Port Guide/Summary

I read someplace that there are Port Guides/Summaries some place on cruise critic that give a concise detail of the port, transportation, wifi hot spots, etc. But I can't find anything like it on the site. Does anyone know if they exist and where I find them?

Thanks

I read someplace that there are Port Guides/Summaries some place on cruise critic that give a concise detail of the port, transportation, wifi hot spots, etc. But I can't find anything like it on the site. Does anyone know if they exist and where I find them?

Thanks

Tom's Port Guides?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are pretty easy to find -- look at the top set of tabs and select "Destination", then select the area you're looking for.

There will be some general text, but scroll down a few paragraphs and you'll see another set of tabs. Select "Ports". From there you just look for the port you are interested in and click on it.

If nothing else gets the info then the forum for a specific port on TripAdvisor.com will be the best place to post a question. Most have a designated Destination Expert (DE) that is probably local or has enhanced local knowledge. Cruise Critic is a brand in the TripAdvisor Media Group.

There's also CruisePortWiki.com. Agree with the suggestion to use TripAdvisor for specific information once you get an idea of the port. You can look for reviews of specific attractions or tours, but you can also ask questions of the "Destination Experts" Their Travel Forums work just like Cruise Critic (Forum on TripAdvisor = Board on CC). They don't make them easy to find - you need to click on the More button (3 little dots) at the top of the page to see the link.

Tom's Port Guides?

Yes, there is a section right here on Cruise Critic called the "Ports of Call". Is this what you were thinking of? This section has been so beneficial to us in planning our most recent cruises. Attaching the link to the Ports of Call section:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Yes, there is a section right here on Cruise Critic called the "Ports of Call". Is this what you were thinking of? This section has been so beneficial to us in planning our most recent cruises. Attaching the link to the Ports of Call section:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I'm talking about the actual website: "Tom's port guides."

I urge anyone using the above-named site to exercise due diligence and double check things. I assume it's maintained on an amateur basis and I've found some interesting errors and omissions. Not sure how often the various ports are updated....and things do change regularly.

I realize you were and I wasn't trying to contradict you, it's just that the OP mentioned "Port Guides/Summaries some place on cruise critic that give a concise detail of the port, transportation, wifi hot spots, etc", so I was thinking they were asking about the Cruise Critic "Ports of Call" boards.

BUT, I have bookmarked the website you mentioned for our personal use/research for future use. :)

I realize you were and I wasn't trying to contradict you, it's just that the OP mentioned "Port Guides/Summaries some place on cruise critic that give a concise detail of the port, transportation, wifi hot spots, etc", so I was thinking they were asking about the Cruise Critic "Ports of Call" boards.

BUT, I have bookmarked the website you mentioned for our personal use/research for future use. :)

No problem- I mentioned Tom's because it is so often cited on CC. So, I thought that might be what op was looking for.