞

Actually it's 5 kids 6 adults. I made the reservation for 10 and figured we could add a chair.

Thanks.

We had exactly this amount of people, 6 adults, 5 kids (same ages approx.) and our table for 11 was great. See if you can get a round table...much ,much better for conversation. We love ours. Enjoy your cruise!:)

We had exactly this amount of people, 6 adults, 5 kids (same ages approx.) and our table for 11 was great. See if you can get a round table...much ,much better for conversation. We love ours. Enjoy your cruise!:)

Thanks. Did you have MTD? If so, did you make reservations or just show up? I plan to just let the Dining Room know when I board.

We will have 11 on our MYD and also planned to make reservations. If I call when my dining opens, will they be able to do 11 for me? Im the organizer and my family really has no clue and just follows what I tell them lol but Im Tupe A and the organizer and dont want to have to run into a problem each evening.

If I can call and be one less thing foe me to do when I board, Ill call.

Thank you Rala for the suggestion about a round table. When did you request this? Each evening?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. Did you have MTD? If so, did you make reservations or just show up? I plan to just let the Dining Room know when I board.

I think we may have had traditional dining, but if you make a standing ressie with MTD for the same time and same # of people at the beginning of your cruise for each night of the cruise, it should not be a problem. Go and see the maitre D right when you board, and you could also contact rcldining.com before you leave with your request, and follow up as soon as you get onboard. There may be a glitch or two, but be persistent until you are satisfied. Have a great cruise! :)

I think we may have had traditional dining, but if you make a standing ressie with MTD for the same time and same # of people at the beginning of your cruise for each night of the cruise, it should not be a problem. Go and see the maitre D right when you board, and you could also contact rcldining.com before you leave with your request, and follow up as soon as you get onboard. There may be a glitch or two, but be persistent until you are satisfied. Have a great cruise! :)

Thanks for the info. I'll try emailing. I know they'll do it for Traditional Dining, but we have different times each night due to show schedule.

We will have 11 on our MYD and also planned to make reservations. If I call when my dining opens, will they be able to do 11 for me? Im the organizer and my family really has no clue and just follows what I tell them lol but Im Tupe A and the organizer and dont want to have to run into a problem each evening.

If I can call and be one less thing foe me to do when I board, Ill call.

Thank you Rala for the suggestion about a round table. When did you request this? Each evening?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tried to reserve on line and it only allowed 10. If you call, can you let me know what they say? I called RCCL and they were pretty vague about it. Suggested I simply tell them when I get on board and they can add a chair. Not too happy with that answer though. Maybe you'll have better luck. Let me know what the say.

Thanks.

Twice on Oasis class, Allure in 16, Harmony this year, we had a table for 12. Both times we planned it in advance by calling RC and linking the 5 different bookings. Once on board we went to the MDR to verify the reservation of 12. They showed us the table it would be in advance. At 5:45 that night and each night thereafter, we went directly to the table. Could not have been easier. I do suggest though, go to the MDR on the first day to make sure they have the reservation. If they don't for any reason, they can accommodate (most times I guess).

Jeff

Twice on Oasis class, Allure in 16, Harmony this year, we had a table for 12. Both times we planned it in advance by calling RC and linking the 5 different bookings. Once on board we went to the MDR to verify the reservation of 12. They showed us the table it would be in advance. At 5:45 that night and each night thereafter, we went directly to the table. Could not have been easier. I do suggest though, go to the MDR on the first day to make sure they have the reservation. If they don't for any reason, they can accommodate (most times I guess).

Jeff

Thank you. Did you have a set dining time (early or late) or MTD and made reservations for each night?

As a few others have said, you cannot make reservations for groups over 10 online, but if you call in, they will link reservations and you can make reservations for the 11 you have in advance. Unless however it is a group booking and you are in control of the group booking, each separate reservation has to give the OK to RCCL to link the reservations together. I have done this under both a group booking and non-group booking in the past for groups of 20 and 24 people. No issues really, but just check in when you board with the two people handling the MTD reservations outside the MDR and confirm it is all set up for you correctly to avoid hiccups when you arrive to eat the first evening.

As a few others have said, you cannot make reservations for groups over 10 online, but if you call in, they will link reservations and you can make reservations for the 11 you have in advance. Unless however it is a group booking and you are in control of the group booking, each separate reservation has to give the OK to RCCL to link the reservations together. I have done this under both a group booking and non-group booking in the past for groups of 20 and 24 people. No issues really, but just check in when you board with the two people handling the MTD reservations outside the MDR and confirm it is all set up for you correctly to avoid hiccups when you arrive to eat the first evening.[/quote

All our reservations are linked together. Problem is, for MTD you can only make a reservation for a total of 10 people. So we are one short. I contacted RCCL today and they said we'd have to book 6 and 5. Not sure what we're going to do. Two tables won't work. Oh well. We'll keep working on it.