Express Docs = Guaranteed cabin

TheCalicoCat

I wouldn't wait any later than 3>4 days before in case there's any problems with their system or yours. You only need the first page printed, so if we haven't gotten an assignment by 7 days before I usually print them then and re-print later if necessary.

You know what was interesting about those documents?

They never asked for them when we checked in. All they wanted to see were our passports and the credit card we were putting all the charges on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They never asked for them when we checked in.
They usually don't ask at the check-in desk, but sometimes you need the boarding pass to get into the terminal, and sometimes you are asked for it going through the main gate of the port, especially if you are in a private car rather than a shuttle bus of some sort.

Another reason to take your boarding pass with you is if you are flying internationally, one way, to get to the ship. Many countries require a round trip or continuing reservation to enter the country. The airlines are aware of this and we have run into a few arrogant airline checkin agents who demanded to see our return flight, (which we obviously didn't have) or a continuing reservation or they wouldn't board us. The HAL boarding pass always works for this. The countries that require these documents want to be sure they won't be stuck with you if you decide to stay.

You know what was interesting about those documents?

They never asked for them when we checked in. All they wanted to see were our passports and the credit card we were putting all the charges on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are 4* or above or in a Suite you also need the boarding pass to get in the Suite line