Half Moon Cay Cabanas

salumbaugh1

You don't NEED a cabana....there are loungers everywhere...and if you want to pull one under at tree for shade...go ahead! Many like to spend their money on them, tho...and if you want to, that's fine...but it's certainly not necessary for a beach day!

We had one last cruise, (and one before), and loved it! Is it worth it? Absolutely NOT.

It includes corn chips, pop, veggie tray with dip, a variety of fruit, snorkel gear, floats, and nice shady hut WITH air conditioning.

Sounds great, eh?

All this in the neighborhood of $260 per cabana. (Not per person)

Yes, it IS nice, but figure you're only there for six hours tops. So, it's up to you if it's worth it, or not.:cool:

With a cabana you get a place in the shade, mist fan, ac , sodas, fruit, float mats, snorkel gear and a shower. I think it is worth it others do not. The first time I was at HMC I did not get one and had to find find shade to keep from burning. The next time I got a cabana it made things a lot easier and we really enjoyed it. We have one booked on our next cruise. There is shade in a few spots if you don't want to spend the money

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For us it was one of the best "excursions" we've had.

But it's not Needed for everyone.

In our case we were traveling with 3 young kids who needed to nap, 2 elderly people and 1 person that needed to be out of the sun and in AC for health reasons(yes, that's 7 people sharing a cabana for 4, but they aren't taking a head count). It came with a ton of food, water, floats, loungers, and also had a shower and shuttle to and from the ship. There was a hammock next to it which was for everyone, but people seemed to think it was part of the cabana so it became ours.

Love them!!!! Always try to get one when HMC part of itinerary...if you divide the number of people in your group by the total cost of the cabana it works out to usually less than (or about same) as all of us going on another excursion. Most excursions are $60 - $100 a person and not as enjoyable with the waiting for transpo then getting to actual excursion etc....if you want to enjoy your own private piece of real estate on a tropical island then this is a great way to do so for the average person...very relaxing and beautiful.....

Definitely not necessary but definitely worth it. We had a cabana on our recent Glory cruise and loved having a place to camp out for the day. Great for my shade loving husband and for sun loving me. Nice having water, soda, and snacks waiting for us when we got to the Cabana. As someone else said, when you divide the cost by the number of people ($270/4 for us) it is comparable to the cost of an excursion.

I would absolutely get a cabana the next time we are at HMC. Btw, we had #10 and loved it.

Thanks for all the responses. If we were to get one which number would be the best to request when we get on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

9 to 13 seem popular bc they are farther down the beach away from noise and crowds. I think 9 is near the bathrooms. Check out you tube. They're are some walking tour videos that show all the cabanas.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the responses. If we were to get one which number would be the best to request when we get on the ship?

Based on info from cruise critic, these were my cabana choices in order of preference.

Not 1 or 15 (since 1 is too close to where everyone first gets to the beach and 15 is pretty far down)

We ended up with #10 but truly any of the ones listed would be good..and any others :-)

We had one last cruise, (and one before), and loved it! Is it worth it? Absolutely NOT.

It includes corn chips, pop, veggie tray with dip, a variety of fruit, snorkel gear, floats, and nice shady hut WITH air conditioning.

Sounds great, eh?

All this in the neighborhood of $260 per cabana. (Not per person)

Yes, it IS nice, but figure you're only there for six hours tops. So, it's up to you if it's worth it, or not.:cool:

I agree with you! For just the two of us, it was NOT worth it. Most of the food went to waste.

There is plenty of shade trees to get out of the sun, just pull up a lounge chair.

A related question for those of you that have booked a villa on HMC. We've booked one for our next cruise and while we've been to HMC previously, it was prior to the villa's being built. I'm inclined to request the "C" villa once we board due to it's proximity to the bars (but not too close) with the "D" villa as a second choice. Opinions?

9 to 13 seem popular bc they are farther down the beach away from noise and crowds. I think 9 is near the bathrooms. Check out you tube. They're are some walking tour videos that show all the cabanas.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just came back from the Pride this morning, #9 is definitely in front of the bathrooms. We got lucky, wanted #6 but it was taken, so we took 9 with this little bonus.

A related question for those of you that have booked a villa on HMC. We've booked one for our next cruise and while we've been to HMC previously, it was prior to the villa's being built. I'm inclined to request the "C" villa once we board due to it's proximity to the bars (but not too close) with the "D" villa as a second choice. Opinions?

We rented villa C and loved it and the location. Perfect distance from the Pirate Ship Bar and a quick walk to the food shed, grab some grub, and walk back to the villa. I know that is not the technical name, but the big shed where they serve lunch.

Both times, we grabbed #9. The crowds are thinner, and the bathrooms are directly behind!;)

We rented villa C and loved it and the location. Perfect distance from the Pirate Ship Bar and a quick walk to the food shed, grab some grub, and walk back to the villa. I know that is not the technical name, but the big shed where they serve lunch.

Thank you! I will definitely request the C villa upon boarding and go with D if C is not available.

We booked a cabana our second time there. It was awesome, but we haven't done it since. There are plenty of spots depending where you'd like to be on the beach.