Carnival Suite Perks

Hi all! My family will be cruising on the splendor in December 2018, I have also heard conflicting replies to this question. I have called carnival and they did confirm that suites do get priority embarkation just before FTTF. I also downloaded this from the site.

Exclusive Amenities

• VIP check-in
  • Priority embarkation and debarkation
  • Mini Fridge
  • Deluxe bathroom featuring whirlpool tub

• 1 month later...

This is all rather disheartening. I was originally set to do a balcony with FTTF to make my 14 year old son's first cruise special, then a few days ago I impulsively decided to cancel FTTF and stretch my budget even tighter by upgrading to an Ocean Suite instead. (Impressing a teenager isn't easy and I had visions of earning some easy "Best Mom Ever" brownie points, lol)

Reading this I realize I pretty much wasted the money and would have been way better off just spending it on FTTF and bigger/better excursions. Live and learn... but still a little disappointing. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Because that's the way it is and it is fact. I have provided all the documentation in my various posts. I don't know what else you need. As I have said before in other threads as well as my Vista review, suites are not ready at embarkation. I walked past a lot of them when I got on Vista and they were nowhere near ready. Sheets stripped off, trash in the cabins, S&S cards not in the mailboxes.

If you had an FTTF sticker on your card, then they gave you FTTF and you had all the paid perks that came with it. Once again, having a suite does not give you all the perks as FTTF. Suites do get priority luggage delivery and therefore have the FTTF logo on the luggage tags. Same with Diamond and Platinum.

Since you only sail from Long Beach, then perhaps they give you FTTF as maybe it's not as popular there or I don't know why. But I can assure you that's not how it works in Miami or other ports.

But if you don't want to believe me (as you said I'm one of the most accurate reporters on here), you can read through the various threads at people that have had suites and still bought or continue to buy FTTF because of the additional benefits it provides. You will always find those who's cabins have been ready because that's just the way it worked out. No different than a regular cabin that just so happened to be done sooner. They don't all automatically turn over at exactly 1:00. Point being that unless you see your category mentioned on the signs to the cabins, you aren't suppose to go through.

But that's OK. The ships are transitioning to the cards in the mailboxes which means the people that aren't supposed to be there won't have their keys so that can't "just drop their stuff off". As I stated previously, on Vista suites weren't ready. Some were. But a lot weren't. There's just no way they can get all those cabins in a row ready early.

I don't know why you're "attacking" this question with your incorrect "facts"?

It is clear in the FAQ's that while Platinum and Diamond members have extra, over and above priority..

The suite holders receive the SAME perks right after them.. Same priority boarding, room readiness, priority lines only for suite holders, priority tender, guaranteed dinner reservation.. What is your obsession with insisting there is nothing? I was a suite holder on my first cruise, and will be again on my next.. I have all of these perks.. It's not much, but it's what Carnival provides..

Maybe it's your aggressive approach? But you are playing know-it-all and this time? You were wrong..

I don't know why you're "attacking" this question with your incorrect "facts"?

It is clear in the FAQ's that while Platinum and Diamond members have extra, over and above priority..

The suite holders receive the SAME perks right after them.. Same priority boarding, room readiness, priority lines only for suite holders, priority tender, guaranteed dinner reservation.. What is your obsession with insisting there is nothing? I was a suite holder on my first cruise, and will be again on my next.. I have all of these perks.. It's not much, but it's what Carnival provides..

Maybe it's your aggressive approach? But you are playing know-it-all and this time? You were wrong..

Sorry, but you are 100% wrong. Suites do NOT have their room ready upon embarkation, Diamond/Platinum/FTTF line, or Priority Luggage Delivery. Perhaps you should get your facts straight before going on the offensive. I will offer this up directly from Carnival when I wrote to them due to this very discussion. Anything else you would like to add besides an apology?

51ab9eb9e005dad32787d1a20a020105.jpg

Sorry, but you are 100% wrong. Suites do NOT have their room ready upon embarkation, Diamond/Platinum/FTTF line, or Priority Luggage Delivery. Perhaps you should get your facts straight before going on the offensive. I will offer this up directly from Carnival when I wrote to them due to this very discussion. Anything else you would like to add besides an apology?

51ab9eb9e005dad32787d1a20a020105.jpg

To be honest, the poster is not 100% wrong.... Maybe I am being picky.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are 100% wrong in attacking me and my posts. They don't get equal perks to Diamonds and Platinums or even FTTF just by having a Suite.

Ahhhh, got it. I learned long ago not to do that..... ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why do people need Guest services? In all of my cruises, I only went to guest services once and there was no line.

Can't speak for others, but once my S&S card was never activated. Two weeks ago, we set up a cash account, boarded, everything fine and dandy. Needed a trip for some bandaids in the morning (cut on damaged luggage), card was declined. Went to room to get our paperwork out. We were locked out. Went to GS, first guy I had to argue with. He claimed I had no money on my account. I told them I have proof in the receipt. Finally he got it through his thick skull, that if I could get into MY cabin, I could provide the proof. They put my money onto somebody elses portfolio. What a PITA. The 2nd woman was great, she helped me. The first one had me so PO'd I wanted to really cancel the rest of the cruise. Never thought I feel that way but I did. So remember, it can happen to anybody, you just don't know when it's your turn.

• 3 weeks later...
Can't speak for others, but once my S&S card was never activated. Two weeks ago, we set up a cash account, boarded, everything fine and dandy. Needed a trip for some bandaids in the morning (cut on damaged luggage), card was declined. Went to room to get our paperwork out. We were locked out. Went to GS, first guy I had to argue with. He claimed I had no money on my account. I told them I have proof in the receipt. Finally he got it through his thick skull, that if I could get into MY cabin, I could provide the proof. They put my money onto somebody elses portfolio. What a PITA. The 2nd woman was great, she helped me. The first one had me so PO'd I wanted to really cancel the rest of the cruise. Never thought I feel that way but I did. So remember, it can happen to anybody, you just don't know when it's your turn.

I go the last night of our cruise to pay our balance in gift cards. That way I owe nothing when I leave the ship. The kiosks suck most of the time.

• 2 years later...

Came here searching for the answer to this question because it was the first result in search.  This information is clearly available on Carnivals site, but since the search engines come here instead I thought I would include the refence:

https://www.carnival.com/staterooms.aspx

AVAILABLE FEATURES

• Sleeps up to 5 guests
  • Balcony
  • Room size: Roomiest
  • Connecting rooms

EXCLUSIVE AMENITIES

• Priority check-in, embarkation & debarkation
  • Priority dinner reservations & main dining room time assignment
  • Two complimentary large bottles of water
  • Pillow-top mattresses
  • Bathrobes

While not exactly technically FFTF (early stateroom access isn’t in the list), a suite does in fact include all of the most important aspects of FFTF for our needs (priority checkin, embarkation and debarkation).  We could care less about early access to the room itself, were busy having lunch.

Even having Priority status doesn't mean that your cabin will always be ready.  On one of our cruises, we had FTTF.  Got to the cabin and the cabin steward met us and said that our cabin wasn't ready yet but we could put our carry-ons in it.  No problem as we usually just drop off our stuff and head out to eat anyway.

On our last cruise, we were Platinum and again, our cabin wasn't ready.  My brother and SIL had the cabin next to ours and they had FTTF.  Their cabin was ready.  It was no big deal.  We just dropped off the carry-ons and headed out.