Amsterdam

If you are going to stay in Amsterdam for two nights after the cruise and your ship arrives at 5 a.m., what can you do with your luggage until it's time to check into your hotel?

Any help is appreciated.

If you are going to stay in Amsterdam for two nights after the cruise and your ship arrives at 5 a.m., what can you do with your luggage until it's time to check into your hotel?

Any help is appreciated.

Most big hotels will store your luggage from whenever you arrive until your room is ready. No worries,

Your ship may arrive at 5 am but you will not disembark at 5 am. I would recommend enjoying a nice leisurely breakfast onboard your ship before disembarking and making your way to your hotel. Amsterdam is a beautiful city and its people are wonderful - lots to see and do. You should have no problem whatsoever with your hotel storing your luggage until check-in time so that you are free to explore the city.

I've never stayed at a hotel that wasn't able to store luggage prior to your check-in. You could contact them in advance to be sure, but they will likely store it in a relatively safe area. However, I would not leave valuables in the luggage, just in case. I usually drop the luggage off at the hotel and then go off and start sightseeing, eating, relaxing, whatever is on my agenda. Usually around 1:00 or 2:00 they have rooms ready for you to get in to, however, you should check what the expected availability time is so you can return to the hotel as needed.

I've never stayed at a hotel that wasn't able to store luggage prior to your check-in. You could contact them in advance to be sure ........... .

Same for us.

Except, co-incidentally, in Amsterdam.

But altho booked through a hotel consolidator it wasn't a hotel, it was a privately-owned s/c apartment with a time window around noon to meet the owner at the property.

The owner had suggested using luggage lockers at Centraal Station - it was very easy for us since we were arriving by train from the airport, and it's tolerably easy for a cruiser since the main cruise terminal is behind the station.

Me<3Cruising is almost certainly right, but I'd be inclined to ask the hotel in advance to avoid possibly having to double-back to the station.

JB :)

Closest by hotel is the Movenpick, right next to the dock if you want to avoid any hassle with your luggage. The disadvantage is less central spot for going into town (a matter of a few minutes!) but also guarantees a quiet night of sleep!

But as others said, the Central Station is under 10 minutes by foot, very easy to do.

• 2 months later...
Same for us.

Except, co-incidentally, in Amsterdam.

But altho booked through a hotel consolidator it wasn't a hotel, it was a privately-owned s/c apartment with a time window around noon to meet the owner at the property.

The owner had suggested using luggage lockers at Centraal Station - it was very easy for us since we were arriving by train from the airport, and it's tolerably easy for a cruiser since the main cruise terminal is behind the station.

Me<3Cruising is almost certainly right, but I'd be inclined to ask the hotel in advance to avoid possibly having to double-back to the station.

JB :)

We are staying at an Airbnb may not be able to get in until later in the afternoon. Are the lockers at central station large enough to hold large pieces of luggage?

We are staying at an Airbnb may not be able to get in until later in the afternoon. Are the lockers at central station large enough to hold large pieces of luggage?

http://www.ns.nl/en/travel-information/luggage/luggage-at-the-station.html

Different prices at Amsterdam Centraal: http://www.ns.nl/stationsinformatie/amsterdam-centraal.html